PDA

View Full Version : Miley Cyrus to celebrate Sweet 16 at Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

AVP
08-21-2008, 08:05 AM
Reposting from my MousePlanet Blog (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/blog.php?b=243):

Entertainment Tonight says Disneyland will host the Sweet 16 birthday party for Hannah Montana star Miley Cyrus.

The ET Web site broke the news this morning, and has a video clip from Cyrus talking about some of the events planned for her party (link (http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/08/64566/index.html)). ET also reports that the event will honor participants in the Youth Service America program, and that $250 tickets to the event will go on sale on August 30 at 9am PDT.

This event - date not yet disclosed - will likely serve to kick off the Disneyland Resort's "What Will You Celebrate" promotion that will carry the resort through 2009 and into the 55th Anniversary of Disneyland.

In 1992 actress Elizabeth Taylor celebrated her 60th birthday at a private Disneyland party for hundreds of her closest celebrity friends. More recently, Lindsay Lohan visited Disneyland for an informal celebration of her 22nd birthday.

letitsnow
08-21-2008, 08:26 AM
oohhh...i hope she does it when we go there in november~ i know when we were there last year on 11/16 for the christmas day parade recording of her performance we sang happy birthday to her! but $250/person? thats alot of money for my family of 5

letitsnow
08-21-2008, 08:27 AM
nvm...it says her party is on oct 5th:mad:

darph nader
08-21-2008, 10:41 AM
(crickets chirping)

karl
08-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Its about the price of a concert ticket here in Las Vegas.

Painful for families... I'm sure they'll sell a bunch.

The expectations concern me... its not like Miley is going to ride around with everyone... guessing maybe an appearance, probably sheet cake available. If she puts on some sort of show that may be better... but how many are coming?

Tinker Bell
08-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Wow DL is going to be busy that weekend. It is the first weekend of oct I believe the weekend for gays too.

AVP
08-21-2008, 12:08 PM
She said in the video announcement posted on the ET Web site that she'll sing a few songs, and that there would be a special fireworks show.

Gay Days is that weekend, but their Disneyland day is Saturday. Sunday's events are at DCA.

Friday October 3rd is also the first Halloween party at DCA.

AVP

AVP
08-21-2008, 01:24 PM
OK, the official event Web site is finally live.

www.disneyparks.com/miley (http://www.disneyparks.com/miley)

The event will be 6 to 11 p.m., and 5,000 tickets will be offered at $250 each.

AVP

Andrew
08-21-2008, 01:48 PM
I'm trying to understand the appeal of paying $250 to go to someone else's birthday party, held at a place where even if you paid full price it would be less than half that much. The party runs until 11:00 pm, and the person in whose honor the party is being held attracts an audience of 9-16 year olds, all of whom will have school the next day.

Not Grinching, just don't get it.

Bolivar
08-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Well, 250 times 5,000 equals 1.25 million. That is a pretty good appeal.

I know you were wondering about the appeal from the other side of the equation.

karl
08-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Oh it gets better...

In the small print on the website - the price of the event does NOT include the price of park admission.... so a typical mother-daughter pairing would cost...

$250 x 2 tickets +
$69 adult admission +
$59/$69 admission depending on age +
$12 parking
=
$640 or $650 for the night.

With only 5000 tix on available, let the scalping begin.

olegc
08-21-2008, 03:39 PM
well, supposedly, the money goes to charity
BUT
not including park admission? sheesh.... greedy accountants. I guess they'll do anything to ensure gate receipts...

Although - reading it a second time I think they were stating it is a separate ticket event and is not included in a REGULAR park admission. Hard ticket. I think they just worded it funny. then again..

karl
08-21-2008, 03:43 PM
well, supposedly, the money goes to charity
BUT
not including park admission? sheesh.... greedy accountants. I guess they'll do anything to ensure gate receipts...

Although - reading it a second time I think they were stating it is a separate ticket event and is not included in a REGULAR park admission. Hard ticket. I think they just worded it funny. then again..

Hmmm,, I guess thats another way to read it. I dunno... needs clarification.

added - exact wording is :

Admission to the event requires a separate ticket and is not included with Park admission.

???

cstephens
08-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Admission to the event requires a separate ticket and is not included with Park admission.

Actually, you're reading it the other way around than it's intended. It's the same as with any other hard ticket event - having admission into the park itself (i.e., regular day guest or AP or CM) isn't enough to get you into the event. You have to have admission to the event (separate ticket) as well.

The wording would apply similarly to something like Mickey's Trick or Treat events - even if you have admission into DCA during the day, that doesn't mean you can attend the event at night.

ChurroGirl
08-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Ok so I am a little concerned, my FDH and I have been planning since last year to go to DL Oct 4-7th. We are not worried about the Gay days or anythig but now this Miley thing, if we have annual passes do we still have to purchase a stupid kiddy birthday ticket too to enjoy the park? Are they going to close down the park for her birthday?
So it will be held at DCA and NOT the Dinseyland itself? That is my understand or am I wrong.

shna
08-21-2008, 04:30 PM
On the Disneyland website, closing time is still listed as 12am. I wonder if a certain area of the park will be closed off for the party. How many people can fit in the Princess Fantasy Faire area?

karl
08-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Actually, you're reading it the other way around than it's intended. It's the same as with any other hard ticket event - having admission into the park itself (i.e., regular day guest or AP or CM) isn't enough to get you into the event. You have to have admission to the event (separate ticket) as well.

The wording would apply similarly to something like Mickey's Trick or Treat events - even if you have admission into DCA during the day, that doesn't mean you can attend the event at night.

Ok, I see your read...

It would be different it said [blah] does not include [blah]

Ah, but you say "as well"... ?

olegc
08-21-2008, 04:52 PM
On the Disneyland website, closing time is still listed as 12am. I wonder if a certain area of the park will be closed off for the party. How many people can fit in the Princess Fantasy Faire area?

i;m waiting for the marketing vultures to notice that it's being PROMOTED for disneyland but possibly held at DCA. THAT would be funny...

although paying 250 - and not having a park all to yourselves for the party (5000 people plus) would seem like you're REALLY being ripped off..

shna
08-21-2008, 04:57 PM
DCA is still listed as being open until 8pm, so I doubt it's going to be there. I'm sticking with the idea that they'll close off a portion of Disneyland, leaving the rest of it available to the public.

Either that, or they'll update the DLR website soon & change the hours to suit HRH. :rolleyes: I didn't realize she was that young. :eek:

ETA: Isn't Downtown Disney considered part of "The Disneyland Resort?" Might they do a big event there & not even involve a park? I'm guessing it couldn't be at one of the hotels because fireworks are part of the festivities...

karl
08-21-2008, 05:11 PM
Yep, the site says "Disneyland Resort"...

possibly DCA - but that would just be so wrong.

If DL with a live park, Hunchback area maybe... I suppose they could close out a land - they do it with ToonTown. I recall the POTC movie spectaculars - Will they change the hours and close DL early?

Oooooh, so many unanswered questions here.

ChurroGirl
08-21-2008, 05:18 PM
Not to sound selfish or anything but I just want to know how much this is going to effect my trip!

adriennek
08-21-2008, 05:33 PM
although paying 250 - and not having a park all to yourselves for the party (5000 people plus) would seem like you're REALLY being ripped off..

How many rides do you think they'll keep open?

Either that, or they'll update the DLR website soon & change the hours to suit HRH.

This is what my money says will happen. Didn't they do that for the Pirates premieres? But I would also expect them to open the park early, too, like 6 am. They've done that before.

Adrienne K.

karl
08-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Ok, this will probably appear or has appeared in the News area...

OCRegister August 21

Cyrus, wildly popular among elementary schoolers and pre-teens as a singer and Disney Channel sitcom star, will celebrate her birthday at the park from 6 to 11 p.m. The park closes that night at 5 p.m., and only ticketholders are allowed in during the party. Tickets go on sale at 9 a.m. Pacific time Aug. 30. Click here to order.

http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/2008/08/21/partying-with-hannah-montanamiley-cyrus-250/

I guess that means Disneyland is closed at 5.

ChurroGirl
08-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Ok. But new question! What happens to those of us who have been planning on this trip and have already made PS's for dinner! My BB reservation is at 510 on Oct 5th! So what is Disney going to do about that!

AVP
08-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Ok. But new question! What happens to those of us who have been planning on this trip and have already made PS's for dinner! My BB reservation is at 510 on Oct 5th! So what is Disney going to do about that!Call them and let us know what they say.

AVP