PDA

View Full Version : Our friend, Paul Pressler

slaakker
07-03-2001, 08:51 PM
I just watched some video clips of the opening ceremony of DEP on another site (Sorry MP).

I thought it was very ironic that the short clip of music they played as Paul Pressler was announced and walked to the podium was "You never had a friend like me". Just something I noticed.:rolleyes:

On a side note, I thought the coverage and material on this site was outstanding. I love this site and would love to see the same caliber of material available to us here. Lots of pictures, video clips, and a transcript of the ceremony.

Please don't flame me for my critique of MP. This is my favorite site and just wanted to give some (Hopefully) helpful feedback.

EandCDad
07-04-2001, 04:52 AM
If you are critiquing MP in this post, I must be missing it.

Napsto
07-04-2001, 05:47 PM
i love mouseplanet.

DisneyFreak2000
07-04-2001, 05:56 PM
me too!

Lani
07-05-2001, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by slaakker
On a side note, I thought the coverage and material on this site was outstanding. I love this site and would love to see the same caliber of material available to us here. Lots of pictures, video clips, and a transcript of the ceremony.The site to which you refer, is considered a very devoted and dedicated fan site, and as such, you are bound to find a lot of comprehensive official information there, which was provided to them by official publicity channels.

MousePlanet on the other hand, has never tried to be a fan site, and as such, we need to be much more careful about materials we publish that Disney may deem a copyright infringement. Audio or video recordings of DEP (replete with copyrighted songs) probably fall into that category.

...of course, I'm not a lawyer. Never was, and I don't play one on TV. But if you wondered why some types of files don't show up here, it's probably because the lawyers told us not to. :cool:

EandCDad
07-05-2001, 10:03 AM
I will not try and put words in Lani's mouth. The following statement is mine and mine alone.

Basically, it sounds like a nice way of saying that mouseinfo is going to spout the Disney corporate line and because of that may get some benefits for being good lapdogs.

Again, I'm sure that Lani meant what she said and said what she meant. The above was my interpretation.

Lani
07-05-2001, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by EandCDad
Basically, it sounds like a nice way of saying that mouseinfo is going to spout the Disney corporate line and because of that may get some benefits for being good lapdogs. Oops -- well EandCDad, I guess I wasn't very clear on what I was talking about. It's TOTALLY my personal opinion of course, but seeing as MP is in the crosshairs of some folks at Disney, what I meant is that MP tries to be extremely conservative about posting any sound or video files online lest we be getting a call from legal eagles regarding even the tiniest whiff of a copyright infringement. :D Other sites may come to different conclusions about the posting of musical sound files and transcripts.

As for press releases and other information about the parade, I didn't mean to imply that the other site accessed special, or secret info that we didn't have access to. MP was also present as credentialed media at the parade, and we had identical access as everybody else. I didn't mean to imply that other sites had more access than we did.

EandCDad
07-05-2001, 05:37 PM
I stand corrected.

slaakker
07-05-2001, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the info. Like I said, I really do like this site. It's my favorite.

I am surprised though that the posting didn't get the comments on Paul Pressler like I thought it would. ;)

Lacrosse Boy
08-09-2001, 12:36 PM
I wish somebody performed magic on him so that he wouldn't be tight with budgets.

Doodle Duck
08-09-2001, 12:43 PM
Maybe we are just weary of the Pressler act. I know I am. You can only call up the Peter Principle so many times.
Pressler's music should have been The Fool On The Hill.

disneyhead
08-09-2001, 07:06 PM
I'm no PP fan, but the end result of his DCA concept would have had more acceptance if they would have stuck closer to the original budget.