PDA

View Full Version : What New Attraction Would YOU Put In?

Pages : [1] 2

DisneyFreak2000
07-04-2001, 05:35 PM
If you had the choice of putting any new attraction in to Disneyland or DCA what would you do?

Napsto
07-04-2001, 05:37 PM
i think we did this one. look for the thread about imagineering.

DisneylandBoy
07-05-2001, 09:32 AM
I would update Fantasyland, by adding The Little Mermaid where the Lagoon is (and changing the boundary of Fantasyland/Tomorrowland). I would add a Beauty and the Beast ride (where the old Topsy Turvy area is) and add a Lion King show(like at WDW). Fantasyland doesn't really focus on the new movies, just the old ones. Oh! And I would redo the Carousel to have A Cinderella theme.

That's it. :)

amynicole22
07-05-2001, 10:57 AM
>>Oh! And I would redo the Carousel to have A Cinderella theme. <<

Cinderella has a *huge* castle at WDW! Can't Sleeping Beauty (and Maleficent) keep their presence on the carousel? I don't get that thing anyway - it's King Arthur's Carousel with Sleeping Beauty art, turn of the century carousel horses, and a soundtrack of organ music from Disney films. A total mish-mash thematically. I still love it though.

I agree that the glass-slippered one is underrepresented on the West Coast. I know lots of little girls (and big girls) who would love a Cinderella ride, or a general princess ride. Imagine being seated into a Glass Coach ride vehicle to be whisked away to the ball *sigh*

DisneylandBoy
07-05-2001, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by amynicole22
I agree that the glass-slippered one is underrepresented on the West Coast. I know lots of little girls (and big girls) who would love a Cinderella ride, or a general princess ride. Imagine being seated into a Glass Coach ride vehicle to be whisked away to the ball *sigh*

TAHT'S IT! They could make a Superstar Limo type ride in Fastasyland. Only, It could be that you are Cinderella and you are on your way to the ball. It wouldn't be as cheesy as SSL, but it could be cool! What do you think?

steamboatStu
07-05-2001, 01:52 PM
Speaking of under represented...

I suggest that PRINCESS Tiger Lily fire her agent ASAP!!! She is totally missing out on this Princess upheaval. After all, she was born a princess unlike Belle who married into royalty. (I crack myself up!)

Permanecer Sentados
07-05-2001, 01:58 PM
I have two new games for Starcade, based on the ubiquitous Whack-A-Mole:

Whack-A-Eisner

and

Whack-A-Pressler

Wackokid
07-05-2001, 02:39 PM
build a 400-foot tall coaster

tiggerandtink
07-05-2001, 04:03 PM
It's not new, but what about a version of MK's Alien Encounter? That attraction is awesome. Also, the Tink portion of this outfit would love a princess ride.

Lani
07-05-2001, 04:39 PM
As far as I know they're still planning on doing so, but I really want to see Tower of Terror go into the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area as soon as possible. The area's theming works already, and it desperately needs an E-ticket ride.

Mandrake Linux
07-05-2001, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by DisneyLvr
I would update Fantasyland, by adding The Little Mermaid where the Lagoon is (and changing the boundary of Fantasyland/Tomorrowland). I would add a Beauty and the Beast ride (where the old Topsy Turvy area is)

How would you theme the ride in the lagoon with the rest of Tomorrowland? Even if you did change the boundaries, it wont look too good.

lillas
07-05-2001, 05:19 PM
please i beg of all you respondents, don't become imagineers

DisneyFreak2000
07-05-2001, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by DisneyLvr
I would update Fantasyland, by adding The Little Mermaid where the Lagoon is (and changing the boundary of Fantasyland/Tomorrowland). I would add a Beauty and the Beast ride (where the old Topsy Turvy area is) and add a Lion King show(like at WDW). Fantasyland doesn't really focus on the new movies, just the old ones.
That's it. :)

Oh my God! You read my mind. When I created this thread I was thinking exactly about that. It p*sses me off how they made rides (based on Disney animated films) on Snow White-Sleeping Beauty, skipped Mermaid-Mulan (which by the way was the climax of Disney) and started again with Tarzan. The Mermaid ride in the motor boat place would be perfect. They could make it go through a cave or something as not to ruin themeing with Tommorowland. Beauty and the Beast and Lion King brought out here would also be kool. I'm also thinking of a Pochaontus show (like the one in ANimal Kingdom) in Frontierland, maybe Godlen Horshoe Stage. Then they could make a Hunchback meet and greet in the Festival Arena and Mulan meet and greet at the Skyway station. :)

DisneyFreak2000
07-05-2001, 05:27 PM
They should bring back Alien Encounter for the 50tyh anniversery of Disneyland.

JRob2k1
07-05-2001, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFreak2000
They should bring back Alien Encounter for the 50tyh anniversery of Disneyland.

No offense, but I would want something "bigger" than Alien Encounter for DL's BIG 50th B-day!! I love AE but it is not worthy for a milestone like that.

When I think of Disneyland's 50th, I want a ride on the scale of Indy. Will it happen...

-JRob

CaliforniaCrazy
07-05-2001, 06:40 PM
My friend and I were talking about this very subject just recently. We came upon the idea that they could make a better Lincoln show by making an animatronic Walt Disney to interact with Abraham Lincoln, since he was so fond of our 16th president. Or Walt could host the before show, giving a little information about the animatronics themselves, like in the pre-show film they had before. I think that would be great, and a worthy reason to see this show again and again.

Mr D
07-05-2001, 06:51 PM
A maintenance pavilion showing all the ways to keep a theme park running and looking good.:rolleyes:

Mandrake Linux
07-05-2001, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by CaliforniaCrazy
My friend and I were talking about this very subject just recently. We came upon the idea that they could make a better Lincoln show by making an animatronic Walt Disney to interact with Abraham Lincoln, since he was so fond of our 16th president. Or Walt could host the before show, giving a little information about the animatronics themselves, like in the pre-show film they had before. I think that would be great, and a worthy reason to see this show again and again.

Why Lincoln? The fact he was the 16th president make him special?

JRob2k1
07-05-2001, 07:28 PM
I just hope Disneyland does something big. It deserves it!

-JRob

CaliforniaCrazy
07-05-2001, 08:43 PM
Do you ever read history books, ACDC Therapy? they are filled with wonderful information on WHY he was a great president, and WHY he deserves to be in the show. George W. Bush is president (not a very good one in my opinion), and yet he still is getting into the Hall of Presidents in Walt Disney world. Go figure.:rolleyes:

Mandrake Linux
07-05-2001, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by CaliforniaCrazy
Do you ever read history books, ACDC Therapy? they are filled with wonderful information on WHY he was a great president, and WHY he deserves to be in the show. George W. Bush is president (not a very good one in my opinion), and yet he still is getting into the Hall of Presidents in Walt Disney world. Go figure.:rolleyes:

The reason why I don't read history books is because the writer of the history book tries to make his country superior to others. Go into the Lounge on this site and click on my "INDEPENDANCE" thread.

Morrigoon
07-05-2001, 10:07 PM
I for one, would like to see a Disneyland Museum. I know that once every 2 years the gallery changes its display, but I'm talking something bigger than that...

Remember the Architecture of Reassurance exhibit? THAT is the scale/type of thing I mean. It could have permanent fixtures, and a room or two for rotating shows from stuff in the archives. Alone or in a park as an attraction, I'd LOVE that. Actually, imagine that in Downtown Disney, built kind of like barnes and noble, where it has a cafe and comfy seats, but put them among the displays. There would (of course) be a (cool) store, selling the calibre of stuff that the Gallery sells, only even more specifically relating to items in the museum (the Herb Ryman map, for example, would sell lots of products, I'm sure). Also, the store could have books perhaps less Disney related, but on related subjects, like art, color, photography, and ride engineering.

Also, I imagine a whole room just on Walt. Photos of him growing up, perhaps some early drawings, a video display showing snippets of some of his really old stuff like the Laugh-o-Grams and Oswald.

And finally, a screening room. Each day it would feature a different cartoon/movie/animated feature. Imagine being able to see things like the Alice comedies, the wartime films, etc. When presented, it could have a single sheet program introducing the show, and discussing some of its themes, especially the controversial ones (think Der Fuehrer's Face, and Song of the South). This would also be Disney's chance to experiment with a release of Song of the South with a prologue explaining the "issues" of the movie. If it went over well with a relatively "small" audience (as compared to nationwide video release), they could consider releasing it to the public. It would also be a great spot to run sneak previews of upcoming stuff.

Man, I'm drooling at the thought of it!

(sigh) But they never ask me...

CaliforniaCrazy
07-05-2001, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by ACDC Therapy

The reason why I don't read history books is because the writer of the history book tries to make his country superior to others. Go into the Lounge on this site and click on my "INDEPENDANCE" thread.

If you say you don't read them, how do you know he does?;)

CaliforniaCrazy
07-05-2001, 10:26 PM
Actually, ACDC Therapy, you are right about history books. There is a lot of history books that are inaccurate. The ones at my time in high school are pretty much the same as today.

tiggerandtink
07-05-2001, 10:31 PM
okay, we get it, history shmistory, what about the future? I'm only a day old here at the ol' Mouseplanet, but has anyone mentioned any ideas for Fantasia themed attractions? Rides or shows could be pretty cool.:rolleyes: