PDA

View Full Version : Did you know that the Rivers of America is now an attraction

Darkbeer
10-30-2002, 11:20 AM
In the most recent Guide to the Magic (dated October 18 - November 7th, 2002), the second attraction listed is "Rivers of America".

Funny, I don't see the Submarine Lagoon or Sleeping Beauty's Castle listed as attractions.

Actually, on previous maps, they listed Fantasmic! as an attraction (which I disagreed with, I thought it was a show that was only performed on certain days and times, and not an attraction), but Disney listed it as both (just like it lists the Golden Horseshoe Stage and the Fantasyland Theater). Now while at least the Golden Horseshoe Stage offers shows daily, the Fantasyland Theater is another seasonal offering, with many days not offering anything on the stage. And they didn't bother to list the Plaza Gardens Stage or the Club Buzz Stage.

But the map was updated to show the Haunted Mansion Holiday (with the word "New!" in red besides it). But they are still listing the Teddi Barra's Swingin' Arcade as an attraction, even though it was closed permanently a few weeks ago, to become part of the new Pooh shop opening next year.

If they can update the new stuff, why can't they remove the old stuff:confused:

Morrigoon
10-31-2002, 12:42 AM
That would require actual working knowledge of the park - that doesn't happen when you work in a big yellow building out back.

MonorailMan
10-31-2002, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
That would require actual working knowledge of the park - that doesn't happen when you work in a big yellow building out back.

Also, you would need some knowledge of how a theme park is actually run to make a good map. :rolleyes:

Ghoulish Delight
10-31-2002, 07:23 AM
Remember, this is the same park in which Cosmic Waves was listed as an attraction. Even for a LONG time after it was decomissioned. It wasn't until just before it returned in it's current form that they finally removed it. Of course, why a fountain was an attraction to begin with is beyond me. (now I'll sit idly by until Techie7 comes and defends his favorite attraction :D)

MonorailMan
10-31-2002, 09:27 PM
I'm now thinking that they threw "RoA" on the map, because people were compaining about Fantasmic!, and they didn't want to edit the numbers.

Darkbeer
10-31-2002, 09:56 PM
That is my guess, Fantasmic!, now Rivers of America is the second of seven listed attractions. It was a lot easier to change the name, than to renumber the map.

But Teddi Barra's Swingin' Arcade is the third of three listed, so it should be easy to remove this closed attraction, maybe the new map on December 8th will be correct....

Hydroman
11-01-2002, 04:52 AM
These must also be the same people who are not listing TSI as a closed attraction when the ROA is drained.