PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight [Processional, information for 2008]?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

DizneyMommy
08-13-2008, 12:18 PM
Ok, so I saw someone post that Christmas starts Nov 22nd and now I am excited, I LIVE for Christmastime at DL.

Anyone with ears to the ground heard any good rumors about Candlelight dates or prices or anything yet this year? Last year - preggers and stuck on bedrest - couldn't go and was really upset. This year - sooooo need a night out with my husband and that is probably the soonest it is going to happen with an infant and 3 year old!

Hey - I managed to get 3 Blizzcon tickets yesterday (for my husband!) I am on a role - I am determined to get Candlelight too! :-)

hefferdude
08-13-2008, 09:42 PM
We loved CP the three years we were able to attend ( Dick van Dyke set the bar for CP narrators ). I sincerely appreciate the desire to attend. We will look into it but will most likely opt for the Holiday Tour instead. I will qualify that last statement with the pressure last year to obtain CP tickets online made it a most unpleasent experience. I got bumped and finally lost out. I do hope Disney has plans for a well thought out lottery or such with adequet lead time for families to make plans to attend. ( Better yet, make it an official event like WDW.) Best of luck to you.

jefhar
10-01-2008, 04:30 AM
Has anyone heard when Candlelight Procession tickets go on sale?
I went three years ago during this time and it was so packed on Main Street that we had to go behind the buildings to exit the park. Also, wouldn't this be a good time to hit the rides while the Procession is happening?

HauntedKid
10-01-2008, 09:59 AM
What`s this Candlelight Procession about?...sorry, haven`t heard of it...

ScottC4746
10-01-2008, 02:01 PM
What`s this Candlelight Procession about?...sorry, haven`t heard of it...
ONLY one of the most beautifully crafted entertainment settings of the year. I cannot wait!!!

HauntedKid
10-01-2008, 07:59 PM
But it consists on what?, special parades, shows..? i havent seen it, thats why im asking, sorry....

Malcon10t
10-01-2008, 09:54 PM
It is a processional of choirs, that join at the train station, and there is a narrator who narrates the Christmas story. I've seen videos, and hope to go one year.

Mooshu
10-04-2008, 07:53 AM
Isn't the CP typically held the first weekend of December? I was trying to check the past years updates, and I think that's when it usually is held....I haven't heard anything on tickets yet though

Malcon10t
10-04-2008, 08:01 AM
Isn't the CP typically held the first weekend of December? I was trying to check the past years updates, and I think that's when it usually is held....I haven't heard anything on tickets yet thoughIt is the 6th and 7th. Tickets generally have gone on sale in November. Release of the narrators hasn't been made yet.

jenniebean
10-04-2008, 10:24 AM
I couldn't find stuff about it on the Disneyland website (but, then again, I get easily frustrated with that site & tend to just give up:rolleyes:), but I had a few questions, since I've only walked by the CP in Epcot. I know the tickets are for seats, but because it's on Main Street, is there also first-come standing room for regular park guests? Or is it a private party like Mickey's ToT? How much are tickets generally?

thanks in advance :)

yohomama212
10-04-2008, 10:35 AM
It's during regular park hours so yes, there will be standing room available on Main Street. Get there early, don't ever leave. Have everyone in your group there. No potty rotations, no snack breaks, nothing. This gets scary crowded and people get really pushy through the whole thing. What a way to spread the Christmas Spirit! Last year we swore we were going to purchase tickets just so we didn't have to worry about the kids getting trampled, squashed, and threatened. Now we're not sure if that's going to be possible give DH's work situation. We're waiting for the announcement on who the narrator is to make a decision on the whole thing in general.

Elizabeth

Faery Queen
10-04-2008, 04:01 PM
So if you purchase tickets do they have a safe little path through the madness for you?

erinemc76
10-04-2008, 04:09 PM
How much do tickets generally go for?

Malcon10t
10-04-2008, 04:36 PM
How much do tickets generally go for?Depending on the level, $75 or $100 per person. If you are an AP, there is an additional level of $125.

aznewsboy
10-05-2008, 08:57 AM
So, if our first "day" in DL is Dec 7th(we will actually be entering late afternoon) what is the best plan if we want to avoid the CP at all costs. Will we still be let in? Or should we do DCA first instead?

We want to get those AP's at Costco so I was thinking we'd have to go get our picture taken & get our pass right away. If we got to a ticket booth to get our pass but still need to go somewhere on Main street for pictures that would be a zoo. We would enjoy the rest of DL if everyone else is on Main Street. Is it crowded in the lands when the CP is going on?

jenniebean
10-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Depending on the level, $75 or $100 per person. If you are an AP, there is an additional level of $125.

:eek: & that doesn't include park admission? (while I have an AP, I was going to ask if my friend wanted to come, too)

Malcon10t
10-05-2008, 02:58 PM
:eek: & that doesn't include park admission? (while I have an AP, I was going to ask if my friend wanted to come, too)That is in addition to Park Admission I believe. Otherwise it would be a great deal if it included park admission. Sort of like Fantasmic! seating, it is in addition to park admission.

Mooshu
10-05-2008, 06:31 PM
but does that price $75-$100 include dinner & a reserved seating ticket to CP?

Malcon10t
10-05-2008, 06:44 PM
but does that price $75-$100 include dinner & a reserved seating ticket to CP?The $75 price included Storytellers or Hook's Point dinners and seating to the CP last year. The $100 ticket included Steakhouse 55, Yamibuki, or the Vineyard room.

cstephens
10-05-2008, 08:44 PM
And you only have to purchase the tickets if you want dinner and reserved seats. You can see Candlelight without any extra money if you're just willing to wait to grab a good location.

erinemc76
10-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the info!

jenniebean
10-06-2008, 01:53 AM
The $75 price included Storytellers or Hook's Point dinners and seating to the CP last year. The $100 ticket included Steakhouse 55, Yamibuki, or the Vineyard room.

Ohhhhh! Well then... this might be a good Christmas gift for my carol-loving friend!

Mark Mywords
10-06-2008, 07:44 AM
And you only have to purchase the tickets if you want dinner and reserved seats. You can see Candlelight without any extra money if you're just willing to wait to grab a good location.

A few years back, we were able to wander into the park about 1/2 hour before the processional started and got a great spot to watch (over by the Opera House)!

yohomama212
10-06-2008, 09:32 AM
A few years back, we were able to wander into the park about 1/2 hour before the processional started and got a great spot to watch (over by the Opera House)!

Last year we were by the Opera House. Got there at least an hour before the processional started. My kids were nearly crushed, we only heard half of the concert, and my mom never actually saw Jane Seymour during the entire event. It was crowded and they were trying to squeezing in more people at the risk of those already there. We'll go again, it's that important to us. I'm just hoping we can some how swing the tickets so my kids aren't in danger again.

Elizabeth

K & S
10-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Last year we were by the Opera House. Got there at least an hour before the processional started. My kids were nearly crushed, we only heard half of the concert, and my mom never actually saw Jane Seymour during the entire event. It was crowded and they were trying to squeezing in more people at the risk of those already there. We'll go again, it's that important to us. I'm just hoping we can some how swing the tickets so my kids aren't in danger again.

Elizabeth

It's more than just affording the tickets, you also have to get through on the phone to make a reservation before they're booked. We've tried the past two years, but no luck.