PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion question

dlfansx4
09-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Hopefully someone can help with this. Did the track for the Haunted Mansion change at some point? I seem to remember that many, many years ago, the ride used to go past the ballroom scene on the top level first and then at some point, loop around and go past it again on floor level. But I have looked online and cannot find any reference to this. For some reason, it seems like the spot where the three ghosts are standing together at the end was where the doom buggies used to come out from the lower level.

Does anyone know if the track has been changed since the ride first opened?
Thanks.

dlfansx4
09-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Opps - sorry. I forgot that I was in trip planning when I posted this. Can you please move it to the correct place.

tod
09-03-2008, 12:10 PM
It hasn't. I've been riding it since it opened in 1969 (I was 17 at the time) and I never saw the ballroom twice.

--t

Bytebear
09-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Nope, and in fact, going to the lower level would be impossible, or you would be riding where the ghostly animatonics live.

dlfansx4
09-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the confirmation. I figured I was mistaken since I couldn't find anything about it online. I knew this was the best place to ask...to find out for sure :)

dznyphreak
09-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Nope, and in fact, going to the lower level would be impossible, or you would be riding where the ghostly animatonics live.
Slightly off-topic, but did you know that those ghosts are dancing backwards? The women are leading the men. Just another tidbit with which to impress your friends. :)

ScottC4746
09-05-2008, 05:01 AM
I had heard about that one. Because the effect is done by ... er ... secret secret secret whisper whisper whisper secret secret secret ... and that is why the ladies are leading the men in the waltz.

ScottC4746
09-05-2008, 05:03 AM
Hopefully someone can help with this. Did the track for the Haunted Mansion change at some point? I seem to remember that many, many years ago, the ride used to go past the ballroom scene on the top level first and then at some point, loop around and go past it again on floor level. But I have looked online and cannot find any reference to this. For some reason, it seems like the spot where the three ghosts are standing together at the end was where the doom buggies used to come out from the lower level.

Does anyone know if the track has been changed since the ride first opened?
Thanks.
I have been thinking about this one and while it has been 16 years since I've been, I think in WDW you go by on two different levels, but DL since I first started going 18 years ago, it has always been the once by.

stan4d_steph
09-05-2008, 05:54 AM
I have been thinking about this one and while it has been 16 years since I've been, I think in WDW you go by on two different levels, but DL since I first started going 18 years ago, it has always been the once by.No, the ballroom at WDW is the same as at DL. You only go by on the upper level.

dlfansx4
09-05-2008, 03:11 PM
I have been thinking about this one and while it has been 16 years since I've been, I think in WDW you go by on two different levels, but DL since I first started going 18 years ago, it has always been the once by.

I have yet to be able to visit WDW :-( so I know I couldn't have confused it with that on anyway. It was just one of those weird memories of visiting Disneyland as a kid (shhhh, talking 30 years ago now) that I couldn't confirm. But I trust Tod's memory better on this one. :-) I also found an article online that said that said HM has remained virtually unchanged since its opening. I figure a track change like that would certainly be considered a big change, LOL.
Thanks again for the help :-)

ScottC4746
09-05-2008, 06:30 PM
I have yet to be able to visit WDW :-( so I know I couldn't have confused it with that on anyway. It was just one of those weird memories of visiting Disneyland as a kid (shhhh, talking 30 years ago now) that I couldn't confirm. But I trust Tod's memory better on this one. :-) I also found an article online that said that said HM has remained virtually unchanged since its opening. I figure a track change like that would certainly be considered a big change, LOL.
Thanks again for the help :-)
Except Halloween. They do a wonderful Nightmare Before Christmas thought the mansion and feels like a whole new ride.

ChurroGirl
09-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Also if you want, GOOGLE it! Great pics of the Halloween/Christmas overlay!

cstephens
09-05-2008, 09:06 PM
I also found an article online that said that said HM has remained virtually unchanged since its opening.

Except for the attic.

ScottC4746
09-05-2008, 09:32 PM
I just spent some time going to Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland Paris this evening and did not spend a dime. I went to Youtube.com and did a search on haunted mansion. There you will find videos of DL, WDW and TDL. The latter I had to pick myself up off the floor from laughing so hard. I am not used to hearing the speal in Japanese. Just remember for Disneyland Paris you must do a seach on Phantom Manor. There's is more of a Western Mining Town. Aparently it comes in two versions, English, and French.
Tokyo Disneyland has out of the four ques (DL, WDW, TDL, and DP) the most beautiful outside area very lush and green.

dlfansx4
09-09-2008, 12:08 PM
I just spent some time going to Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland Paris this evening and did not spend a dime. I went to Youtube.com and did a search on haunted mansion. There you will find videos of DL, WDW and TDL. The latter I had to pick myself up off the floor from laughing so hard. I am not used to hearing the speal in Japanese. Just remember for Disneyland Paris you must do a seach on Phantom Manor. There's is more of a Western Mining Town. Aparently it comes in two versions, English, and French.
Tokyo Disneyland has out of the four ques (DL, WDW, TDL, and DP) the most beautiful outside area very lush and green.

I was also fascinated by the different versions of the HM when I was doing my research. I didn't think to check youtube though. I will have to check that one out (for the Japanese version) :-)

MiaTurner
09-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Except for the attic.

Am I the only one who misses the old attic bride? :crying: Or in fact thinks that Constance has caused a huge gap in the story the mansion once had? :eek:

Bytebear
09-09-2008, 03:01 PM
I miss the old bride. She seemed so sad, and the new bride is so mean. But was there really a story before? I thought it was just a series of random effects. (not counting the Eddie Murphy movie as canon)

ScottC4746
09-09-2008, 03:22 PM
I miss the old bride. She seemed so sad, and the new bride is so mean. But was there really a story before? I thought it was just a series of random effects. (not counting the Eddie Murphy movie as canon)
My understanding is only in Disneyland Paris does Phantom Manor have a plot. I may be wrong. I really don't recall a true plot at the American DL.

leota's necklace
09-09-2008, 05:29 PM
This is correct. Phantom Manor has a plot, the Haunted Mansion is a series of vignettes, partly because of the disparate styles of the Imagineers who designed it.

MiaTurner
09-09-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm referring more to the general stories the cast members have accepted for the ride.

leota's necklace
09-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Then I'm sure they will embellish to work Constance in to the folklore.

MiaTurner
09-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Then I'm sure they will embellish to work Constance in to the folklore.

Oh, they have ;) I'm very attached to the old story is all.

Heffalump
09-11-2008, 02:58 PM
I don't ever remeber it being different.