PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Rod in DCA

Ralph Wiggum
07-05-2001, 03:20 PM
This is nothing new. Its already been posted that the rocket rod was in DCA, I just found a picture of it at this website I frequent.

http://www.westcoaster.net/update.php?id=75011

Hopefully our Mouseplanet source will let us in on why its here.

JRob2k1
07-05-2001, 03:34 PM
This story has been all over lately. Im sure it will turn out to be nothing, but it really makes you think..."what is going on??"

Maybe it's a funny joke by the Imagineers, who knows?

-JRob

Matterhorn Fan
07-05-2001, 05:57 PM
Can you sit in it and have someone take a photo of you (like the car outside of Mr. Toad)?

Ralph Wiggum
07-09-2001, 12:52 PM
No its blocked off...

The following was posted in another thread but is more appropriate here:

>

I asked a cast member on Friday about the rod With a very suspicious tone they said "it's just a prop to fit in the Hollywood area." I guess that could be the true story but it really is a stretch. Its not from a movie. Maybe they are going to create a Museum(Graveyard) for the old disneyland rides. I know they have a bunch of them backstage at Disneyland. That would be cool, but still a stretch.

BTW...has anyone looked at that futuristic mural thing behind where the rocket rod is(to the left of Hollywood and Dine). Its pretty cool looking and some of the signs are pretty funny. I dont know how necessary the dining area is right in front of that. Maybe thats where they will display the Graveyard.

or even better, maybe they will rig it so that you put in a quarter(prob more like 3 bucks) and it will swing back and forward like outside of Ralphs(the grocery store)(man i like to use these brackets):D ;) :p
>

JRob2k1
07-09-2001, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Ralph Wiggum
or even better, maybe they will rig it so that you put in a quarter(prob more like 3 bucks) and it will swing back and forward like outside of Ralphs(the grocery store)(man i like to use these brackets):D ;) :p
>

Ha, that's a great idea...

Cant you see all the little kids, "look mommy Im riding a rocket rod, wheeee!" All those kids that were too short too ride it way back then can now take a "spin."

-JRob

P.S. Love the new avatar Ralph

Mandrake Linux
07-09-2001, 05:13 PM
In my opinion, that Rocket Rod is the only quality-made object in all of DCA. And for Disneyland, it's trash. I still love the Rods though.

Alex S.
07-09-2001, 06:49 PM
It is used as a prop in one of the new shows in Hollywood. The one that remains unnamed (the one that Al and Sue Kruse really, REALLY liked).

Ralph Wiggum
07-09-2001, 07:14 PM
THANK YOU!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

Napsto
07-09-2001, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Alex Stroup
It is used as a prop in one of the new shows in Hollywood. The one that remains unnamed (the one that Al and Sue Kruse really, REALLY liked).

that 's the big suprise.

my frriend said why would they put a symbol of failure (rod) in a park that is not doing good (YET).

Mandrake Linux
07-09-2001, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Napsto

that 's the big suprise.

my frriend said why would they put a symbol of failure (rod) in a park that is not doing good (YET).

And never will. :mad:

A rod is not a symbol of failure. The Rocket Rods were a success, its the way they were harmonized with the track that made the ATTRACTION a failure, not the rod.

AVP
07-10-2001, 09:50 AM
You mean there's a real reason for the Rod to be in Hollywood?

I just thought it was one less to sell on Disney Auctions.

Adrienne VP

Lacrosse Boy
07-10-2001, 12:51 PM
http://www.rocketrods.8m.com

The Officially Unofficial Rocket Rod Website.

Uncle Dick
02-28-2002, 08:19 PM
The Rocket Rod has been gone for some time now. It's too bad. I always thought the rods looked kind of cool, even if the attraction itself was a failure. Anyone know exactly when and where it was moved?

Nigel2
02-28-2002, 09:00 PM
Interesting they got rid of that display RR in front of Hollywood and Dine (I must not be paying atention over there)? Well it probably had 1 of 2 fates, 1 it went to the archives or 2 it was demolished like the rest of the RR.