PDA

View Full Version : Dress Code?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

lofosho
09-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Didn't Disneyland have a dress code at one point? Maybe I just didn't notice it when I was younger, or maybe because the weather was hot on our trip last week, but has anyone else noticed an increase in super revealing attire? The majority of people were fine, and we saw some of the cutest little princess dresses, but without being overly descriptive, we also saw some pretty outrageous things. The one of the worst was probably an older MOM with her KIDS wearing a very thin white wifebeater with the sides cut out in strips, no bra, and the biggest most obvious nipple piercings I've ever seen. Not that I've seen a lot. :) I covered my little sisters eyes. Now, I understand it was hot, and freedom of expression for people to wear what they want, but isn't there a line that shouldnt be crossed, at a theme park full of children?

Just curious if anyone else has had similar experiences, or has an opinion on a past or future dress code.

ScottC4746
09-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Didn't Disneyland have a dress code at one point? Maybe I just didn't notice it when I was younger, or maybe because the weather was hot on our trip last week, but has anyone else noticed an increase in super revealing attire? The majority of people were fine, and we saw some of the cutest little princess dresses, but without being overly descriptive, we also saw some pretty outrageous things. The one of the worst was probably an older MOM with her KIDS wearing a very thin white wifebeater with the sides cut out in strips, no bra, and the biggest most obvious nipple piercings I've ever seen. Not that I've seen a lot. :) I covered my little sisters eyes. Now, I understand it was hot, and freedom of expression for people to wear what they want, but isn't there a line that shouldnt be crossed, at a theme park full of children?

Just curious if anyone else has had similar experiences, or has an opinion on a past or future dress code.
Times are changing. Look at the old photos from the 50's and 60's and I dare say some of the 70's as well. Nowdays I think there is a shortage of mirors looking at some people. I for one dress comfortabaly when I go to Disneyland, but you will always see me in a collard shirt and no t-shirt. If I make it to the Candlelight Procession this year, I will be in business casual. I will say the atire at Disney is much better than most Six Flags parks.

lofosho
09-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Will CMs ever stop someone from entering the park because of what they're wearing? Or not wearing? Not just revealing clothes, but maybe tshirts with inappropriate language or images?

ScottC4746
09-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Will CMs ever stop someone from entering the park because of what they're wearing? Or not wearing? Not just revealing clothes, but maybe tshirts with inappropriate language or images?
Not being a CM myself, but I think if you are offended by something someone is wearing (this also goes towards personal attitude towards each other) it should be reported. Perhaps there are others who feel the same way with revealing clothes or inappropriate language or images, but are afraid to say anything. Companies are very timid when it comes to telling people you may not wear. Now with that I did a little research and found this on their website:
Are there restrictions on types of clothing or makeup that Guests may wear, or tattoos that can be displayed, while visiting the DisneylandŽ Resort? Back to Top

Yes. The goal of the DisneylandŽ Resort is to provide a safe, secure environment for our Guests to enjoy. Clothing, makeup and tattoos that may distract from the DisneylandŽ Resort experience or that may pose a safety or health issue are not permitted:
Clothing or tattoos with obscene, lewd or offensive language, graphics or designs
Clothing that could be construed as indecent, exposing excessive portions of skin that may be viewed as inappropriate for a family environment (e.g., string bikini tops and bottoms, G-strings, clothing that accentuates or draws attention to private areas)
Bare feet
Weapons or accessories that appear to be weapons (i.e., bullet belts)
Clothing or accessories that drag on the ground and create a potential tripping hazard
Costumes on Guests over the age of 9 (e.g., Halloween costumes — with the exception of special events — wedding dresses, period costumes)
Sharp or pointed accessories that may cause injury
Masks or makeup that could be construed as part of a costume
Exception: Attire intended to identify those wearing it is acceptable (e.g., military uniforms, cultural attire)
This information is subject to change without notice.

houseofmouse
09-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Interesting you should mention this. We were there in July and saw several dressing errors. One shirt had F2#* the world on it! There was a woman probably mid-twenties with a shirt so closely cropped to her chest that if she sneezed they would have popped out!! We saw several teenage girls with pants so short I swear cheeks were peeking!:eek: I had my two boys 14, 12 with me and believe me you they noticed! At least they agreeded the clothes were inappropriate. :eek:

Toocherie
09-07-2008, 06:06 PM
well, I am no prude, but I have also seen some "questionable" clothing items on both men and women.

I think the problem is that once they are through the gates there probably isn't a lot that can be done--so the screening must be done at the turnstyle entry--and as we all know there's very little screening done there--other than making sure you have a valid ticket!!

When I was younger there definitely was a dress code. I think at one point even men with long hair weren't allowed?

ChurroGirl
09-07-2008, 06:08 PM
I love this thread!!

Every time my FDH and I go, we always see young women, I am guessing still in HIGH SCHOOL!! dressing like they are about to go work a corner! Its disgusting and inappropriate.
Grown women with their unmentionables hanging out for the world to see, we are not at the Playboy Mansion, you can tuck them back in!
I understand that it can be hot outside but you can also wear appropriate clothing for where you are going.

Some rides can be jerky and rough and things can fall out and I dont want to be there when they do!

Soon we will be seeing signs in the qeues, "Do to Jerkiness of this ride, FULL T-Shirts are required!"

Tooch~ I agree with the turnstile checking but maybe it should start sooner, at the security check points perhaps!

lofosho
09-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Tooch~ I agree with the turnstile checking but maybe it should start sooner, at the security check points perhaps!

I agree. I'm not a prude either, but when you're paying $93 dollars for a one day parkhopper now, you don't need to feel like you're walking by people "out on a corner!" Its like going to a restaurant, you expect everyone else to dress appropriately, because it totally effects the ambiance!

CV12Pirate
09-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Being a Male Chauvinist Pig, I like what the girls are wearing today, I think they look good.

As for the boy's, what is with pants down around their knees. Yeah, that's what I want to see. Some guy with his skid marked boxer covered butt sticking out.

Hey tiny... pull your pants up!

lofosho
09-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Being a Male Chauvinist Pig, I like what the girls are wearing today, I think they look good.

As for the boy's, what is with pants down around their knees. Yeah, that's what I want to see. Some guy with his skid marked boxer covered butt sticking out.

Hey tiny... pull your pants up!

There's a guy who works at trader joes by my house who sags his pants like that but doesnt wear boxers, he wears tightie whities, so you can see like a good half a foot of bare thigh before his jeans. Its the weirdest thing!

ChurroGirl
09-07-2008, 07:20 PM
I hate when boys wear pants like that! EVEN worse when they wear the Skinny jeans and they cant get them over their tushes! They have to tighten the belt around their thighs and stuff inorder for them to stay afloat!

I just want to pull them down and say, " see shouldnt you have put that belt on this morning!"

Women need to respect their bodies and show a positive image to younger girls. If all the young ladies or women wore blouses with their belongings hanging all the time, it gives a wrong impression to younger girls. that its ok for them to expose themselves when its not. Some men, and I am not saying all, but some men are not 'right' in their minds and see these girls and will act upon their thoughts.

This is for womens protection! Dress accordingly and appropriate

ScottC4746
09-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Maybe I am a prude...but out of respect to "the man" AKA Walt Disney I will dress apropriatly. I remember in 1996 I stayed at Disneyland Hotel and had VIP seats for Fantasmic and I returned to the hotel in July and came back for the show in slacks, dress shoes, and dress shirt.

ChurroGirl
09-07-2008, 07:24 PM
FDH just reminded me of something!

We were in the Park a few visits back, I want to say our 06' Oct trip, there was a little girl in Fantasyland wearing a Tshirt that said " Future Hoochie"

:eek::eek::eek:< OUR FACES AFTER WE SAW HER!!

ScottC4746
09-07-2008, 07:27 PM
FDH just reminded me of something!

We were in the Park a few visits back, I want to say our 06' Oct trip, there was a little girl in Fantasyland wearing a Tshirt that said " Future Hoochie"

When you say little girl how little was she? Under 30 I would have complained.

CV12Pirate
09-07-2008, 07:28 PM
I remember a plane load of men wearing suits and women wearing dresses, just to fly. That was 1965. I even had to wear my "Sunday best", just to fly.

ScottC4746
09-07-2008, 07:30 PM
I remember a plane load of men wearing suits and women wearing dresses, just to fly. That was 1965. I even had to wear my "Sunday best", just to fly.
That is what I was refering to in my first post. WOW!!! We knew how to dress then. I dress up for the Disney parks in homage and honor to "the man"...in honor and homage to Walt Disney.

ChurroGirl
09-07-2008, 07:32 PM
When you say little girl how little was she? Under 30 I would have complained.

UNDER 10! forsure! We were so shocked more at the mom than at the daughters T-shirt. The mom is pretty much to a "T" of what we are discussing right now! Clevage up(or down) the wazzoo and tiny shorts

When we go to the parks we always dress for comfort. Jeans, running shoes, and Plain Tshirts. Or we have our Disneyland and Dinsey shirts or Polos.

ScottC4746
09-07-2008, 07:35 PM
UNDER 10! forsure! We were so shocked more at the mom than at the daughters T-shirt. The mom is pretty much to a "T" of what we are discussing right now! Clevage up(or down) the wazzoo and tiny shorts

When we go to the parks we always dress for comfort. Jeans, running shoes, and Plain Tshirts. Or we have our Disneyland and Dinsey shirts or Polos.
I'm confused...the mom would rather dress like trash or dress respectably.
This is a touchy thread...go to www.cruisecritic.com and go to Royal Caribbean and look at the seething comments over the dress codes there.

ChurroGirl
09-07-2008, 07:37 PM
I dress respectably! The last part of my post was about me and My FDH! Silly.

The mom was so raunchy! Gross.

ScottC4746
09-07-2008, 07:45 PM
If I wanted to see trash dress I would go to Magic Mountain. See my post #16 where I said "That is what I was refering to in my first post. WOW!!! We knew how to dress then. I dress up for the Disney parks in homage and honor to "the man"...in honor and homage to Walt Disney."

Wobble
09-07-2008, 08:27 PM
I don't think it's fair to call people trash... because some people literally don't realize how they look, because they fool themselves into dressing that way - ie, they don't properly see what's in the mirror, so they can't see their butt hanging out (etc), they think it looks good. So I guess in a way, I feel bad and embarassed for them, rather than shocked.

That being said, I always do feel sad when I see small children dressed like teenagers. My sister is pregnant, so I've been looking at children's clothing a lot and it makes me sad that I used to wear Osh Kosh B'Gosh overalls and fleecies etc. as a child and now little girls are wearing short denim skirts and hip hugger jeans! I would probably mention anything really shocking on children. For adults, it's just too difficult to argue that it's inappropriate because they're an adult.

I guess I just don't expect people to dress to the nines at a theme park. Comfortable, of course. I wear tank tops and shorts during the summer - and yeah, my shorts are usually above the knee, but I make them myself so I judge the inseam pretty well. I wouldn't consider myself lewdly dressed, but my friends and I got reported to the police while doing a charity car wash for our tank tops and shorts! I don't consider that lewd or innappropriate, but clearly some people do. It's just a matter of perspective, so it's hard to enforce on an adult. That being said, seeing any type of personal piercing is definitely inappropriate. Short length is up for debate, at least for me.

lofosho
09-07-2008, 08:31 PM
That being said, I always do feel sad when I see small children dressed like teenagers. My sister is pregnant, so I've been looking at children's clothing a lot and it makes me sad that I used to wear Osh Kosh B'Gosh overalls and fleecies etc. as a child and now little girls are wearing short denim skirts and hip hugger jeans!

I was born in 88, so basically all my friends and I wore growing up were leggings and turtlenecks. We all look super weird in every picture. IF your were supercool, your leggings had stirrups, and your turtleneck buttoned under your crotch like a unitard. Most of the turtlenecks had seasonal prints. I have some great pictures of me wearing a halloween turtleneck in april. Classssssy.

tod
09-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Grown women with their unmentionables hanging out for the world to see, we are not at the Playboy Mansion, you can tuck them back in!

I'm not sure what you mean by "unmentionables" (in my day it meant lingerie) but I can tell you I have been to the Playboy Mansion several times and everybody was well-dressed and nobody had "their unmentionables hanging out for the world to see," no matter what you meant.

Two or three of those occasions were Playmate of the Year luncheons, where Playmates have a standing invitation to attend every year. I have seen dozens of Playmates at the Playboy Mansion, and they were all fully dressed.

Was it different when you went there?

--t

lofosho
09-07-2008, 09:28 PM
I think frankietwo was referring to events at the mansion like the Midsummer Night's Dream party, where the dress code is lingere.

tod
09-07-2008, 09:32 PM

She probably got it at Club Libby Lu.

--t