PDA

View Full Version : Vineyard Room Closing

Toocherie
08-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Maybe there's a thread here and I missed it, but the Orange County Register announced on Thursday that Disney is closing the Vineyard Room restaurant in DCA soon and using the space as overflow for Wine Country Trattoria.

I'm bummed--I've only been there once and thought it was a nice atmosphere and get away.

AVP
08-17-2008, 01:10 PM
Maybe there's a thread here and I missed it, but the Orange County Register announced on Thursday that Disney is closing the Vineyard Room restaurant in DCA soon and using the space as overflow for Wine Country Trattoria.

I'm bummed--I've only been there once and thought it was a nice atmosphere and get away.OK, I guess it's official. MousePlanet got wind of this a few weeks ago, but I hadn't been able to confirm it yet.

AVP

Toocherie
08-17-2008, 02:37 PM
Yep--here's a link to the article:

http://fastfood.freedomblogging.com/2008/08/14/disneyland-to-close-another-food-joint/

spectromen
08-17-2008, 07:22 PM
So pathetic - the Trattoria's menu has been downsized to almost nothing and now they want to make it bigger? Meanwhile eliminate the one fine dining location that DCA had? That leaves Napa Rose, Steakhouse 55 and Blue Bayou (which isn't really fine dining) for the whole resort. Horrid decision to make no "good" food available at all in DCA.

Darkbeer
08-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Don't forget Yamabuki at Paradise Pier as Fine Dining.

As for the Vineyard Room, it might even close earlier than the Sunday of Labor Day weekend, as they are having staffing issues, as many folks have started to transfer out.

And there are plenty of new choices in the Anaheim area, with Morton's and Ruth's Chris, plus some of the new choices at the Anaheim GardenWalk such as Roy's Hawaiian Fusion.

Christyvoltron
08-18-2008, 09:00 AM
We were at the Napa Rose for dinner on Saturday (outstanding!) and Gloria Tae is already working there.

danyoung
08-18-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm sorry to see this change. I've had many fine dinners seated outside upstairs at the Vineyard Room.

Oh, and I'd include Hook's Pointe in that fine dining category.

AVP
08-18-2008, 09:29 AM
We were at the Napa Rose for dinner on Saturday (outstanding!) and Gloria Tae is already working there.OK then, I guess that's confirmed too!

AVP

tod
08-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Damn it anyway.

TLMt and I had our 20th-anniversary dinner there.

--t

Mermaid
08-19-2008, 07:45 PM
That stinks. I enjoyed the Vineyard Room. :crying:

MadasaHatter
08-20-2008, 06:54 AM
I really liked dining there also. My sis and I were there last year and sat with a view and our server was awesome and the meal delightful. Maybe they will put in a BROWN DERBY in the remodeled Hollywood area???? Maybe a soda fountain in the Hollywood area too???? My sis and I really miss the soda fountain from Main St. We always got a big Sunday at the fountain. It just isn't the same when you cue up and wait and wait and then there are no tables.....sigh. Ah well....

sierranevada
08-20-2008, 09:52 PM
Wow! We are eating there tomorrow for the first, and now I guess - last, time! Glad we get to experience it at least once.