PDA

View Full Version : Best Western Anaheim Inn?

stinkerbell
11-03-2002, 10:23 AM
Has anyone stayed here? I found a great rate for a weekend in December and it's the closest hotel I can find for this low a price. $53 a night. Many hotels are booked on Saturday nights for the two weekends I'm looking for. They're booked through their reservations desk and through sites like Expedia and Travelocity and Lodging.com and Hotel Kingdom. I've done a Travelaxe search....... I missed out on Park Place Inn for $56 a night, so I'm getting antsy about booking soon......

My requirements: want to avoid the shuttle (just me and a toddler with a heavy stroller), clean, and cheap. :)

I don't really need a lot of recommendations, I've stayed at several close properties, I just really really want some info on the BW Anaheim Inn. Thanks! :)

lisap
11-03-2002, 11:51 AM
That's an awesome rate--and it's so close to DL. Hmmmm....you're giving me ideas.....:~) I would be interested in a first hand review of the property as well--anyone, anyone?

Blanche
11-03-2002, 03:39 PM
We have stayed at the BW Anaheim Inn a couple of times. The most recent time was almost 2 hears ago. The rooms are not really large (Many years ago we had a suite), but they are very clean. I thought the beds were a bit firm for me, but I know most people seem to want firm beds. The lobby is very nice, the people working there were nice. But they have no continental breafast, if that's important to you. For that price, I think you should try it.

roberts1398
11-06-2002, 05:21 PM
Hey Stinkerbell -- when are you going? I'm staying at the Carousel from 12/8-12/10 ...

~Diane

Sheila
11-06-2002, 05:44 PM
Here's a review from the MP Review System.

I've provided a link: Best Western Anaheim (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrbestwesternanaheiminn&find-lower-limit=1)

The Review System can also be accessed by clicking on the REVIEWS link just under the MousePlanet logo at the top of every page. :)

Sheila

Jason Reynolds
11-06-2002, 11:19 PM
I'd like to share my secret and most favorite hotel that I've found to stay at in DLR. It is the Days Inn located South of the DLR on Harbor Blvd. It's not exactly a hotel you'd want to stay at if you're looking to walk but it has the most excellent ammentities and especially the price. It offers brand new refurbished rooms each with all the ammentities you could want, refer., micro, ironing, blow dryer and I've only seen prices as high as $45 per night even for the weekends. I've got a premium pass to park in the M&F structure so I really don't mind the distance away.

:D

stinkerbell
11-07-2002, 10:01 AM
Thanks all for the suggestions...... I think I had already read the review.

But this is a good reminder to folks to post their reviews on the Review section of MousePlanet. I know I always do. :)

I'll have to remember that Days Inn when it's the whole family. That's a good jaunt for just me and a toddler and I'm not interested AT ALL in a shuttle for the two of us. Too difficult, with the stroller and all.

Thanks!!!!! :)

stinkerbell
11-07-2002, 10:04 AM
Oops, Diane, we're looking at two weekends: 12/7-9 or 12/14-16. There is a potluck, MA Eye Scramble on the 8th, so I'm partial to that weekend. But it's Candlelight weekend, so I'm antsy about crowds. And the following weekend just gets more and more crowded as people get out of school for Christmas......

I'm leaning toward the 7th-9th though. If I go, we'll have to meet up and say hi!!!

kennyhues
11-07-2002, 10:27 AM
The Desert Inn Anaheim is right across Katella from the pedestrian entrance to the Esplanade/DTD and 12/26-27 were only $79 a night.

Sheila
11-07-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by stinkerbell
But this is a good reminder to folks to post their reviews on the Review section of MousePlanet. I know I always do. :)

Yes, indeed, Miss Stinkerbell is one of my most favoritest reviewers. :) Always submits very detailed and informative reviews.

In my opinion, the MP Review System would just not be the same without her. :D

Sheila

stinkerbell
11-07-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by kennyhues
The Desert Inn Anaheim is right across Katella from the pedestrian entrance to the Esplanade/DTD and 12/26-27 were only $79 a night.

We just stayed there several weeks ago for $44 a night. I reviewed it on the MousePlanet Review section. If you have questions about it, PM me. :)

Sheila, hahahaha!!! :D I am oh so valuable......;) Thanks! It is now my mission in life to stay in as many Disney area hotels as I can so that I might review them for MousePlanet. Let's just see how far that one goes with my husband.