PDA

View Full Version : After Thanksgiving Sale in Disney

808Disney
08-28-2008, 12:21 AM
Spending Thanksgiving with the family in Disneyland. Thinking of braving the early morning SALE shopping with all the crazy people in the malls. BUT! I was wondering if anyone knows if Disney also do some crazy AFTER Thanksgiving Sales maybe at Downtown Disney? Can anyone answer this question... PLease let me know.

olegc
08-28-2008, 07:03 AM
usually not - because they kind of have a captive audience. there may be some specials here and there, but nothing as huge as mall sales. (no 4am lines!)

THey do have a huge sale of their christmas items on Dec 26th - and everything goes very quickly.

808Disney
08-28-2008, 08:23 AM
Thank you for the heads up...
I was hoping to experience the craziness of the after Thanksgiving sales but, then realized I can only take 1 bag back home without paying... I may take more advantage of ordering online.

olegc
08-28-2008, 09:02 AM
Thank you for the heads up...
I was hoping to experience the craziness of the after Thanksgiving sales but, then realized I can only take 1 bag back home without paying... I may take more advantage of ordering online.

you can always ship it as well - buy it all, go to a UPS store and pack it for shipping. overall may be cheaper than paying for individual shipping online or airline. As well, online shopping is not the same as in the Parks!

curtsinore
08-28-2008, 03:33 PM
We went shopping the day after Thanksgiving last year in DTD and the Disney store had CMs standing by all of the left over pirate stuff that was at 50% and maybe 75% off. Piles and piles of stuff, especailly at the west door. And we didn't remember it being there or discounted 7 days prior. So, if you are Wall-E fan, that will probably be reduced on that day. But there were no other sales or events, though the lego store was more crowded on day that as opposed to 7 days earlier. And lines were long on the west side of the store, so if you want to rub elbows with shopping crowds that would be your fix