PDA

View Full Version : Christmas decorations

Pages : [1] 2

tabacco
11-02-2002, 12:01 AM
Does anyone know if the Christmas decorations are likely to be up on Main Street, NOS, etc. the day Believe Holiday starts?

tabacco
11-02-2002, 07:35 AM
Ooops... just noticed that Morrigoon asked the same thing. Ignore this thread!

slaakker
11-02-2002, 12:40 PM
Didn't see the other thread but, DisneyGeek.com has a new update and shows a lot of the Christmas stuff already up.

blusilva
11-02-2002, 04:01 PM
I was there last night and NOS already was decorated.

ILikeScrooge
11-02-2002, 04:09 PM
Believe starts the week before Thanksgiving!

EandCDad
11-02-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by ILikeScrooge
Believe starts the week before Thanksgiving!

I don't want to claim that Disney.com is a completely accurate source, but it shows Believe in Holiday Magic fireworks starting on 11/8, which is a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving.

This follows the standard from previous years, when the Holiday fireworks show has started the same day they "officially" start Holiday events and decorations, which this year is 11/8.

lisap
11-03-2002, 06:03 AM
A friend saw the Main Street Christmas tree backstage from the parking structure last night (Saturday) and said it was all flocked and decorated and ready to go :eek: Whoohoooo! Can't wait! (even though some may say it's too early. Killjoys ;) )

Bruce Bergman
11-03-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by lisap
A friend saw the Main Street Christmas tree backstage from the parking structure last night (Saturday) and said it was all flocked and decorated and ready to go :eek: Whoohoooo! Can't wait! (even though some may say it's too early. Killjoys ;) )

I was at the park on Tuesday and again Saturday night, and it's clear that "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas."

The decorations are nearing completion at Small World, and they're underway on a small scale all over the park. A little decorated tree popped into the corner of Coke Corner over the last week, the lights and decorations are going up all over New Orleans Square, etc.

They're supposed to bring in the big tree for Town Square on Tuesday night. And everything should be up in all it's glory by Friday, when they start Believe Holiday.

Small World Holiday is supposed to open Friday, meaning probable soft openings on Wednesday and/or Thursday...

--<< Bruce >>--

Morrigoon
11-03-2002, 04:40 PM
Bruce: so Tuesday will be the official tree lighting then?

Bruce Bergman
11-03-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Bruce: so Tuesday will be the official tree lighting then?

I have no idea. :confused: The fact I have to go on is Rod said they're planning to "plant" The Big Tree on Tuesday night. (And the first person who has to ask "Rod Who?" obviously hasn't been enlightened yet... :eek: )

Whether that means they've got the lighting ceremony planned for Wednesday I couldn't say. But in a bout of (properly labeled) educated guessing, since the holiday festivities "start" with the opening show of Believe in Holiday Magic on Friday November 8th, they might start it then. Since the tree is ~40' tall and plopped down right in the middle of Town Square as you enter, it's kind of hard to ignore... :p

They could wait until Friday November 22nd when they start running the "Christmas Fantasy" holiday parade, or after Thursday the 28th which is Thanksgiving day - but both of those are unlikely, because as I mentioned above, that big tree will not be ignored for that long.

They do have a listing through the season starting with this coming Friday's DL website schedule for
"it's a small world Lighting "Moment" - 4:20 PM"

But they don't mention the Tree Lighting ceremony. Now what did I do with that... <rustle> Hold on a second, I have a current Map/Schedule out in the truck...

D'Oh! The "current" map only goes through Thursday 11/7 - and doesn't say anything about the holidays - except for the Mansion Holiday that has been running.

--<< Bruce >>--

cstephens
11-03-2002, 08:23 PM
Toontown is decorated. We even noticed Roger dressed in a Santa outfit that we hadn't noticed previously.

While Main Street itself isn't decorated, most of the ride vehicles are.

Morrigoon
11-03-2002, 10:45 PM
They could wait until Friday November 22nd when they start running the "Christmas Fantasy" holiday parade

ONE MORE TIME!

"There's a special magic at Christmastime each year............" :rolleyes:

TerryTiger
11-06-2002, 02:37 PM
Was at the park last evening (Tuesday) and the tree was up and lighted (at 5:30 PM), just before 6, I was crossing the hub and heard the announcement about the official lighting ceremony come on. However, nothing different happened at the appointed moment since the tree was already lit!

AVP
11-06-2002, 02:42 PM
November 7th is the "drop dead" date for Holiday decorations.

AVP

tabacco
11-06-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by TerryTiger
Was at the park last evening (Tuesday) and the tree was up and lighted (at 5:30 PM), just before 6, I was crossing the hub and heard the announcement about the official lighting ceremony come on. However, nothing different happened at the appointed moment since the tree was already lit!

Don't be silly, that's the moment when the tree went from being just lit to being officially lit ;)

IndianaJenn
11-06-2002, 03:05 PM
Woo-Hoo! Disneyland and Christmas - my two favorite things!

I want to put on my Cheshire Cat ski cap and go NOW!

:D

Laffite
11-06-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by AVP
November 7th is the "drop dead" date for Holiday decorations.

AVP

that's my birthday, silly.

--Preston

MonorailMan
11-06-2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
Don't be silly, that's the moment when the tree went from being just lit to being officially lit ;)

No it was one of thoes "Soft Guest Lightings", like they had for FFF. :D

Polar33
11-06-2002, 09:09 PM

That makes perfect sense.

I was crossing Main St. in Town Square to go on lunch at around 4:45 Tuesday when the tree lights came on. I stopped and looked for a moment before continueing on. As I walked away I thought to myself "shouldn't there have been a lighting announcement?". I figured they "misplaced" that CD like they did last year with the Main St. holiday loop and it would be working by the end of the week. An hour later when I was crossing back over Main St. I heard them play the announcement. I was laughing all the way back to the office. :D

On a side note, I think that this years tree could use some more color. It looks a little sterile. I'll reserve final judgement 'till the decorating on Main Street is completed however.

driftwood714
11-06-2002, 10:12 PM
They let you take hour lunches in ODV? Sheesh!

Also, the tree this year fits in better with Main Street, I feel. It's got a more "Victorian" feel to it. White with gold and red decorations.

tabacco
11-06-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by driftwood714

Or do they? ;)

Polar33
11-07-2002, 08:45 AM

Only when you take your half-hour lunch at the same time as your two 15 min. brakes.

Hey...sometimes it takes the Inn Between that long to cook the food :rolleyes: :)

tabacco
11-07-2002, 09:09 AM
Hah! Too true. I remember the first and last time I ordered a burger from them. Now I try to stick to quick stuff like those premade salads or a cold sandwich.

Bruce Bergman
11-07-2002, 09:52 AM
Hah! Too true. I remember the first and last time I ordered a burger from them. Now I try to stick to quick stuff like those premade salads or a cold sandwich.

Find out what their extension is and call in your order for a burger before you start walking over? (Hey, it works at other restaurants... ;) )

"If you can't raise the drawbridge, lower the river."

--<< Bruce >>--

PhilMP
11-07-2002, 10:04 PM

Wait...we only get an hour lunch?????

Phil