PDA

View Full Version : Name of group [Jambalaya Jazz]

ScottC4746
09-07-2008, 07:25 PM
What is the name of this group that plays at the French Quarter. It is a NO Jazz style group and the female or headliner of the group is WONDERFUL!!!!!!! Being from the south originally she shows true Southern hospitality. She is African American and has the true Mantra of New Orleans.

ChurroGirl
09-07-2008, 07:35 PM
I have no idea who she or they are but I LOVE IT when she comes out and sings/dances with the guests! I love to eat lunch at French Market just so I can sit and listen to them play!

Malcon10t
09-07-2008, 07:36 PM
I *think* you are talking about Jambalaya Jazz, and the female singer is Queenie.

ScottC4746
09-07-2008, 07:38 PM
I have no idea who she or they are but I LOVE IT when she comes out and sings/dances with the guests! I love to eat lunch at French Market just so I can sit and listen to them play!
Isn't she great. You WANT to get up and dance. I wish they would do more Soutern Gospel numbers, but the complaints would be as high as all the mountains (Splash, Thunder, Matterhorn, and Space) stacked together.

ScottC4746
09-07-2008, 07:38 PM
I *think* you are talking about Jambalaya Jazz, and the female singer is Queenie.
YESSSS That is it. Isn't she wonderful?

ChurroGirl
09-07-2008, 07:39 PM
You so do dont you!:D I love it when she interacts with the crowds! Its just wonderful! Makes the afternoons something magical!

ScottC4746
09-07-2008, 07:43 PM
You so do dont you!:D I love it when she interacts with the crowds! Its just wonderful! Makes the afternoons something magical!
Go to www.youtube.com and do a search on them. There are videos! It is like being transported to the 1950's Disney all over again.

ChurroGirl
09-07-2008, 07:50 PM
When we are about to go on trips we always watch from the Disneyland U.S.A Dvd the Disneyland at Night segment with Louis Armstrong on the Mark Twain! It gets us so excited for those afternoons and evenings in NOS!

I dont get YouTube at work.

ScottC4746
09-07-2008, 08:04 PM
When we are about to go on trips we always watch from the Disneyland U.S.A Dvd the Disneyland at Night segment with Louis Armstrong on the Mark Twain! It gets us so excited for those afternoons and evenings in NOS!

I dont get YouTube at work.
I remember seeing that video on Disney Chanel..Those days are over I hate to say...but Queenie brings back that memory. I can smell the homade biscuites now.

MoKat72
09-08-2008, 07:38 AM
I happened to be on the balcony of the Disney Gallery one day when she came out there to sing at the crowd in NOS. Scared the dickens out of me! I ducked backed in the Gallery before I got co-opted into the show.

oregontraveler
09-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Queenie has been known to sing a few songs with the jazz trio on the
Freanch Market stage during the evening. Great singer....:)

olegc
09-08-2008, 02:41 PM
yeah - but I also miss the Side Street Strutters (which included a banjo) and the Bayou Brass with the funky beat. These folks (some of them now with the Jambalaya Jazz) were really there to perform their music.

For me - after watching them for years and being a musician myself (trombone) I just get the feeling that Jambalaya Jazz is performing more of an act for streetmosphere instead of performing their music and really putting their heart and soul into it. I know many people like what they do - but for me I want semi, non-scripted performances of bands that are not led by a "character".

Except for the Mayor of New Orleans. One year they celebrated NO XMas in the square and it was an amazing show. Involving the mark twain, the mayor, travelling bands, etc. THAT was New Orleans for me.

oregontraveler
09-08-2008, 04:58 PM
yeah - but I also miss the Side Street Strutters (which included a banjo) and the Bayou Brass with the funky beat. These folks (some of them now with the Jambalaya Jazz) were really there to perform their music.

For me - after watching them for years and being a musician myself (trombone) I just get the feeling that Jambalaya Jazz is performing more of an act for streetmosphere instead of performing their music and really putting their heart and soul into it. I know many people like what they do - but for me I want semi, non-scripted performances of bands that are not led by a "character".

Except for the Mayor of New Orleans. One year they celebrated NO XMas in the square and it was an amazing show. Involving the mark twain, the mayor, travelling bands, etc. THAT was New Orleans for me.

no argument here