PDA

View Full Version : Angels in the parks

Pages : [1] 2

scottmen
10-28-2002, 06:10 AM
Anyone know what the schedule, if any, for the California Angels visiting any of the Disney resort?

SoCalDisneyLover
10-28-2002, 06:53 AM
Tuesday at 10 AM, parade down Main Street.

Tuesday at 3:30 PM, parade through CA Adventure

Following parade, various activities at CA Adventure, including Q & A of some sort at the Golden State Amphitheatre. Events conclude by 8 PM.

That's what I heard last night. There's also a parade from The Pond to Edison Field at 11 AM, so I guess they'll be shuttled over there after the Disneyland parade.

Anyone going?

crc9998
10-28-2002, 09:26 AM
I am hoping to be there!!! Does anyone know if AP's still get in without being charged?

Upanova
10-28-2002, 09:30 AM
I'm going today to avoid this! I hope it will be quiet today, I had planned to go tomorrow until I heard the news on the radio...I'm off to snag some HMH pins...

Upanova

scottmen
10-28-2002, 09:49 AM
Ok I went to the website, which I should have done first, and they have a link. Here is basically what it says.

Disneyland® Resort Salutes the 2002 World Series Champions,
ANAHEIM ANGELS!

Join us Tuesday, October 29, as we salute our hometown World Series Champions, the Anaheim Angels. Bring the family and your cameras!

The festivities start at 10:00 am with a parade through Disneyland® park, from "it's a small world" to Main Street, U.S.A.

Then from 3:00 pm, join us for an afternoon and evening of excitement saluting our Anaheim Angels at Disney's California Adventure™ park. The following schedule of events is subject to change:

3:30 pm -- Cheer on the champs during a parade through Disney's California Adventure park.
4:00 pm, 5:00 pm -- "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Play It! Theater
Join us for this special baseball edition of the famous television game show, complete with Anaheim Angels and Major League Baseball questions.
4:30 pm, 5:30 pm, 6:30 pm -- Golden State Amphitheater -- Q & A
Bring your questions and your camera to chat with the players, just like in the dugout.
7:00-8:00 pm -- Music and Special Fireworks
Cap off the evening with live music that will get you in a real party mood. And at the end of the evening, don't miss a special fireworks salute to our Anaheim Angels, in the skies above Paradise Pier Lagoon.
Throughout the day -- You'll find special "photo ops" with your favorite players in various locations around Disney's California Adventure park. Baseball memorabilia is also available, perfect for the baseball buff looking for that special treasure.

Scott

EandCDad
10-28-2002, 10:05 AM
I'm bummed I'm gonna be working (hmmmm, I do have tons of sick leave). Kudos to Disney for these events and at least giving some love to Disneyland and not just DCA.

Ghoulish Delight
10-28-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by EandCDad
I'm bummed I'm gonna be working (hmmmm, I do have tons of sick leave). Kudos to Disney for these events and at least giving some love to Disneyland and not just DCA. Yeah *cough, cough*. I think I'm coming down with something ;)

EandCDad
10-28-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
Yeah *cough, cough*. I think I'm coming down with something ;)

I have something that will help with that cough. Maybe we should meet up tomorrow and I can give it to you. Let's see, where would be a good place to meet? Hmmmmm.....

RStar
10-28-2002, 10:44 AM
Me too, I want some! I think I gave my cough to my son as well!;)

Mox
10-28-2002, 10:56 AM
I'm gonna try and make it for the parade in DL. This is one of the few times where working nights comes in handy. No cough necessary. :) Now if I can just get out of bed early enough to get there in time.

Mox

corrinhorn
10-28-2002, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I think I am just gonna go not cuz I am sick...Where are you guys gonna be meeting...for the transfer of Cough Medicene?

FOOD_AND_DRUG
10-28-2002, 12:03 PM
I'm gonna have the CROUP!!!

Originally posted by corrinhorn
Yeah, I think I am just gonna go not cuz I am sick...Where are you guys gonna be meeting...for the transfer of Cough Medicene?

cstephens
10-28-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by EandCDad
I have something that will help with that cough. Maybe we should meet up tomorrow and I can give it to you. Let's see, where would be a good place to meet? Hmmmmm.....

OT question for a moment - does this mean you're back on the left coast?

MickeyD
10-28-2002, 12:25 PM
Hey! I'm sick too!! *cough*cough* Somebody help me with this terrible cough, please.

EandCDad
10-28-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
OT question for a moment - does this mean you're back on the left coast?

OT answer for a moment - Yes, for a one week appearance, there will be no encores.

cryan71
10-28-2002, 01:20 PM
Thanks everyone for coughing on me. Now I *cough* got it too.

gautry
10-28-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by scottmen
Anyone know what the schedule, if any, for the California Angels visiting any of the Disney resort?

excuse me you mean the 2002 WORLD CHAMPION ANAHEIM ANGELS DONT YOU

Davideo
10-28-2002, 02:38 PM
For all of us who are AP holders this isn't an issue, but does anyone else think that it is a bit rude of Disney to hold the parade INSIDE the park? When I lived in NY the victory parade was down Fifth Avenue, I believe, where everyone could join in FOR FREE. I've also seen the Lakers parade in downtown. So people who want to cheer on their favorite team are going to have to PAY to be a part of this? Personally, I think that sucks.

MickeyD
10-28-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Davideo
For all of us who are AP holders this isn't an issue, but does anyone else think that it is a bit rude of Disney to hold the parade INSIDE the park? When I lived in NY the victory parade was down Fifth Avenue, I believe, where everyone could join in FOR FREE. I've also seen the Lakers parade in downtown. So people who want to cheer on their favorite team are going to have to PAY to be a part of this? Personally, I think that sucks.

Well, Socaldisneylover did mention that there is a parade from The Pond to Edison field. I'd imagine you don't need any ticket to see that one.

RStar
10-28-2002, 02:50 PM
To recap the parade:

10:00 at DL

11:00 from the Pond to Edison Field

3:30 at DCA

So the main part of the parade is on public streets (Katella?), where all of California can come out to see.

So, no I don't think it is rude, it is the best of both worlds for us APs though!:D

ChipmunkStar
10-28-2002, 02:53 PM
Yes, there are three parade starring the Anaheim Angels tomorrow:

10 am.~ Parade in Disneyland

11 am~ Parade fro the Arrowhead Pond to Edison Field (Personally I find this to be INCREDIBLY lame, I mean the two locations are what, Three blocks away from each other? I think it would be better to maybe have it from Disneyland to the Field, but hey, that would mean a lot more traffic control and closed intersections :rolleyes: )

3 pm.~ Parade in DCA

So, there are two in the parks, and one for all the public :)

(ha ha,RStar and Ijust posted this at the same time. . .)

Davideo
10-28-2002, 03:26 PM
My mistake. I didn't realize from reading the schedule on the Disney web site that there was definitely going to be a parade from Edison Field. That makes more sense. In fact, I think it's kind of cool that Disney is adding TWO special parades inside their parks. Kudos to Disney!:)

crc9998
10-28-2002, 05:04 PM
I know listening to the plan for the parade from the Pond to Edison field...it sounds like it will take place on a very short section of Katella. I am wondering just how many people will be able to see over there!

sydney
10-29-2002, 12:33 AM
I was soooooo planning on not coughing once tomorrow. Until I read this thread. and now, well, I'm feeling a tickle in my throat. we'll see if I get up early or just watch KCAL, which has been promising live coverage at 10.

Ghoulish Delight
10-29-2002, 07:22 AM
Sadly, I seem to have made a miraculous overnight recovery from my illness. Actually, I had forgotten to take into account the fact that Cadaverous Pallor has a job interview at 1:30 today, so the point is entirely moot. I am going to try to get out of here early and be at the park between 4 and 5. Hopefully we'll catch some of the Q&A, photo-ops, maybe Millionaire if we're lucky, and the fireworks. That'll keep me happy.