PDA

View Full Version : Odd situation Fiday 8/29

olegc
08-30-2008, 07:11 AM
so last night I went to the park to finish the night with my daughter and her boyfriend. we got in line for pirates a little before 10pm. we heard an announcement that it would be not loading boats due to difficulties for a few minutes - but don't know how long - so welcome to stay in line. About 5 minutes later a second announcement sounded more dire - longer wait and maybe want to head out. Then 5 min after that a third announcement - indefinite closure and we SHOULD go out to other rides to have fun - an a cast member ushered us out.(all the boats had emptied).

OK, I said, so it probably went bad. However, walking past Indy - it was closed. walking past South Seas Traders (fruit stand near jungle cruise) - we saw a security man (polo shirt and slacks, no typical disney gear but had a badge) with a dog sniffing around corners. THEN, get to matterhorn and it too was going through a temporary down time and re-evlauation. Eventually that came up. we got back to pirates by 11:10 and it was open - but they soon shut the doors. as we left pirates around 11:40 indy was back up for what was left of the night.

just odd - many closures at the same time AND the dog. I wonder...

Malcon10t
08-30-2008, 12:56 PM
They usually have a couple dogs in Adventureland/NOS/Frontierland in the evenings. The handlers are usually in dark blue/black BDU type uniforms. The handlers are usually Anaheim PD.

MickeyM00C0w
08-30-2008, 01:44 PM
We did have a small bomb scare last night. Wasn't even really a bomb scare, just some genius pyro tech left his black backpack near the castle and a guest handed it off to me, effectively prompting security and the black doggy to come by. Might have been the same dog you saw.

Malcon10t
08-30-2008, 03:12 PM
We like the black doggy (German Shepherd.) He is GORGEOUS. He doesn't care much for our puppies, but we've enjoyed talking to his handler.

janell
08-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Was the guy who left the bag with the pyro tech, a CM for the fireworks or did someone get it pass secerty?

olegc
08-30-2008, 08:22 PM
They usually have a couple dogs in Adventureland/NOS/Frontierland in the evenings. The handlers are usually in dark blue/black BDU type uniforms. The handlers are usually Anaheim PD.

oh - never knew that. OK then.... for the other poster on castle - since I saw the dog in Adventureland, and not at the castle, it was a chocolate lab not a black dog.