PDA

View Full Version : How are Security CMs [treating you?]

Pages : [1] 2

Grandbreaker
10-31-2002, 02:56 PM
I wanted to know how well security cm's have treated you. I want to know about the ones at the hotels and DTD let me know.

tabacco
10-31-2002, 03:01 PM
Fine by me... they're usually nicer to me when I'm in costume, though :)

HBTiggerFan
10-31-2002, 07:51 PM
They are always nice and polite to me :) Then again I don't normally go around breaking rules or sneaking into places I should not be.

mousey_girl
10-31-2002, 08:58 PM
The only time I have even noticed security in DtD is when they were quietly trying to get a group of loud teens to disperse.

Inside the park is another story. In the mornings, during Early Entry *sigh*, there is always a security CM at the Hub between the entrances to Adventureland and Frontierland. These CMs are always wonderful!! They are extremly friendly and helpful. When we were on a character hunt one year, he got out his radio to see if any of the characters we were looking for had been spotted out and about.

Khaymax
11-05-2002, 09:25 AM
Funny you should ask this question. I was going to post about the security CM anyway. I was at DLR the week of Halloween. We were over at CA on Thursday and I noticed a lot of Security. I couldn't figure out why there seemed to be so many. My first thoughts were that it was a CA thing because I hadn't seen any earlier in the week at DL. Well it finally occurred to me that the increase in security was most likely do to it being Halloween. LOL! Anyway while we were waiting for the parade over at DL my family interacted with two wonderful security cast members. My two sons ages 2 and 4 were playing with those spinning light up toys that they sell at DLR. A security cast member came over and started to talk to my 2 year old. He must have had some kind of light in his hand(I was never able to see how he did it) but he reached out and "captured" the red light and pretended to eat it. My kids just loved it! He did this for couple minutes. I second security CM came along and teased the first about eating light again. They bantered back and forth a bit and then said goodbye and continued on their way. It was a really nice bit of CM interaction that helped make our trip special. I was so pleased and surprised. It came from such an unlikely source. It was nice to see the Security CM be so friendly and work to give that magic to the kids.

Katie

justagrrl
11-05-2002, 11:29 AM
Well back in the 80's, I found out very quickly that Security has issues with underage teenagers drinking alcoholic beverages. Imagine that! :eek:

That's been my only brush with them and I'll tell you that they are very fast and on the ball about those sorts of things. ;)

Mukta
11-05-2002, 02:24 PM
I was at the rope drop at DCA on Saturday morning. The Security CM was not mean, but he was stern which I think is necessary. Kids were climbing on the railings and he said politely but loudly "Please get off the railings, that is not allowed here". One parent was so embarassed and got his son off right away and lightly scolded him, but others did not seem to hear him. So he had to walk over to them and point at them and ask them again. The kids got down on their own without any reprimand from their parents. The kids were standing on the railing (not sitting) and holding on to the light posts for balance. It was a very precarious position and I'm surprised the parents did not tell them to get down. I think the CM handled it very well. Although he did seem frazzled.

Hydroman
11-05-2002, 06:16 PM
Note from the Bureau of Redunduncy Department:

Well back in the 80's, I found out very quickly that Security has issues with underage teenagers drinking alcoholic beverages. Imagine that!

What teenager is not "underage" when it comes to drinking alcoholic beverages?

Bruce Bergman
11-05-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Khaymax
Funny you should ask this question. I was going to post about the security CM anyway.
<snip>
Anyway while we were waiting for the parade over at DL my family interacted with two wonderful security cast members. My two sons ages 2 and 4 were playing with those spinning light up toys that they sell at DLR. A security cast member came over and started to talk to my 2 year old. He must have had some kind of light in his hand(I was never able to see how he did it) but he reached out and "captured" the red light and pretended to eat it. My kids just loved it! He did this for couple minutes. I second security CM came along and teased the first about eating light again. They bantered back and forth a bit and then said goodbye and continued on their way.
<snip>
Katie

Gee, I know who Security CM #1 had to have been - John W. He often has all sorts of marvelous tricks up his sleeve... :rolleyes:

And though I'm not a magician myself, I'll invoke magician's priveledge and not reveal how it's done. But it's clever. :p

--<< Bruce >>--

Techie7
11-05-2002, 09:45 PM
I have found security to always be very helpful although they often get a strange look when I say hello to them. Are we not supposed to see them and say good morning? My most recent encounter involved a security guard RUNNING not walking to Cemeinke and I to keep us from walking towards the swans at the end of the night. Must have been that we looked shady in all black on Halloween right after closing. Oh well we just had to walk around the other way.

SzczerbiakManiac
11-05-2002, 09:53 PM
Hydroman wrote:
What teenager is not "underage" when it comes to drinking alcoholic beverages?From the AR Department:

You pose a valid question, but I believe the drinking age in some states is still 18. (If not, it used to be.) So in those states (which CA is not, obviously) the answer would be 18 and 19 year-olds.

Allysen1Derland
11-06-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Grandbreaker
I wanted to know how well security cm's have treated you. I want to know about the ones at the hotels and DTD let me know.

Oh! Really, really well! :) One Security CM when I worked at the DL Hotel used to always stop by whichever shop I was scheduled in, and check up on me. He'd always go out of his way to talk to me, ask for my phone number, ask me out, bring me flowers, take me to nice places, and after a month, "surprised" me by proposing! :eek:

I was only 20. It was only a month. I had to politely decline!

Then, he was pretty mean to me!

Um, does that answer count? ;)

mad4mky
11-06-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Grandbreaker

Hmmm...I wonder, why are you so interested??:confused: Are you planning something illegal and outrageous??;) And now, you need to scoop on the Security guys so you can pull your "job" off, right?:eek:

Shhhh....I won't tell...:rolleyes:

Grandbreaker
11-06-2002, 06:33 PM
I want to be a security cm thats all

justagrrl
11-07-2002, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Allysen1Derland
Oh! Really, really well! :) One Security CM when I worked at the DL Hotel used to always stop by whichever shop I was scheduled in, and check up on me. He'd always go out of his way to talk to me, ask for my phone number, ask me out, bring me flowers, take me to nice places, and after a month, "surprised" me by proposing! :eek:

Wow! You must have just bowled him over.

Sailor Butterfly
11-07-2002, 07:07 AM
Actually, California's current drinking age of 21 dates back to 1953, so it's never been legal for teenagers to drink in Disneyland.

tabacco
11-07-2002, 08:41 AM
I don't think anyone said it was.

Sailor Butterfly
11-08-2002, 06:49 AM
Well, if they weren't drinking in Disneyland, what would security be responding to?

tabacco
11-08-2002, 09:10 AM
Nor did I ever say they weren't drinking in Disneyland.

Mukta
11-13-2002, 09:40 AM
I was at DL on Sunday. It was very crowded in front of IASW. I saw a security CM named Tom holding the hand of a little lost boy. The boy was fairly calm and Tom was reassuring him while searching the crowd for his parents. Tom was so sweet to the boy and I thought it was a great thing to have such helpful people there.

Sailor Butterfly
11-14-2002, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by tabacco
Nor did I ever say they weren't drinking in Disneyland.

Okay, I give up. What exactly ARE you saying?

tabacco
11-14-2002, 09:42 AM
I am saying that you should re-read the post you're trying to argue about.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hydroman wrote:
What teenager is not "underage" when it comes to drinking alcoholic beverages?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SzczerbiakManiac wrote:
From the AR Department:

You pose a valid question, but I believe the drinking age in some states is still 18. (If not, it used to be.) So in those states (which CA is not, obviously) the answer would be 18 and 19 year-olds.

Nobody ever said it was legal to drink underage in Disneyland. In fact, nobody was talking about Disneyland at all in these two posts. What WAS said is that in some states it IS legal to drink at 18.

innerSpaceman
11-14-2002, 04:05 PM
The security CMs who have been lucky enough to catch me in places that guests don't belong or doing things that guests are not supposed to be doing in the park have all been very courteous and professional.

Sailor Butterfly
11-15-2002, 07:38 AM
Okay, I got it now. Those two were discussing something completely irrelevant to the topic at hand, and I had the mistaken notion that we were still on topic. Thank you for clearing that up.

Allysen1Derland
11-15-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by justagrrl
Wow! You must have just bowled him over.

Oh, thank you, Justagrrl! I'd like to think so! However, I found out shortly after the break-up that he was engaged to another girl before meeting me, and broke it off with her!! :( He was a
serial engager!

Shortly after our break-up, after a brief period of trying to get me to work things out (a mourning period, as I refer to it! Just kiddin'!:~D ) he was right back on the dating scene, and coincidentally, with a "close" girl friend of mine who was waaay to eager to help me through the break-up!:mad: How did she break the news to me? Why, by bringing him as her date to my 21st Birthday party!! Real nice, huh? (she ended up dumping him and marrying another Security CM in the end!)

Sorry!! :( Back to the regulary scheduled thread....:D