PDA

View Full Version : ticket info......

livinglighthouse
04-26-2001, 10:06 AM
Hi all, just wanted to see if I could get some input on Disneyland tickets. We are going in September and I'm considering a few options. I have family in Southern California and I"m wondering if they could buy the So Cal annual passes for us, or do we have to live down there to do that??? And can you get a discount on the annual passes through AAA or Magic Kingdom Club??? If these don't work I suppose I'll just get the 3 day passes......but I appreciate any help you might have for me.......thanks
Rachel

Rhonda
04-26-2001, 12:39 PM
Hi Rachel ,
I was just checking the Disney Club site today and I think they give $10 off the price of the annual passport . The past 2 years I have noticed that a promotion called Fall Getaway offers 4 days for the price of 3 for vacation packages . They start advertising in August I think .

Lacrosse Boy
08-07-2001, 01:51 PM
Good

EandCDad
08-08-2001, 07:23 PM
livinglighthouse, I know you posted this question about a hundred years ago, but since its not September yet, I thought I 'd throw in my 2 cents.

I'm pretty sure if you buy the So Cal passport you have to show a driver's license with a So Cal zip code. I think the license must be in the name of the person being issued the passport.

It seems that the Disney club $10 off is only on the premium passport, which may not be the best deal if you are only going for 3 days.

Others may have some better info.

Napsto
08-09-2001, 12:05 AM
buy an AP and go everytime you can!:cool:

jslivinski
08-17-2001, 01:38 PM
You know how you receive all these e-mails and trash them because you don't need them, then you run across something and off course by then you've emptied your trash can. Well, that's what just happened to me.

I received something in a newsletter today that mentioned an extra day at Disneyland. I didn't pay any attention to the link, but the "icon" was the standard D-Land logo, so you might check out the Disney site.

Sorry, I can't be more specific.

Julie

P.S. I highly recommend getting an annual pass, it's great and worth the money if you will be making a second trip that year.

Dlandmom
08-17-2001, 03:53 PM
Are there one day park hoppers now? I thought I read that somewhere, but now I can't find it. Is 2-day the minimum you can get? If so, are the 2-day tickets good for up to 1 year (meaning you can go once now, and you can use the second day 11 months from now)? Thanks!

tabacco
08-18-2001, 09:00 AM
Here's the best I can sum up the ticket situation, given all the stuff asked in here.

First off, no you don't have to be a SoCal resident to buy that pass. You can be from New Jersey or Sweden if you like. The Magic Kingdom Club no longer exists, and its replacement, the Disney Club, offers discounts only on 4-day park hoppers and on premium annual passes.

There are no 1 or 2 day park hoppers. The 2-day tickets are good for one whole day at each park (1 day @ DCA, 1 day at DL). With 2 day tickets, you have until the end of the year to use the first day and then 6 more days to use the second after that. The 3/4 day hoppers are good for any 3/4 days within a two-year period from the date they're purchased. 1 day tickes have NO expiration.

The extra-day-free deal is running right now if you buy from just about anywhere but the Disneyland main entrance booths. AAA, Disney Stores, disneyland.com, and certain local area hotels all offer the deal. It's basically $111 for a 4-day hopper and $137 for 5 days. Kids' prices elude me at the moment :)

EandCDad
08-18-2001, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by tabacco
Here's the best I can sum up the ticket situation, given all the stuff asked in here.

First off, no you don't have to be a SoCal resident to buy that pass. You can be from New Jersey or Sweden if you like.

Glad you came in to help livinglighthouse. One question, are you sure you don't have to be a SoCal resident to buy the SoCal annual pass? I thought they checked your drivers liscense or id card for your zip code before you could buy the pass. I could be wrong though.