PDA

View Full Version : Armchair Imagineering II

Morrigoon
11-02-2002, 05:48 PM
777, this is for you!

Toontown is home to Roger, Mickey, and the gang - or is it? If you read the Carl Barks comics, Mickey, Minnie, et al live in Duckberg. Yes, Duckberg, like Uncle Scrooge and his relations! So okay, they're in toontown. How about adding other residents to Toontown? Maybe a mini ToT themed to Uncle Scrooge's Money Bin?

Also mentioned on another thread that if we had a Villains Land, they could finally set up a permanent meet and greet for the villains characters we so rarely see (or better yet - walkarounds!). I'm thinking they could theme it to Halloweentown, but, ala Toontown, add the other villains in there too. A permanent NBC attraction would be a must (I wrote about this here. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10510&highlight=Christmastown), basically:

I'm picturing a queue that enters that forest area with the different holiday trees, and the line going into the Halloweentown one, then later in the ride, having the ride vehicles "return" to the glen (looks identical to but is not the original one) and go into the Christmastown door, then return to a "decked out" Halloweentown.
To elaborate on that, You enter the Halloween tree, and you're in the "twilight zone" looking area. You board a ride vehicle (omnimover, or perhaps a tracked vehicle) there, and continue on to Halloweentown, all done up for their Halloween celebration, then you follow Jack into the forest, and come back to the glen of trees, this time you enter the Christmastown tree and see all the Christmassy wonders that Jack encounters. You then head back to the glen, re-enter Halloweentown, now done up for Christmas, then have an unfortunate encounter with Oogie Boogie, and ending with the same quote that ends the movie, where Jack was asked if he'd do it again and he says "Wouldn't you?"

slaakker
11-03-2002, 10:15 AM
An omnimover with AA based on your ideas would be awesome. A guaranteed hit.

Morrigoon
11-03-2002, 02:48 PM
Thanks!

My concern with the omnimover would be the areas between tree and town, where Jack is shown "falling", but I suppose that could be fudged a bit - after all, it works on the Alice ride :D

Would you do anything differently?
Any additions to the villains land?
Other ideas?

Tigertail777
11-04-2002, 03:55 AM
Great Morrigoon! Love the idea! I wish I had printed out all our other ideas in the first thread on this.. they seem to be all gone now. YES there really should be a Duckberg adjoining Toontown perhaps, but not part of toontown. Scrooges bin would a perfect indoor play area/scrooge musuem: upper floors in his offices and such show off all of the treasures he has found in his globetrotting, perhaps even have an AA stage show with scrooge explaining how he got started and some of his best adventures, accompanied by movies of his adventures, and other AA's coming in from time to time like Donald and Huey.Dewy, and Luey cutting in when he talks about christmas on bear mountain. Maybe even have Glomgold try to "take over". You could have this so that has several versions of the show (different adventures etc) so there is a different random show, and it could theoretically be different each time you go up to like 10 times (along the lines of Indy). You could also have Carl Barks paintings here of scrooge. the bottom level could be his bin, with foam dollar bills and yellow crawl balls so you can "swim" through his money. You could also have a lot of family oriented interactive kiosks like the ones in the animation building in DCA. And finally the money bin giftshop, where you can buy all kinds of globe trotting paraphanilia, and all things scrooge. You could have a machine for oh say around $6.00 you can get your face printed on a coin, or dollar that features scrooges money bin on the other side, and little scrooges on the front around the frame of your face. There is soooo much you could do with scrooges money bin it would almost be a several story toontown in and of itself, and because it is several stories, it neednt take up a lot of room on the ground, thus saving some of DL's precious space. All in all, this money bin attraction wouldn't be terribly expensive either because it really has no rides, (although you could add one or two small rides to it to make a complete "land" of its own: such as a ride to the terry fermies below the money bin). Ahhh its so nice to have amrchair Imagineering back! Lets not let this one dissappear shall we?;)

Morrigoon
11-04-2002, 04:03 AM
Actually, my idea was for the Money Bin to be a mini-ToT, which is an attraction, but it does have a fairly small footprint, comparitively. I like the ball-crawl idea, but TT already had one ball crawl and that got closed for some reason. Cool ideas on the shopping, etc!

So, the villains land... well it could have my previously described Forbidden Mountain, as well as the NBC attraction.

What else would you put there? (Participation, people!)

Tigertail777
11-06-2002, 07:20 AM
well I dont have time to elaborate, but how about horned kings castle from the black cauldron? perhaps something along the lines of the the castle mystery tour at TDL? I also had another thought, but its probably too over the edge for Disney: a ride where you are trying to qualify to be a new villian, and all the other villians are judging you....thats probably a bit too much even in a villian themed land.