11-03-2002, 07:01 PM
Popular highlights will now include:

Visit the Club 33 Lobby
A private lunch at the Disney Gallery
Behind the scenes look at the Enchanted Tiki Room
An exclusive trading pin

Starting November 10th call (714) 781-4400
Tours are $49.00

November 15 - December 15, 2002 has been set aside for Annual Passholders to experience the tour before it is available to the general public.

Taken from the AP Newsletter

Morrigoon
11-03-2002, 07:15 PM
Sweet!

cstephens
11-03-2002, 08:06 PM
Taken from the AP Newsletter

Do you mean the newsletter they sent out or is this on the website? I don't remember seeing anything about this in the AP newsletter they just sent out.

I wonder how they're going to do lunch at the Disney Gallery. Maybe it's either in the courtyard or on the balcony. There must be limits to how many people can do it at once then.

Techie7
11-03-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
Do you mean the newsletter they sent out or is this on the website? I don't remember seeing anything about this in the AP newsletter they just sent out.

I wonder how they're going to do lunch at the Disney Gallery. Maybe it's either in the courtyard or on the balcony. There must be limits to how many people can do it at once then.

It is in the Newsletter they just sent out. It is not on the website yet. If you look at the newsletter it is on the back of the discounts page that you can rip out on the last page. You have to flip it out to see it. I almost missed it too.

I was also wondering about lunch at the gallery. I hope this does not mean that they will be closing off the balcony!

MammaSilva
11-03-2002, 08:16 PM
hmmm since the kitchen for Club 33 is right there and BB right below it a lunch in the gallary courtyard or balcony would be easy to do and not lose it to the rest of the guest except for that small time frame

cstephens
11-03-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Techie7
It is in the Newsletter they just sent out. It is not on the website yet. If you look at the newsletter it is on the back of the discounts page that you can rip out on the last page. You have to flip it out to see it. I almost missed it too.

Ah, I see it. It's on the blockout dates page, which I never look at. Thanks.

Laffite
11-03-2002, 08:39 PM
The LOBBY! of the c33?!? OMG! YES! :rolleyes:

(actually, I also feel like :) as well)

--Preston

MammaSilva
11-03-2002, 08:43 PM
hmmmm can special "one day" memberships to Club 33 be far behind?

Laffite
11-03-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by mammasilva
hmmmm can special "one day" memberships to Club 33 be far behind?

that would be cool, but C33 would be less "special" because more people would be in there. Balance.

--Preston

sydney
11-03-2002, 09:15 PM
hmm... actually sounds fun. Hopefully someone will post a review once the tour starts up. If you guys say it's worthwhile, we'll be going for sure.

also, does anyone know if they're doing the holiday tour again this year? I remember reading that that was not bad...

Techie7
11-03-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by sydney
also, does anyone know if they're doing the holiday tour again this year? I remember reading that that was not bad...
Acording to the AP Newsletter they will be having it again. More information will follow for both tours on the Disneyland AP Website (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/ResortInfo/AnnualPassholders)

driftwood714
11-03-2002, 09:33 PM
You can book the tours from the same # that does Fantasmic. 781-4400. They've already started taking orders up to 30 days out. They do Fantasmic, DEP, Hyperion Dinner Package(when there's a show), new Walt tour, and the Holiday tour. They also sell tickets and have a will call-type service to arrange in advance over the phone.

socabch
11-03-2002, 09:40 PM

I'm wondering if it might be on the balcony. Last time I was at the Gallery (Oct 20th) they were setting up food on the balcony and it was blocked off. It could have been for some special party. But the courtyard seems to be larger for a small lunch group.

driftwood714
11-03-2002, 10:10 PM
The courtyard should be the primary area. Unless there are two groups up there, then a balcony can be used.

HBTiggerFan
11-03-2002, 10:11 PM
And is it going to be the true lobby of C33 or the downstairs lobby (the door by Pirates)...

And while it includes a lunch, will the actual lunch cost extra and it includes the location? KWIM?

Sophie832
11-04-2002, 01:58 AM
At last! For just $50 each (I'm rounding off, ok?), Gauchograd99 and I can get a small, tiny taste of the luxury of Club 33, which mere mortals like us could never afford (and we don't know anyone we can brown-nose into getting us in for a meal).

I wonder if seeing the lobby would be nice, or torture?

Kevin Yee
11-04-2002, 06:19 AM
It's just the downstairs lobby of C33. In essence, you walk in the door and walk out again.

hbquikcomjamesl
11-04-2002, 07:36 AM
It's just the downstairs lobby of C33. In essence, you walk in the door and walk out again. which, technically, anybody can do, on the pretext of requesting an application (I actually saw some people do exactly that while I was waiting in the BB standby line one evening, probably over a year ago)

Laffite
11-04-2002, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by hbquikcomjamesl
which, technically, anybody can do, on the pretext of requesting an application (I actually saw some people do exactly that while I was waiting in the BB standby line one evening, probably over a year ago)

arr...doesn't always work. My group requested to see the lobby while waiting for seats at BB. Got the door slammed in our faces. The hostesses at BB were shocked as well when we told them.

--Preston

cstephens
11-04-2002, 05:44 PM
OK, dumb question: what exactly is the appeal of Club 33 to you ("you" being defined as anyone who cares to answer the question)? Not what others might find interesting about it, but you personally. Is it because it's exclusive? You've heard that the decor is amazing? Something else? The extras of the tour don't really mean that much to me, so it's not something I'm interested in doing, but seeing the lobby of Club 33 really has no appeal at all to me.

MouseWife
11-04-2002, 06:00 PM
The appeal to me was that it was 'exclusive' and something that was sort of a secret.

But, I enjoyed a trip there via photos on here and that was fine.

I actually have had the opportunity to go but I didn't go for it. I didn't think the price was worth it {for me, family of 5}. Actually, it may have been because the offer wasn't for my entire family and so I didn't want to take it. A combination then, couldn't afford to take them all and then didn't want to go without them.

I would like to see it as much as I enjoy seeing any tour.

Those are my .02. :)

LKSearcy
11-04-2002, 06:43 PM
In Birnbaum's Disneyland 2003, there is a coupon in the back for 50% off on Selected Disneyland Park tours - "Welcome to Disneyland" or "A Walk in Walt's Footsteps." This is a savings of +/- $25.00 - the book is only $13.95.:D

Laffite
11-04-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
Is it because it's exclusive? You've heard that the decor is amazing? Something else? The extras of the tour don't really mean that much to me, so it's not something I'm interested in doing, but seeing the lobby of Club 33 really has no appeal at all to me.

yea that's about it, plus the services I heard about and expensive foods.

--Preston

Sophie832
11-04-2002, 09:57 PM
Don't forget the original elevator from "The Happiest Millionaire"
:D

I have to admit the appeal to me is partly the exclusivity, and partly the decor and food. I've heard so much about it, seen pictures, but just once (and I do mean once), I would like to see it for myself.

CountryBehr
11-05-2002, 07:24 AM
I had the good fortune of eating lunch at 33 on Oct. 25th. I was shocked, however, at possibly the rudest person I've ever encountered at any park. We were waiting to go upstairs when the buzzer rang. The host got on the intercom to ask for her name and she barked back, "I just talked to Shirley, let me in." The host wasn't going to let her in without some investigation, but someone happened to be leaving right then and the lady and her 20ish daughter just pushed their way in. The host apologized and said she didn't have her on the list. The shrew barked back, "I was just just over at California Adventure and talked to Shirley!" The host called up to the restaurant to talk to Shirley. As she did this, the daughter walked behind the host podium and just walked into the back closet to take off her wet sweatshirt since it was raining that day. No asking, just walking about like she was at home. The host asked what she was doing and the mother said sarcastically, "You wouldn't want her to strip out here in the lobby would you?" Apparently by this time, Shirley had approved their dining, and they went upstairs.
There was a mix up with our reservation and we were two hours early. When we returned and were seated, SHE WAS STILL THERE, complaining about the food, about her seat, etc. When she finally left, she practically announced to the entire dining room that she would be back next Saturday.
All in all, a disgusting display. I was so honored to be able to eat at Club 33 and then trash like that, who I'm sure eats there many times a year, treats it like McDonald's.