PDA

View Full Version : Behind Thunder Mountain Railroad

ScottC4746
09-07-2008, 08:10 PM
If you take was some refer to as Thundr Mountail Road that runs behind Thunder Mountain you come across a cave to nowhere, yet it is open on the other end. Was that an old origianl attraction?

dznyphreak
09-07-2008, 08:35 PM
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, that was part of the Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland, I believe.

ScottC4746
09-07-2008, 08:40 PM
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, that was part of the Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland, I believe.
That is what I was talking about and what I thought it was.

ChurroGirl
09-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Yep it was part of the Mine train!

jeffthechef
09-08-2008, 02:43 PM
I think the train car (or whatever it is) in front of it is also from the original Mine Train as well.

Bytebear
09-08-2008, 03:07 PM
The saloon that you pass at the end of BTMRR was originally part of the old mine train ride too. I believe it was part of the loading area.

HisKid
09-09-2008, 08:10 AM
I am about 75% sure I read that the train car that you can see from some vantage points on TSI is from that ride as well. Confirm anyone? Also, if you look down into the pool below that tunnel that you referred to, you will see "fish" jump out of the water at various intervals. These were part of the ride, and continue to operate. I have watched several families get into actual arguments about whether or not they are real. I'm never quite sure if I should tell them, lol.

dznyphreak
09-09-2008, 10:24 AM
So true about those fish! It's too much fun to see people watch them...I don't have the heart to ruin it. :)

DisneyObsessedBruin
09-09-2008, 10:31 AM
haha. My boyfriend insisted there were real fish jumping in the pond. He said "Look, I bet it'll jump again!" I said, " I KNOW they will jump again." haha. He still refuses to acknowledge the facts and insists they're real. I'm unsure as to whether he actually believes it or if he just wants to be right.:rolleyes::)

ScottC4746
09-09-2008, 03:42 PM
haha. My boyfriend insisted there were real fish jumping in the pond. He said "Look, I bet it'll jump again!" I said, " I KNOW they will jump again." haha. He still refuses to acknowledge the facts and insists they're real. I'm unsure as to whether he actually believes it or if he just wants to be right.:rolleyes::)
Next time I go I will have to check that out.