PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Restaurant and why

Pages : [1] 2

ScottC4746
09-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Some of these may be the obvious, but what is everyones Full Service Restaurant, "buffatria style" and fast food resturant and why. Must be in either DL or DCA.

Mine:
Full Service:
Blue Bayou --- ambiance, quiality. I love sitting near the railing facing the POTC.

"Buffateria Style":
Plaza Inn --- Food glorious food, ambiance and quality. I love sitting on the Main Street end facing the windows watching people go by.

Fast Food:
Undoubtably Hungry Bear Restaurant when I can sit on the lower level next to the water lapping at the edge.

sunnydalegirl
09-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Full Service:
Blue Bayou-the ambiance mostly, as a child I always wanted to eat there but we never could, so going there as an adult was a dream come true

"Buffateria Style":
Plaza Inn-our family always had a meal there on our visits (it was my parents' one meal splurge) and when I eat there now it brings up great childhood memories; I also love the food and it is just such a beautiful place, plus I love being right on Main Street

Fast Food:
Hungry Bear-it is so pretty by the river and the food is pretty good; Village Haus was my favorite as a child (just for the decor) but the last couple of times we ate there the food was so bad that we didn't even eat there on our last trip

potzbie
09-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Favorite memory related to food on the Disneyland property:

On a certain rainy morning, the hot chocolate and croissant sandwich from Baker's Field Bakery was so perfect!

That is the first memory which comes to mind, when I think, "What Disneyland food brings back the best memory?"

My other favorite food-based memory was listening to the swing music by the big bands in the Carnation Plaza, Saturday night, while eating BBQ chicken and BBQ ribs I got from a few feet down the "tunnel" at Rancho Del Zocalo.

What a perfect way to spend a Saturday night!

So, my favorites are:
• BAKER'S FIELD BAKERY
• RANCHO DEL ZOCALO

While I sat and ate, I thought even then, "Boy, this is as good as it gets!"
:):):)

Mrs Mouse
09-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Full service: Cafe Orleans. Nothing beats eating a leisurely lunch outside, overlooking NOS and the Rivers of America. It's just gorgeous and the ambience can't be beat. The food is just delicious, too.

Buffeteria: The Plaza. We eat here numerous times during our trips, again for the ambience. Plus, they have a fantastic selection, the food is great and the portions are huge. Can't beat a Plaza chicken dinner, that's for sure.

Fast Food: Taste Pilot's Grill (good burgers, terrific toppings bar), Bengal BBQ (skewers are delicious and a nice departure from regular park fare) and Coca-Cola Refreshment Corner (a trip is not a trip without a jalepeno cheese pretzel).

ChurroGirl
09-05-2008, 03:49 PM
I LOVE the food! at Disneyland. Cant ever get enough. I am good all year with what I eat and when I am at Disneyland, I eat pretty much whatever I want!

Full Service: The Blue Bayou. I always wanted to eat there as a kid and it was always to much for our family of 7 to eat there. But now as an adult my FDH and I have to make PS's for each of our stays. I cant wait for December to come because we have 3 PS's to eat there!

Buffeteria: Plaza Inn breakfasts. We have yet to do lunch or dinner but will get it in soon! The Minnie Character breakfasts are always so fun, the food is the best thing to get you going, and you cant beat Cpt Hook giving you a hug first thing in the morning!

Fast Food: The Hungry Bear, you eat a great burger, feed some ducks, wave to more friends floating along on Mark Twain, and then walk over and get on Splash Mountain. You cant compare!

Malcon10t
09-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Full Service - Cafe Orleans - Love having a pirate visit during our meal.
Buffeteria - Pizza Port
Fastfood - Hungry Bear - Like sitting back and relaxing watching the ships go by!

Character meal - Goofy's (ok I added a group.)

Mrs Mouse
09-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Character meal - Goofy's (ok I added a group.)

I'll second this! By far our favorite character meal - we prefer breakfast, but I've heard great things about dinner, too.

lofosho
09-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Slightly off topic question: When we were celebrating my parents Anniversary at the Blue Bayou last weekend, there was a family sitting next to us who's meals were in packages like a TV dinner comes in. My mom said they were probably kosher meals. Has anyone heard of this?

Favorite: The lasagna at the Trattoria in DCA, and the ceasar salad at the cafe orleans!

Iceman
09-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Nothing comes close to Napa Rose, but as far as in the parks I'd have to say The Vineyard Room (although it has now closed). While the service usually left a LOT to be desired, the food was great and the ambiance was unbeatable. My 4 year-old daughter LOVED to eat there and then watch the electrical parade from the railing, while my wife and I finished dessert and apertifs. I will miss that place a lot, because it offered a refuge from the mundane that nowhere else in the parks offered.

King Leonidas
09-05-2008, 07:41 PM
1. Blue Bayou - For most of the reasons listed by others. Nothing comes close to the atmosphere of this restaurant.

2. The French Market - Love the food!

3. Hungry Bear - We like to sit on the top floor watching the activity on the river. Along with watching the cats roam around between peoples' chairs

Foodie
09-05-2008, 09:33 PM
For me, it all depends on my mood and what sort of food I'm hungry for. I discovered the Pacific Wharf this last trip and fell in love with the salads in bread bowls. Wow, were they nummy! I usually don't eat at the full service restaurants because they're so expensive and I usually have problems finding dairy-friendly food on the menus. Gosh, it's too hard to decide, it's all good!

-Foodie :D

Gone2Disneyland
09-05-2008, 10:24 PM
This thread made me realize I really haven't tried all that many places on property, because the ones on my list are the ones I only usually go to for eats.

Full Service:
Carnation Café --- Great breakfast and, if we're lucky, we get seated in Bob's section; he knows us by name now. I would've said Café Orleans save for the fact that it's been a long while since I made it back there for dinner.

"Buffateria Style":
Taste Pilot's Grill/Redd Rockett's Pizza Port (tie) --- Sorry, but it depends on what I'm in the mood for. TPG has the best ribs I've found in the parks. But if I'm not in a ribs mood, I'm for the pasta at the Pizza Port all the way.

Fast Food:
The Little Red Wagon --- Corn dogs on Main Street, USA. (You can get a burger anywhere!)

And Goofy's Kitchen is the only place I frequent that's a character meal, breakfast or dinner, because it's fun and great food.

Bytebear
09-05-2008, 11:16 PM
I like Rancho del Zocolo. Good priced Mexican food, great atmosphere, and they have refillable soda, including Coke Zero on tap. Yea!

jMom
09-06-2008, 07:49 AM
Full Service:
Carnation Cafe. Took me a while to try it, but once I did, I loved how I could sit down & relax in a quiet corner just off Main St. Great for group breakfasts, dinner & parade break, or catching a breather when I go there with my daughter. I like the chicken pot pie, and last time tried the twice-baked potato soup & sandwich combo -- yum!
(If I am on a trip with my just my daughter, Ariel's Grotto wins)

"Buffateria Style":
Riverbelle Terrace -- the older version that had real dishes & silverware (and bigger portions). Love, love, LOVE eating brekky and watching ROA after hitting the park early. Great for people watching. I am thinking I need to try the Plaza Inn.

Fast Food:
I'd like to say Bengal BBQ, but it's not really that fast :p -- the Red Wagon corn dogs are good too. If it's off-hours, Tomorrowland Terrace.

I'd really liked to have said Club 33 for fine dining, but I haven't been there (yet) :~D

Jeffreaky
09-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Then I'll say it. Club 33 all the way. Best food in the parks. Been many times for lunch and dinner. And when it's your Birthday you get this amazing chocolate Mickey Mouse with your desert with Happy Birthday written in chocolate on the side of your plate.

californiagirlx7
09-07-2008, 12:56 AM
Full Service - Carnation Cafe i guess. I have only been there once but I thought it was good. We usually don't go the full-service restaurants in DL. My family thought Blue Bayou was overhyped and over-priced (sorry to offend any fans out there), the only thing I liked was the ambience (and I guess the dessert was ok too).
Buffeteria - Pizza Port. Is River Belle Terrace considered a buffeteria? I love that place too, we always go there for breakfast.
Fastfood - Stage Door Cafe - love the mozzarella strips & chicken strips. and Village Haus are good too.

Character meal - Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast.

Not crazy about the food in DCA...I usually just eat the ice cream. :D

californiagirlx7
09-07-2008, 01:38 AM
Sorry I ran out of time to edit my last post so I just thought I would add a couple more things...

I just remembered that the only time I had been to Carnation Cafe was in 2001, when I was 12. I ordered the make-your-own PB&J, which was so fun but I'm not sure if they would let order off the kids' menu anymore (I still do that from time to time at other restaurants :D , sorry if that upsets any waiters or waitresses but we still tip pretty well). I would really like to try Cafe Orleans and sample the Three-Cheese Monte Cristo, if that's still there.

I also really like Naples and Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney, as well as The Storyteller's Cafe and White Water Snacks at the Grand Californian Hotel.

BJW
09-07-2008, 02:51 AM
Full:
Blue Bayou
Rainforest

Buffeteria:
Red Rockets (best variety)

MrsPooh
09-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Then I'll say it. Club 33 all the way. Best food in the parks.

:D

My mind didn't even go there, but you're right! ;)

lofosho
09-08-2008, 09:22 AM
Then I'll say it. Club 33 all the way. Best food in the parks. Been many times for lunch and dinner. And when it's your Birthday you get this amazing chocolate Mickey Mouse with your desert with Happy Birthday written in chocolate on the side of your plate.

Don't tease us! :p

dznyphreak
09-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Full service: Ariel's Grotto
Buffeteria: R2P2
Fast Food: Bengal BBQ

So, I think Ariel's Grotto might be the only full-service restaurant I've been to at the parks. (Please don't hate me) While I have been to Club 33, I must say the entrees didn't impress me, but the appetizer bar and dessert bar did. So Ariel's Grotto wins for best overall meal. French Onion soup is delicious, and where else do you get cotton candy as an after-dinner mint?

R2P2 is always a safe bet for my group. We can all find something we like there, and there's almost always open tables somewhere.

Do I even need to explain Bengal BBQ? It tastes great, and two skewers is just enough to make you full, but not overly full. Banyan Beef all the way! :D

pinkpiglet
09-08-2008, 03:26 PM
bar did. So Ariel's Grotto wins for best overall meal. French Onion soup is delicious, and where else do you get cotton candy as an after-dinner mint?

Did they bring that back?! Last time I had a meal there (last October) we were looking forward to the "Sea Foam" and when it didn't appear, we asked -- the CM said it was gone thanks to that healthy meal initiative where they revamped all the menus ... :crying:

dznyphreak
09-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Wow. I don't really know. Guess I haven't been there in awhile.

californiagirlx7
09-08-2008, 09:48 PM
what's R2P2?

Malcon10t
09-08-2008, 09:52 PM
what's R2P2?Redd Rockets Pizza Port.