PDA

View Full Version : Matterhorn Rehab Update New and Improved

WannabeWalt
10-31-2002, 08:58 PM
Just got word from my sister who works at DCA and who today attended the employees Holiday Open House, that the Matterhorn is not just being worked on the outside but is being gutted on the inside for some new and improved scenery.
According to one of the presenters showing the things going on in the resort for the holidays,he told her that they are redoing alot of the
snow scenery and icebergs, improving the bobsleds, replacing alot of ride track and improving the braking system and that the Abomidable Snowman will be updated with new animatronics. He told her that the Snowman became just a little bit stiff and stale over the years so he's getting a makeover. Go Snowman!!!!!

Darkbeer
10-31-2002, 09:52 PM
Well, one of the main reasons for this rehab was to remove dangerous rock formations that guests could hit if they raised their hands. So yes, a LOT of rockwork is having to be done, as most of the small caves will be gone. The Matterhorn, when it reopens will be a different ride than before.

They also have been replacing portions of the track during each rehab in the last few years, so they are replacing the next scheduled portion during this rehab.

As for improving the Bobsleds, they are sitting out near Indy under plastic, no work is being done on them!

Tigertail777
10-31-2002, 09:55 PM
uh-oh someone in charge is listening to my suggestions...is that a good thing? Should I be paranoid right about now? :)

gn2dlnd
10-31-2002, 11:59 PM
Abdominal Snowman. Brrr, hold me close and thaw me out.

Hydroman
11-01-2002, 04:42 AM
Abdominal Snowman

WIll he now be sporting a shaven midriff, showing off the six-pack he's developed? Will we see him doing crunches?

Tink0706
11-01-2002, 07:14 AM
This sounds so extensive, when is the ride set to reopen? I'm glad we got a chance to ride it this summer since it's going to be so different.