PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Food Question

ScottC4746
09-04-2008, 04:24 AM
I made a visit during December last year and was very saddened that they get you in this Christmas mood, but you cannot find Turkey dinners with all the trimmings. Did I miss something?

yellowrosedtxn
09-04-2008, 05:38 AM
I can't remember where on this board I saw the menus for the Christmas time frame, because like you, I wanted a traditional kind of meal at Christmas time for my family. Well I know we had dinner at Story Tellers at the Grand Californian hotel and it was a buffet. I believe they had the traditional turkey and trimmings plus so much more. It was like 25.00 or 30.00 per person, but it was worth it because we were staying at that hotel during that time period.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, or even put in the link. I did a search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

AVP
09-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Plaza Inn and French Market usually offer a full turkey dinner on Thanksgiving and Christmas days, as does Storytellers and Goofy's Kitchen.

AVP

ScottC4746
09-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Plaza Inn and French Market usually offer a full turkey dinner on Thanksgiving and Christmas days, as does Storytellers and Goofy's Kitchen.

AVP
But the parks serve it ONLY on the holiday itself. Oh well, there is always the Turkey Leg Cart.

Andrew
09-04-2008, 10:04 AM
I would go over to Mimi's. I believe this is something that's always on the menu there.

Malcon10t
09-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Right, it is only on the holiday, and I don't think there is much call for it otherwise.

We did Goofy's on Christmas night for dinner. EXCELLENT.

DisneyFanKat
09-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Sorry for being a little off-topic (and I know this has gotta be covered in another thread I'm SURE) - but how crowded is DL on Thanksgiving or Christmas day? Never been on the actual day...

My family does a big group trip (around 24 of us usually) every other year around mid-December. We call it "cousin's day" - even though it's cousins, aunts, uncles, grandma, significant others... :) anyway - we have done dinner at the Plaza Inn, or sometimes just get a sandwich and plant ourselves in front of the castle for fireworks...

I'd think they'd still do well selling the "traditional" turkey dinners for the weeks before and after the holidays - but it's also something that would make going on those particular days just that more special. :D

Wobble
09-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Sorry for being a little off-topic (and I know this has gotta be covered in another thread I'm SURE) - but how crowded is DL on Thanksgiving or Christmas day? Never been on the actual day...

My family does a big group trip (around 24 of us usually) every other year around mid-December. We call it "cousin's day" - even though it's cousins, aunts, uncles, grandma, significant others... :) anyway - we have done dinner at the Plaza Inn, or sometimes just get a sandwich and plant ourselves in front of the castle for fireworks...

I'd think they'd still do well selling the "traditional" turkey dinners for the weeks before and after the holidays - but it's also something that would make going on those particular days just that more special. :D

From what I've heard, VERY crowded.

Malcon10t
09-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Sorry for being a little off-topic (and I know this has gotta be covered in another thread I'm SURE) - but how crowded is DL on Thanksgiving or Christmas day? Never been on the actual day...We go every year for Christmas. Turnstiles usually close in the afternoon for a couple hours. So, that means it is VERY crowded. During the turnstile closure, if you get locked out, you can go to DCA til the park reopens, usually after the afternoon parade.

ScottC4746
09-04-2008, 03:21 PM

That makes sense since Disney is all about the special place.