PDA

View Full Version : The Harbour Galley, will we get the old one back?

BJW
09-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Now that McDonalds is out, I would like to see the old Harbour Galley menu back. You know, the one that had Calamari Strips, Clams, and different varieties of seafood with cajun dipping sauces. This used to be one of my favorite places to relax by the river at DLR and munch on some seafood. I was so mad when they moved McD's fries in its place. Anyone know if there's any chance we'll get the good seafood back?

Andrew
09-03-2008, 07:18 PM
Mmm, curly fries. It would be nice, but I suspect with the "healthy foods initiative" in place we'll end up with a fruit stand.

jonesin4Dland
09-03-2008, 07:32 PM
I move that fried seafood and curly fries be considered healthy food!:D

ChurroGirl
09-03-2008, 08:35 PM
I totally second motion the seafood and curly fries!

maybe with some chocolate apples with caramel dipping sauce too...:p

BJW
09-03-2008, 09:53 PM
When you think about it, it makes sense. This is the area that bridges the gap between New Orleans Square and Critter Country, and is right on the water by the boat dock. It only makes sense to have seafood with cajun sauce. The curly fries and chocolate apples with caramel sauce sounds good too. Besides, there's already a fruit stand near the canoe line.

foolishmortal
09-03-2008, 10:09 PM
I totally second motion the seafood and curly fries!

maybe with some chocolate apples with caramel dipping sauce too...:p

All in favor say AYE!

anyone opposed???? NOPE ! the Ayes have it!:p;)

seafood and apple dip for everyone!

cstephens
09-03-2008, 11:26 PM
Now that McDonalds is out, I would like to see the old Harbour Galley menu back. You know, the one that had Calamari Strips, Clams, and different varieties of seafood with cajun dipping sauces. This used to be one of my favorite places to relax by the river at DLR and munch on some seafood. I was so mad when they moved McD's fries in its place. Anyone know if there's any chance we'll get the good seafood back?

The problem even if they decided to bring that stuff back is whether they'd actually open the place on a regular basis, which they didn't before. We used to be so excited when we'd look across the Rivers of America (from about the boats dock) and see the window open. We'd run to buy food from there rather than wherever we had planned to eat from.

TTFN92
09-04-2008, 07:07 AM
It would be nice, but I suspect with the "healthy foods initiative" in place we'll end up with a fruit stand.

It better not be. I am so tired of all this "healthy" stuff being thrown at us. When I am on vacation I want something that is yummy and fattening and bad for me :p. I can eat healthy at home. Vacation is for fun! :D

yellowrosedtxn
09-04-2008, 08:14 AM
It better not be. I am so tired of all this "healthy" stuff being thrown at us. When I am on vacation I want something that is yummy and fattening and bad for me :p. I can eat healthy at home. Vacation is for fun! :D

You know what I think? If I want to eat something fattening and not healthy for me while I am on vacation, then I should have that choice. I like that I can get fruit at some stands around the resort. Or if I want to choose the curly fries (with chili or whatever on top of it), I should have that choice as well. We'll have to see what they bring in though.

houseofmouse
09-04-2008, 08:22 AM
Mmm, curly fries. It would be nice, but I suspect with the "healthy foods initiative" in place we'll end up with a fruit stand.

There is already a fruit stand down the ways a bit from Harbour Gallery that sells chips, drinks and fresh fruit. So either they would take that away or most likely something else will go in it's place. My vote? Hmmmm... I don't like fish but how about ice cream or soft serve. There isn't any of that back there.:)

missindland
09-04-2008, 10:24 AM
I think I read that a build your own burger place is planned for Harbour Gallery (off the waltdisneyboard). I will try to find the article and post it.

:confused:

missindland
09-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Oops, here's a snippit of the article. I took the article as this burger place will replace the spots in the park.

An upscale "build your own burger" franchise will open at Town Center Corte Madera next year.

The Counter will replace McDonald's, a Town Center tenant for 22 years.
:confused::confused:

Andrew
09-04-2008, 10:38 AM
The Counter will replace McDonald's, a Town Center tenant for 22 years.
:confused::confused:
I think that refers to The Counter (http://www.thecounterburger.com/), a chain of "upscale" burger restaurants. It's not something that would go into a space the size of the Harbor Galley, even if Disney was to bring them in at all.