PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Indy, hello?

Pages : [1] 2

houseofmouse
08-25-2008, 06:46 AM
So according to this weeks update Indiana Jones and the Stone Tiger will be leaving in September. While it was a cute show, I felt it did not have staying power and am glad it was just for summer. However, nothing was mentioned about Aladin and Jasmine coming back. So does anyone know if it is??:)

TTFN92
08-25-2008, 07:18 AM
When in Sept. is it leaving? I would like to see it while we are there.

Hoppypooh
08-25-2008, 07:28 AM
Final performance is Sept. 1 at 4:15 pm

TTFN92
08-25-2008, 08:09 AM
:( We won't get to see it.

Katlovett
08-25-2008, 08:13 AM
Our family had skipped the show because of the reports of too much violence for small children. Our sons are ages 3 and 5 and have a tendency to re-enact what they see, for better or worse. We are hoping for the return of Aladdin and Jasmine, or some other relatively non-violent new show. :cool:

Bytebear
08-25-2008, 08:30 AM
Bring back Tahitian Terrace!

Infinitely
08-25-2008, 08:42 AM
Oh that would be great!

mckygirl99
08-25-2008, 05:30 PM

HA! I remember that place! My parents always made us eat there. Somehow my dad always found himself on stage with hula girls and leaving the show with a kiss mark on his face and left it all day. I am pretty sure he did it to get my mom mad. I would love to see my husband get up there now!

The fire guy was cool!

jazzysmom
08-25-2008, 06:29 PM
We are such Indy Geeks, (even dressed up for the midnight showing!) and I am SO bummed we never got to see this show. Saving all our pennies for 2 weeks at the World...

houseofmouse
08-25-2008, 07:03 PM
So.... anyone who works at Disneyland have any ideas of what will replace Indy??

Jeffreaky
08-25-2008, 08:35 PM
HA! I remember that place! My parents always made us eat there. Somehow my dad always found himself on stage with hula girls and leaving the show with a kiss mark on his face and left it all day. I am pretty sure he did it to get my mom mad. I would love to see my husband get up there now!

The fire guy was cool!

What a great story!

I never went but I'd vote for Tahitian Terrace!

Jeffreaky
08-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Wow! The Tahitian Terrace looks like it had a great menu. Bring it back, and bring the prices back while they're at it!

Check out the menu.

Polynesian Combination Platter
Barbecued Ribs - Crisp Fried Shrimp Tempura - Chicken Almond - with Polynesian vegetables, Cantonese rice ... 1.85

Surfrider
Broiled choice chopped beef steak with pineapple spear - vegetable - and Cantonese rice ... 1.65

Skewered Chicken
Choice chunks of breast of chicken on skewer, marinated in sesame soy sauce. Served on a bed on Cantonese rice ... 1.75

Barbecued Pineapple Ribs
Succulent ribs barbecued and covered with a pineapple sauce. Served with vegetable and mound of Cantonese rice ... 1.75

Monte Cristo Sandwich
Baked ham - white meat of chicken - and cheddar cheese - covered with golden batter and French fried - served with fresh fruit compote ... 1.50

Sliced Turkey Sandwich
Cold sliced breast of turkey - on sesame seed roll, with fruit compote ... 1.25

Catamaran Salad
Fresh pineapple boat filled with chicken salad - garnished with orange slices - shredded coconut and sliced almonds ... 1.95

Tropical Fruit Salad
Topped with pineapple ice cream ... 1.75

FOR CHILDREN
under 12

CRISP SHRIMP TEMPURA
with special sauce
or
JUNIOR SURFRIDER
(choice chopped beef steak)
with
fresh pineapple
Cantonese rice
Milk or Tea

STEAK SPECIALTY
Broiled Teriyaki Steak

Marinated in our
specially prepared
Teriyaki sauce

served with green vegetable
Cantonese rice
and fresh pineapple

BEVERAGES

Coffee Pacifica ... .15

(Hills Bros. Special Blend)
Tahitian Terrace Jasmine Tea ... .15

Fresh Milk ... .15

Tall Glass of Iced Tea ... .25

Planters Punch Tahitian ... .50

A blend of all the exotic fresh fruits of the Islands. Served in tall frosted glass with flower memento.

DESSERTS

Rum and Raisin ice cream wafer ... .40

Tahitian Rainbow ice cream - wafer ... .40

Coconut pineapple ice cream covered with crushed fresh strawberries ... .65

Polynesian Rum Cake ... .40

KarenW2
08-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Definitely the place to be, especially on a warm Summer night!! It's where I had my first experience with the great Monte Cristo Sandwich! YUM!!

potzbie
08-26-2008, 02:39 PM
BEVERAGES
Coffee Pacifica ... .15
Tahitian Terrace Jasmine Tea ... .15
Fresh Milk ... .15
Tall Glass of Iced Tea ... .25
Planters Punch Tahitian ... .50
DESSERTS
Rum and Raisin ice cream wafer ... .40
Tahitian Rainbow ice cream - wafer ... .40
Coconut pineapple ice cream covered with crushed fresh strawberries ... .65
Polynesian Rum Cake ... .40

Ah! The 1990s.
How we all miss them!
;)

dznyphreak
08-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Those prices are ridiculous!

I have a CM friend who is in Entertainment. She's the one who tipped me off to Indy's arrival in the first place, so I'll see if she knows what will replace it. No promises, though.

DrinkupMeAttage
08-27-2008, 07:18 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing the Tahition Terrace come back but I would REALLY like to see Aladdins Osasis come back! Great Food, Great Entertainment! Lil pricey but to our family it was worth it! Plus outside of the Aladdin show (which is supposedly leaving) Aladdin doesn't get a whole lotta credit in the park, What about a lilo/stich show with the tahition theme? I know there was the Ohana means family party over at DCA which wasn't really a crowd please from my understanding but that was in DCA, not our beloved! I'm sure I'll get flack for suggest something pixar, but hey I was just throwing it out there!

ralfrick
08-27-2008, 07:53 AM
I find it quite sad that no one says "I hope it will be something new and exciting that I've never experienced before." Dis-hearteningly sad.

A bientot.

TTFN92
08-27-2008, 07:56 AM
What about a lilo/stich show with the tahition theme?

Oh, I hope not. I just really do not care for those characters and felt the movie was just dumb.

HisKid
08-27-2008, 07:59 AM
Oh, I hope not. I just really do not care for those characters and felt the movie was just dumb.

So agree. When dd does her "stitch" voice I just want to yank out my eardrums.

yohomama212
08-27-2008, 09:39 AM
Yesterday a CM at the Stone Tiger show told me that right now they're being told nothing is going to happen with that space after Indy closes on the 1st. That makes me sad. A waste of space like that and all those CMs with potentially nowhere to go (IDK, are they trained in another area of Adventureland?). Sure a classic like the Tahitian Terrace would be nice but I have to agree with ralfrick here, I'd love to see something new and exciting there.

Elizabeth

PanFan
08-27-2008, 10:07 AM
What about a lilo/stich show with the tahition theme?

I'm sure I'll get flack for suggest something pixar, but hey I was just throwing it out there!

Lilo and Stitch isn't Pixar; Disney did that one all by themselves.

HisKid
08-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Lilo and Stitch isn't Pixar; Disney did that one all by themselves.

No, I actually LIKE the Pixar movies, lol. The entire L&S movie/cartoon/characters/merchandising, etc. etc. just grinds on my nerves. I don't know why I have such a visceral reaction, but I just can't stand Stitch, lol.

I do like how Lilo isn't the "perfect" body type like all of the princesses, but that's pretty much it, lol.

1977 spacemountain
08-27-2008, 10:27 AM
thats too bad about indy. i wanted to go see that show

ChurroGirl
08-27-2008, 11:27 AM
From the Disnelyand U.S.A. DVD, I LOVE THE TAHITION TERRACE!! I would love to see it! If they brought that back in that would be too cool!

If however they decided that they want something knew and exciting, I am not objecting!

DrinkupMeAttage
08-28-2008, 09:30 AM
No one wants to see Aladdins Osasis make a repeat? Am I the only one who is partial to chocolatte mouse genie lamps :( ? Oh well...