PDA

View Full Version : Construction outside of the skyway

xsilverxstarsx
09-08-2008, 08:21 AM
So, I am a cast member at a restaurant VERY close by the skyway and I want to clear up the rumors about the construction walls around the sky way. Sadly, they are not bringing it back at this time. What they are doing is building a new fruit cart. They tore down the ODV Lemonade stand and our fruit cart and are expanding the FC. The plan is to sell coffee, bagels, muffins, etc in the morning (since there really is no place besides the bakery that sells just quick, side breakfast items) and of course have all the fruit cart basics and merchandise, but ideas are still up in the air. The tentative reopen date is for Sept. 25 I believe.

olegc
09-08-2008, 02:38 PM
thanks. David Koenig also let everyone know in his blog and on today's MP Update.

potzbie
09-08-2008, 06:09 PM
A fruit cart is good.
I have taken advantage of the fruit cart more than once.

Pickles are good on hot days. That tang which makes me pucker is a good one, not too much, but just a little kick.

Pineapple spears are good on those days I am not in a pickle mood, and want something smoother going down.

But, as always, those prices are for the birds. Rich birds.

spectromen
09-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Thanks, xsilver. Incidentally, Village Haus was closed at 3pm this past Sunday with CMs standing at the door to stop letting people in. Any reason? That seems way early to be closing up.

xsilverxstarsx
09-08-2008, 10:26 PM
i was working sunday, i left around 345, nothing went on to my knowledge. we do have a new health code policy that has effected all restaurants that have been hit up with a health inspection. all restaurants need to have their front doors closed at all times and much have cast members there to welcome people inside and open the doors for them. that sounds like what i think happened in your case. so we havent closed, its just a new policy. i personally dont like it. it adds on way more labor than we need and takes away two of our cast members on a daily basis. but something could have happened, like we had no hot water so we would have to close for a while, but like i said, nothing happened to my knowledge.

ScottC4746
09-09-2008, 07:11 AM
i was working sunday, i left around 345, nothing went on to my knowledge. we do have a new health code policy that has effected all restaurants that have been hit up with a health inspection. all restaurants need to have their front doors closed at all times and much have cast members there to welcome people inside and open the doors for them. that sounds like what i think happened in your case. so we havent closed, its just a new policy. i personally dont like it. it adds on way more labor than we need and takes away two of our cast members on a daily basis. but something could have happened, like we had no hot water so we would have to close for a while, but like i said, nothing happened to my knowledge.
So THAT explains it. I went to Plaza Inn Saturday and was not sure if they were open or not since the doors were closed. I think for that restaurant it made it more classy especially with less flies since the doors are closed now.
How would the new policy affect places like Hungry Bear and Bengal Tiger and Tommorowland Terrace since they were built and designed as open air? I hope this does not mean they will have to enclose them.
A friend of mine worked at a Six Flags park and that county required them do that and it ruined the look and ambiance of the restuarants. You now felt like you were in a box.

candles71
09-09-2008, 07:42 AM
I would think window screens would be adequate for the Health department, just making sure they are closed when not actually handing something through.

stan4d_steph
09-10-2008, 06:20 AM
Right, window screens or air curtains sound like they would be a less expensive solution.

ScottC4746
09-10-2008, 07:19 AM
I would think window screens would be adequate for the Health department, just making sure they are closed when not actually handing something through.
The county that this park was in required actual walls with windows.