PDA

View Full Version : Selling Fastpasses?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

disneyland addict13
09-02-2008, 07:02 PM
My mom and I were in Disneyland yesterday (Labor Day) at the end of our long-weekend trip. We were exiting Space Mountain around 10:30 or 11 AM and passed a man holding a handful of Fastpasses. As a couple walked by him, he stopped them and after explaining that a Fastpass would get them onto the ride faster, proceeded to sell them 2 Fastpasses for $5 each. The man who had sold the Fastpasses hurried off, but he obviously had a huge handful of Fastpasses that he intended to sell to other unsuspecting guests.

The couple had moved into a huge crowd of people before we could inform them that Fastpasses were included with their park admission. My mom and I were both disgusted with what this man was doing and neither of us had ever heard of this happening before.

Has anyone here seen or heard of this happening? What are your opinions on what happened? Thank you for any and all feedback.

petesimac
09-02-2008, 07:07 PM
If you were close enough to hear this transaction, you or your mom should have interrupted immediately. Failing this, you or your mom should have contacted a CM and given a description of the individual. I understand about not wanting to get involved, but something should have been done on the spot. Sorry to be so harsh, but this kind of thing really bothers me; and because it happened once, it probably has happened more than once.

Chadsgal
09-02-2008, 07:14 PM
WHAT!!!!!! That is disgusting!!! If we have left over fastpasses we always just give them away but we always have to explain that they can use them after the return time.

Malcon10t
09-02-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm curious how they had a large handful of fastpasses, as from 830-11, realistically, the most he could have collected would have been about 5. I am wondering if they were old ones, and people are getting scammed.

MickeyM00C0w
09-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Ahh, another reason to lose faith in humanity.

As petesimac said, if you ever see this again, just tell a CM, preferably the one at the fast pass collection station. Then they'll know to keep a sharp eye for it and can hopefully contact the information board to have them spread the word.

kiowa
09-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Capitalism at its finest!!!

disneyland addict13
09-02-2008, 09:02 PM
I forgot to mention that my mom did report it to a nearby CM and gave a description of the man. I wasn't with her at the time so I'm not sure what exactly the CM said back.

lofosho
09-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Jeez, that's disgusting. If anyone ever sees that they should do something about it immediately. It sucks that there are people in the world who would do something like this to try and take advantage of people, especially in a place like disneyland. We always give our fastpasses away before we leave, and I don't really have a problem with that, but selling them?

PanFan
09-03-2008, 09:08 AM
That's something that, if security were to catch them, could get them kicked out of the park. Give a good description to any CM (preferably a security guard, or if none is around, one who has access to a phone and can call security). Definitely not cool!

CV12Pirate
09-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Take a picture of the scumbag. Everybody has a cell phone that takes pictures. Show his picture to security.

Burnt Toast
09-03-2008, 09:58 AM
My mom and I were in Disneyland yesterday (Labor Day) at the end of our long-weekend trip. We were exiting Space Mountain around 10:30 or 11 AM and passed a man holding a handful of Fastpasses. As a couple walked by him, he stopped them and after explaining that a Fastpass would get them onto the ride faster, proceeded to sell them 2 Fastpasses for $5 each. The man who had sold the Fastpasses hurried off, but he obviously had a huge handful of Fastpasses that he intended to sell to other unsuspecting guests.

The couple had moved into a huge crowd of people before we could inform them that Fastpasses were included with their park admission. My mom and I were both disgusted with what this man was doing and neither of us had ever heard of this happening before.

Has anyone here seen or heard of this happening? What are your opinions on what happened? Thank you for any and all feedback.

... and you let this guy get away with it. Grats! Attempting to tell the couple, before they "moved into a huge crowd of people", is fine and all... but you should have gone after the root of the problem.

I agree with the last poster... most all cell phones have cameras, should have taken a picture of the guy.

Crazy4DL
09-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Sometimes it is hard to think/react fast enough when you are startled by someone's behaviour. Hindsight and all . . .

Selling fastpasses is falling pretty darn low! ugh!

cstephens
09-03-2008, 10:05 AM
... and you let this guy get away with it. Grats!

I think it's totally unnecessary to try to make that person feel guilty for not chasing down the person. The person already said the one selling them was hurrying off in a crowd. The person who witnessed the incident was not at fault - the person selling the Fastpasses was.

Tan Da Man
09-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Disneyland Scalper..YES!

Bytebear
09-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Disneyland Scalper..YES!

Many new employees have been fired for selling their day passes in the esplanade.

mckygirl99
09-03-2008, 06:28 PM
I think it's totally unnecessary to try to make that person feel guilty for not chasing down the person. The person already said the one selling them was hurrying off in a crowd. The person who witnessed the incident was not at fault - the person selling the Fastpasses was.

I have to agree here. If this guy is scum enough to sell the passes I don't he would really care if someone went up to him and told him what he was doing was really wrong. I think he knows already. What the OP's mom did was correct. It's best to tell a CM and let them handle it.

I have given away FPs and have been given them too. What goes around comes around!

BJW
09-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Many new employees have been fired for selling their day passes in the esplanade.

Ya, this was always one of my pet peaves. I got stopped three times on my way from the garage to the esplanade by employees offering to sign me in for 50% off. A member of my group that wasn't an AP almost fell for it, until I explained to him that he couldn't use FP in the park.

Tan Da Man
09-03-2008, 07:20 PM
This is capitalism at its finest..I dont blame the guy for trying to help pay for his trip

I personally would never do it because its a waste of time at Disneyland, but I guess I dont think its as big a crime as all of you

leota's necklace
09-03-2008, 07:39 PM
This is capitalism at its finest..I dont blame the guy for trying to help pay for his trip

I personally would never do it because its a waste of time at Disneyland, but I guess I dont think its as big a crime as all of you

This is not "capitalism at its finest", unless you consider the finest point of capitalism to be the practice of preying on the simply ignorant.

People are bewildered at DL and many do not understand the FP system until someone actually takes them by the hand and shows them. Someone exploiting this weakness for his own gain is disgusting.

Tan Da Man
09-03-2008, 07:42 PM
You have no idea that these people didnt understand the fastpass system, they could of just wanted an extra fastpass

leota's necklace
09-03-2008, 07:45 PM
You have no idea that these people didnt understand the fastpass system, they could of just wanted an extra fastpass

Wrong.

From the original post:

We were exiting Space Mountain around 10:30 or 11 AM and passed a man holding a handful of Fastpasses. As a couple walked by him, he stopped them and after explaining that a Fastpass would get them onto the ride faster, proceeded to sell them 2 Fastpasses for $5 each.

To clarify:
10:30 in the morning, there are probably still FP's available; and he had to explain what they were (leaving out the part about them being free to anyone) to get them to buy the FP's.

Tan Da Man
09-03-2008, 07:49 PM
That tells you nothing at all, except that he didnt lie to them..if they had asked if they were free to anyone and then proceeded to tell them no, then yea that would be wrong. He didnt make them buy them, and I seriously doubt whoever "overheard" this conversation caught every little detail.

Your "clarification" is just a whole bunch of assumptions

leota's necklace
09-03-2008, 07:51 PM
I'm really surprised you are willing to cut so much slack for someone who is committing fraud.

Tan Da Man
09-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Im not cutting him slack at all...I just have no problem with him selling them if the people know what theyre buying. Everyone else is acting like he beat and robbed the people

TTFN92
09-03-2008, 08:49 PM
People are bewildered at DL and many do not understand the FP system until someone actually takes them by the hand and shows them. Someone exploiting this weakness for his own gain is disgusting.

I totally agree with this. When we went to WDW last year, my DSD and her DH went with us. They didn't hang out with us (her DH-now ex-didn't like us so they spent the token 1/2 hr. a day w/ us after we paid for their airfare and hotel :rolleyes:) so we had no idea they didn't know what FP was. On the last night they mentioned something about a line being long. We asked them why they didn't get a FP for it and they told us that they didn't really know what it was. They figured it was something you had to pay for. So, the whole week they had never used a FP and stood in the stand-by line for everything. What a bummer. But, if they'd have spent a little more time with us, and actually went on a ride with us, they would have found that out :p.