PDA

View Full Version : So, we get Maliboomer for 3 more years?

tHeDiSnEyKiD
09-01-2008, 07:39 PM
2011 start date? I think the ride is fine and will last another 3 years. I wish it had more theme to it and actually had more than 1 lift working, but whatevs!

houseofmouse
09-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Where is your info from? We were told by three CM's in July Maliboomer was going for sure next year. Do tell, my DD loves that ride.

h_lehmann
09-01-2008, 09:34 PM
2011 start date? I think the ride is fine and will last another 3 years. I wish it had more theme to it and actually had more than 1 lift working, but whatevs! There were 2 lifts running today with guests, another running with empty seats, while I was there (my son and his friend took a ride, I refused.) The wait time, however, was zero, even on a reasonably busy (but not crowded) day. It looks like this attraction just doesn't pull in very many guests; I can certainly see why the park may want to get rid of it.

Malcon10t
09-01-2008, 09:37 PM
When we were there 2 weeks ago, the wait was about 20 minutes. In the evenings they were only running 1, but during the afternoon I saw all 3 running.

tHeDiSnEyKiD
09-01-2008, 10:41 PM
I think it's on Micechat. They have a california adventure status update of everything in the park. It used to say, start date late 2008, completion by 2009...then today it said begins 2011, completes late 2011

tHeDiSnEyKiD
09-01-2008, 10:43 PM
oh, and the Soarin' over the World seems so amazing. Let's hope its true and they don't [mess] with the music.

Darkbeer
09-02-2008, 06:06 AM
I beleive that also Blue Sky Disney reported the later removal date.

houseofmouse
09-02-2008, 07:08 AM
Info not on Miceage but found this on BlueSky.
As everything keeps changing, one thing that has bothered Disney Fans all along will finally go down in 2011... Malibooomer. That's right, it's not leaving next year as some have thought. It's going to be one of the last things removed before construction finishes on this phase of the resort.

I am interested to see if that really happens or not. How can so many people who work at the resort be so misinformed? We were also told Jumpin Jellyfish is on the chopping block.

pisces
09-02-2008, 07:59 AM
one thing that has bothered Disney Fans all along will finally go down in 2011... Malibooomer.

Not all Disney Fans are "bothered". I was really hoping Maliboomer would be granted a reprieve. It's the only thing I ever ride over that way.

I like it a lot better than Supreme Scream, and it reminds me of the old Parachutes at Knotts, but Maliboomer has better views !

I'm glad it's going to be staying, and with any luck, it won't be torn down at all.

houseofmouse
09-02-2008, 09:31 AM
I like it too, I was just quoting the website.
My DD was soooo excited when she was tall enough to ride! It is a fun thrill. We usually do single rider if the stand by is too long. I am sure it will go but when is not up to us. ;)

olegc
09-02-2008, 06:12 PM
I like it a lot better than Supreme Scream, and it reminds me of the old Parachutes at Knotts, but Maliboomer has better views !.

were you referencing Supreme Scream at Knott's, or California Screamin' at DCA?

kiki
09-03-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm glad its staying for a couple more years. All my cousins were so happy that they were all tall enough to ride it this summer, and was a little bummed out that they might not be able to ride it next summer.

I only wish it was staying permanently.

Darkbeer
09-03-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm glad its staying for a couple more years. All my cousins were so happy that they were all tall enough to ride it this summer, and was a little bummed out that they might not be able to ride it next summer.

I only wish it was staying permanently.

There is always Knott's, as Supreme Scream will still be around :fez:

tHeDiSnEyKiD
09-03-2008, 07:49 PM
i thought i'd add that a fun way to ride Maliboomer is instead of sitting there like a normal person where you just sit there and wait for launch, before you take off, just look straight up to the sky and keep ur head in that position, then when you launch, u feel like you're truly taking off on a rocket, like a real life Mission Mars ride...its amazing

Mrs Mouse
09-03-2008, 10:30 PM
i thought i'd add that a fun way to ride Maliboomer is instead of sitting there like a normal person where you just sit there and wait for launch, before you take off, just look straight up to the sky and keep ur head in that position, then when you launch, u feel like you're truly taking off on a rocket, like a real life Mission Mars ride...its amazing
Sounds vomit-inducing.

HisKid
09-04-2008, 06:46 AM

Sounds like The Goat Trick on steroids!

I have never successfully been able to get The Goat Trick to work for me though, so maybe this would?

houseofmouse
09-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Sounds painful if your neck jerks the wrong way. I like to make sure the buckle is not so tight against my stomach and before lift off you raise your arms straight out and also your feet so as you are shooting up, you lift out of your seat a bit. It's pretty cool. Which means of course most people who have to lose the death grip on the handles!! :p

rokketride
09-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Sounds painful if your neck jerks the wrong way. I like to make sure the buckle is not so tight against my stomach and before lift off you raise your arms straight out and also your feet so as you are shooting up, you lift out of your seat a bit. It's pretty cool. Which means of course most people who have to lose the death grip on the handles!! :p
Yeah, I always go for the loose approach. I cant convince anybody to not hold on for dear life.