PDA

View Full Version : ABC Soap Opera Bistro

Berry Princess
10-27-2002, 03:58 PM
I went this afternoon to go videotape what the place looks like before it closes next weekend. I'm glad we went when we did. It was great cause a couple of the people were doing an "act" and saw that I was recording and came up to the camera and all got up in it like saying they wanted their close up and stuff and fighting over it. I had hoped that I would be able to catch a couple of them doing whatever but didn't think I would so it was nice. And great that they played up the whole camera thing. LOL I'm really going to miss being able to have dinner there. My 4 yr old son and I always went there for dinner and they were always the greatest people working. Super special to my son too!! Probably why he loved going to eat there. :crying:

KarenW2
10-27-2002, 11:01 PM
Hi BP,
We were there to take pics today! Some people asked us if we were soap fans or something and we said no, we were just taking pics, cos the place was closing next week. So much time & effort went into the different "sets", we wanted to have some pics to remember the place by! We also got a pic of the sign that tells which sets come from which soaps, since we didn't know.

While talking to a couple CMs as we were waiting to play Play It!, we asked them about SOB. One said they were going to leave the kitchen intact, and both said it would be the playhouse thing only temporarily! When Tower opens in 2004, they said it would be turned back into a real restaurant, since they'll need one for all the hungry people who want to ride the best ride at MGM, when we get our own version!

Never know if the info they give CMs is correct or not, but it would be nice to see another restaurant back in its place.

So long SOB, I'll look forward to your new incarnation in 2004, if the info was correct!

melinda1955
10-28-2002, 04:23 AM
I didn't know that it was closing. My daughter took me there for lunch on my birthday this month as I have always wanted to go there. I am glad that we did. It was very nice as I am an All My Children soap fan. I find out so much info on this board. Well I hate to see it go and hope that they put something there just as interesting.

hbquikcomjamesl
10-28-2002, 07:43 AM
both said it would be the playhouse thing only temporarily!
Interesting, if true. Hopefully, if and when that happens, it will end up having a similar theme (albeit perhaps one less likely to scare off non-soap-opera-fans).

the best ride at MGM, when we get our own version
Hmm. I didn't know we were getting our own version of GMR.:D :p :D :p

Berry Princess
10-28-2002, 08:37 AM
When Tower opens in 2004, they said it would be turned back into a real restaurant, since they'll need one for all the hungry people who want to ride the best ride at MGM

If this is true then they should just leave it alone. I really have had better service and more friendly CMs then the Blue Bayou. And everytime I ate there it was a good amount of people eating. And I know not all were soap fans cause they would ask the CMS questions or say something and you could tell they weren't. I love ABC soaps so I really liked how it looked. And I am glad that I was able to get my parents to go with us in Aug and eat there. My dad doesn't like soaps but he enjoyed it. I think it was June that I saw an older couple there and they came ever week to eat dinner there which I thought was sweet. I'm sure it probably scares some people off but I don't think its to many. I bet the prices scared people off more then anything. LOL Which do they even have a cheap place to eat in DCA besides McD's? Or are all the places there high priced?

We also got a pic of the sign that tells which sets come from which soaps, since we didn't know.

I forgot to get that sign. Darn it. I got everything else but that. I had my hubby with me and he pointed out one thing I almost missed and I guess he wasn't paying attention then either. He was to busy telling the CMs how sad I was that they were leaving me. LOL

We also got a pic of the sign that tells which sets come from which soaps, since we didn't know.

They are supposedly putting in a Playhouse Disney show. Which I really think the last thing they need is another show at this point. I know they want to go as cheap as can be but they should put the money into it and just rip the inside of the Limo ride and put something kid like in there. I know there are people excited about this show coming but we really aren't.

Master K
10-28-2002, 11:41 AM
I hope it does come back as a restaurant, but I am glad that they are changing it.

Don't get me wrong, I love SOB, and I have gone 3 times in the last month to have a "last" meal there. But I have hated the concept. The whole Soap theme is much to limiting. It sould be simply the "ABC/Disney Bistro" with one Soap themed area, and other rooms based on other ABC shows or Disney movies.

Could you imagine improv stuff in Drew Carey's living room! I think a broader concept with the CM's doing scenes would be much more appealing.