PDA

View Full Version : SHould I renew using my AP discount, or buy a NEW AP with a new expiration date

Darkbeer
11-03-2002, 06:41 PM
I just checked the math in regards to which is better, to renew with a discount, or letting it expire, and get a new AP on the next visit.

If we are talking about a $225 Premium pass, that will be discounted $20 dollars to $205, the cost is 56.164 cents per day, which makes it 36 days worth with the new price.

Therefore for example, if your pass expires 2/1/03, and you would plan to go in February, or the first 8 days of March, then you will want to renew. But if you weren't planning to return till spring break, or later, then you will want to let your old pass expire, and purchase a new pass when you return, say April 3rd. You pay $225, but you will get an new expiration date of 4/3/04.

Now, if you are a Disney Club member, you want to let your pass expire, since you get $20 off a NEW AP anyways.

With the Deluxe at $165, and $20 off, that makes it $145, and 39.73 cents per day, and there, 50 days. So this time, if you would go anytime in the first 50 days after the current expiration date, then renew, otherwise let it expire.

A deluxe with parking, it is 39 days.

Since the SoCal does NOT offer a discount for renewing, of course, let the old pass expire.

So, let's recap.

If you are a SoCal holder, or a Disney Club member, DON'T renew!

A Deluxe holder should renew if they plan to go within 50 days of the expiration date.

A Deluxe with Parking should renew if they plan to go within 39 days.

A Premium holder that is not a Disney Club member should renew if they plan to go within 36 days.

MouseWife
11-03-2002, 06:51 PM
Wow.

You put a lot of thought into that.

I just need to get AP's but I just wanted to
let you know, I appreciate all of your hard work. :)

Laffite
11-03-2002, 08:46 PM
This info should be on the site somewhere because it makes great reference info. It would be a waste if this just falls into the archieve somewhere and never seen again :(

--Preston

hefferdude
11-04-2002, 10:57 AM
They included a 20% discount coupon with each DlxAP (4x) when we renewed. We have used them to help save $$$. Just a footnote.

jslivinski
11-15-2002, 03:48 PM
Great info., thanks for doing the research.

David Paul Lane
11-15-2002, 08:49 PM
Who counts cost when you are at the "Happest Place on Earth"? It's not the money, it's the fun, the atmosphere (hatmosphere???), the hanging out where ever. Just ENJOY!!!! :D

sydney
11-16-2002, 10:45 AM
thanks a lot, darkbeer... I was just considering this while I walked out the gate. given my recent weekly visits, I will be renewing my Premium pass as it will save me a couple bucks. Thanks for making me sure it's a good idea.

stinkerbell
11-17-2002, 03:06 PM
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought, "Oh boy, if Darkbeer doesn't know what to do, how on Earth are we supposed to????" :D

Glad you cleared it up!!! ;)