PDA

View Full Version : New AP pricing today

slaakker
11-03-2002, 09:57 AM
I know in another thread it was announced that the premium AP would be going up Jan 8, 2003.

I just went to the DL web site this morning to check some stuff for our vacation and noticed new prices for all APs effective today.

New pricing...

So Cal 105.00

Deluxe 165.00

Premium 225.00

Really screws up my budget. We were buying 5 Deluxe and 4 So Cal. It adds up quickly.:mad:

Click here (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/ResortInfo/Tickets/index?id=6073&Grouping=TG)

FOOD_AND_DRUG
11-03-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by slaakker
I know in another thread it was announced that the premium AP would be going up Jan 8, 2003.

You're right!!! I had some good and bad information. Now, as I undertstand, the price increase that I attributed to the January 8, 2003 date applies to those who buy an AP with a tour package.

Also, here are some prices for those that are Senior Citizens and Disney Club members:

2-Park Deluxe Annual Passport--Seniors (age 60+) $145
--Disney Club...No Discount

2-Park Premium Annual Passport--Seniors (age 60+) $205
--Disney Club...$205

When the information was first given to me, I did inquire why the other AP's (SoCal and Deluxe) were not increasing, and was advised that no other information was available. I did not realize (at the time of the post) that the price increase for Premium AP's effective January 8, 2003 applied to those who purchased a tour package to Disneyland.

Maybe with the original posting here on MousePlanet, Disney management decided to raise the price now instead of waiting until January 8, 2003 and steamrolled everyone into thinking they would wait until after Christmas to increase the price of all AP's.

cstephens
11-03-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by FOOD_AND_DRUG
Maybe with the original posting here on MousePlanet, Disney management decided to raise the price now instead of waiting until January 8, 2003 and steamrolled everyone into thinking they would wait until after Christmas to increase the price of all AP's.

I would seriously doubt that.

driftwood714
11-03-2002, 09:37 PM
Or maybe you released information too soon and it changed after you originally heard about it. Disney upper management LOVES changing ideas around before they hit the General Public (and sometimes after they are available to the public). You may want to ask your "contact" at WDTCo about stuff more often.

EandCDad
11-04-2002, 04:48 AM
Let's see, I paid $219 for lisap's Premium AP and $297 for three So Cal AP's. That's $516 total.

Next year (assuming nothing is raised again), I'll have to pay $540. Is that worth Disneyland and DCA and the discounts on Merchandise and Food? It probably will be, unless my girls decide they wanna take Karate or something.

Basically we have dance, Legoland, Zoo, and Disneyland for non-school related junk that I gotta pay for. I think its still a good deal. Of course, the amount I paid last year would have been a better deal, and if I could have paid like $30 for all four of us for the entire year with no restrictions, it would have been the best.

RStar
11-04-2002, 06:39 AM
In the past when you renewed they offered a discount equal to the Disney Club price. I never worried about renewing exactly when they expired because I could use the Disney Club card, but now that is being discontinued. Any one know if they will still be offering the renew discount?

Darkbeer
11-04-2002, 09:17 AM
You save $20 on renewing the Deluxe and Premium. More information on renewing is at this thread.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11340

RStar
11-04-2002, 09:42 AM
Thanks Darkbeer, I found that thread after I asked.

Wanda Woman
11-04-2002, 09:49 AM
I'm not going to DLR with my son until May, but for some reason, I got a wild hair and decided over the weekend to go to my local Disney Store and buy the two SoCal annual passes.

So, thru pure dumb luck I saved $12 on the passes.

I'll take that.

Wanda Woman
:cool:

Khaymax
11-04-2002, 10:08 AM
Wow my family and I just got back from our trip to the DLR yesterday. I'm so glad that we were able to get the SoCal pass at the $99 rate. I guess we got in just under the wire. By the way we live in Phoenix and were able to buy the SoCal pass no problem! I was holding my breath and crossing my fingers while my husband bought them. LOL! I was so afraid that they wouldn't sell them to us. :)

Katie

hefferdude
11-04-2002, 11:06 AM
What is the activation date when purchasing an AP from a Disney Store?

This thread goes well with SoCalSnowWhite's thread on AP purchasing startegies.

EandCDad
11-04-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by hefferdude
What is the activation date when purchasing an AP from a Disney Store?

This thread goes well with SoCalSnowWhite's thread on AP purchasing startegies.

The activation date is the date you activate them. ;) The date you first use them in the parks.

IndianaJenn
11-04-2002, 01:36 PM
There is also some type of discount coupon on a Premium 2-Park in the Orange County Entertainment book. I don't know about surrounding counties, but you might want to check. I was kinda shocked to see it. :)

Ace
11-04-2002, 04:48 PM
If people can find money to spend 200 bucks a year on drugs, then I'm sure I can find $225 (legally) to spend on an AP... although the two are kind of the same thing.