PDA

View Full Version : Golden Dreams LAST Day is September 7th - OC Register

Pages : [1] 2

Darkbeer
08-30-2008, 08:53 PM
http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/2008/08/30/update-on-attractions-and-restaurants-closing-after-labor-day-in-disneyland-resort/#more-1354

The last performance of Golden Dreams for the public, an American dream film performance in Disney’s California Adventure, is Sept. 7. Disney announced back in fall that as part of sprucing up California Adventure, Golden Dreams will be replaced by a dark ride based on “The Little Mermaid.” So, if you want to see the show — show up by Sept. 7. Still, the theater will be open through the spring, but only to school kids as part of the Disney youth education program.

Foodie
08-30-2008, 09:28 PM
I am so sad!!! I don't know, maybe I'm the only one, but I loved Golden Dreams. I'm very sad to see this go...I know there are a lot of changes yet to come for DCA, and I really shouldn't grow too attached to anything there as they start their major revamping. Still, I'm gonna miss it...

-Foodie :crying:

MammaSilva
08-30-2008, 09:35 PM
You're not the only one, we didn't get there this last trip but it was on my want to do list...things just got in the way :( I'm sad it'll close before I'm back down to 'say goodbye'....I won't be laying flowers in front of it but I will miss it, it was a nice air conditioned break in the middle of the day.

oregontraveler
08-30-2008, 09:52 PM
I saw it twice on my last trip. Didn't know it would be closing so soon.
It is a shame too although I'm happy to see it replaced with a new dark ride.
:crying::crying::crying:

cstephens
08-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Here's hoping they don't decide to put Golden Screams in this year.

kingqueen 3princesses
08-31-2008, 06:51 AM
I always wanted to see this but somehow it never quite worked out. We won't be at the park until September 8th.:(

kisroo
08-31-2008, 09:42 AM
Here's hoping they don't decide to put Golden Screams in this year.

I'm pretty sure I saw Golden Screams on the Disney web page listed as part of the Halloween-time at DLR. I liked Golden Dreams the first time I saw it. Didn't feel like I needed to see it again. I am slightly interested in the Golden Screams but won't miss it if it's not there.

A "Little Mermaid" dark ride (sorry, attraction :p ) would be fun and could be something to liven up that side of the park. The only time we're really near that side is to walk from GRR to California Screamin' and to watch the ELP.

~kisroo:)

Mermaid
08-31-2008, 03:19 PM
I agree. I think the addition of the new Little Mermaid ride will really help that area. But, I only saw GD once and thought it was sorta cheesy. Although, we still remind each other not to "forget our dreams" when we leave places- so we got that from it!

Andrew
08-31-2008, 04:51 PM
I've somehow managed to avoid ever seeing this and now I guess I never will.

Say, how many times is the word "dreams" used in the attraction, anyway?
:~D

disney_leonard
08-31-2008, 07:47 PM
I hope they put it on a DVD.

PhiSigDuchessCV
08-31-2008, 08:22 PM
I liked this attraction. I liked that it showed both the bad and good sides to the creation of California and I loved the song at the end. I'll have to see if I can find the song on I-tunes if I can figure out the name of it.

californiagirlx7
08-31-2008, 08:52 PM
I never saw this show. We always thought about seeing it, but we never did. Oh well, I'm more excited about going on the Little Mermaid dark ride!

Foodie
08-31-2008, 09:06 PM
I second the dvd idea! I'd totally buy it.

kisroo
09-01-2008, 10:03 AM
I liked this attraction. I liked that it showed both the bad and good sides to the creation of California and I loved the song at the end. I'll have to see if I can find the song on I-tunes if I can figure out the name of it.

I think it's called "Just One Dream". It's on the DCA cd I have. I could be wrong.

~kisroo:)

dittersdorf
09-01-2008, 10:49 AM
I am so sad!!! I don't know, maybe I'm the only one, but I loved Golden Dreams. I'm very sad to see this go...I know there are a lot of changes yet to come for DCA, and I really shouldn't grow too attached to anything there as they start their major revamping. Still, I'm gonna miss it...

-Foodie :crying:

No, you're definitely not the only one. I go to the park at least twice a month and I always stop in to see "Golden Dreams", it really lifts my spirit. I knew it was going to leave soon and I will definitely miss it, although I am looking forward to the new "Mermaid" dark ride. I hope that someone will make "Golden Dreams" available on DVD...but, even if they do, it won't be the same...:crying:

oregontraveler
09-01-2008, 06:03 PM
. I'll have to see if I can find the song on I-tunes if I can figure out the name of it.
The song is Just One Dream by Heather Headley. It is on the first DCA theme park CD. However, I ended up buying her solo CD "This Is Who I Am" but
the track is only available on the Japanese import version. You could try
I-Tunes as well

BJW
09-03-2008, 06:58 PM
I really hope they move it to a new location as part of the DCA redo. I really will miss this, as it captured the spirit of California. It may be corny, but I always thought of it as an essential part of the DCA themeing.

disney_leonard
09-03-2008, 07:42 PM
I really hope they move it to a new location as part of the DCA redo. I really will miss this, as it captured the spirit of California. It may be corny, but I always thought of it as an essential part of the DCA themeing.

I agree. It still is an integral part of the California theme. I've heard no rumors of reincarnation and with the attendance numbers so low I can't see them bringing it back. I still want a DVD so I can watch it at home.

ScottC4746
09-04-2008, 04:29 AM
This was kind of Calfornia's answer to Epcots Golden Dream at the American Adventure. Last time I saw the Calfornia version, there was a football team (high school age) watching and at the end they were all misty eyed.

EeyoreGirl
09-04-2008, 05:13 AM
I like this show. Unfortunately dh doesn't so I haven't gotten to see it in at least 3 years. Bummer it's leaving.

cheshirecatgirl
09-04-2008, 05:39 AM
I'm glad I got to see it the one time! I liked all the history of CA, I learned a few things I didn't know. It was a little cheesy, but still cool.

HisKid
09-04-2008, 06:47 AM
The song is Just One Dream by Heather Headley. It is on the first DCA theme park CD. However, I ended up buying her solo CD "This Is Who I Am" but
the track is only available on the Japanese import version. You could try
I-Tunes as well

Wow! The trivia you learn on this board!

houseofmouse
09-04-2008, 10:06 AM
So I called DLR to see if California Screams was going since it Dreams is closing the 7th. I had to laugh that the CM on the phone did not even know it was closing!! She was like, "Oh it is? That's news to me." So I looked on Disney's website and did not see Screams on there. So guess it will be a surprise if it is there. In all truthfulness I don't want to see the show but want to get pics and autographs with the Villians they have there every year!;)

What's "Disney"?
09-04-2008, 03:04 PM
This is sad.

I didn't like Golden Dreams at first. But I gave it another try. Next to Soarin' it is probably my favorite attraction at California Adventure.

Yes, it is a movie attraction, but who cares?

A lot of thought was put into it. It is not a piece of crap.

It reminds me of a movie they would show at Epcot in the 1980s.

The song at the end is great.

Definitely stirs emotions.

Projection effects in the beginning are great.

Just goes to show you that you don't need to be a huge multi-million dollar extravaganza to be a great attraction. Sometimes some of the smaller attractions are hidden gems!

And I have a feeling that if it doesn't show up on DVD, that Golden Dreams will probably be taped by somebody and put on YouTube. Welcome to the 21st century.

ScottC4746
09-04-2008, 03:23 PM
So I called DLR to see if California Screams was going since it Dreams is closing the 7th. I had to laugh that the CM on the phone did not even know it was closing!! She was like, "Oh it is? That's news to me." So I looked on Disney's website and did not see Screams on there. So guess it will be a surprise if it is there. In all truthfulness I don't want to see the show but want to get pics and autographs with the Villians they have there every year!;)
I saw the California Screams and it was cute it was campy I was too old, but loved watching the clips from old Disney Movies.