PDA

View Full Version : watches for Haunted Mansion Holiday and "Nightmare" and "Nightmare" DVD

Pages : [1] 2

cstephens
08-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Just saw on DisneyGallery.com that a Haunted Mansion Holiday watch and a "Nightmare Before Christmas" watch is being released in the fall. Go to this link (http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x66995bceb&varPage=home) and scroll past the first two watches to see the two mentioned above. I don't think they've done a HMH watch since the last HMH event in 2004.

There's also going to be a release and signing for the new DVD release of "Nightmare Before Christmas", which has a special feature on HMH. Here's the link for more information. (http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/dlr_nbc_dvd_signing.html)

Wonder if they'll elaborate on this before the release date:

Guests that purchase the 15th Anniversary Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas Collectors Edition DVD will receive a gift with purchase.

yohomama212
08-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Okay, DH got a PS3 as a Blu-Ray disc player for Father's Day simply because I had heard about this release so needless to say I'm going to be at this for him.

I've read about the product releases being a bit crazy with line jumpers and all other kinds of insanity. What should I really expect? How early should I get there? I'm guessing that bringing the kids and the stroller wouldn't be a good idea. Anything else I need to know?

Elizabeth

MickeyM00C0w
08-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Okay, DH got a PS3 as a Blu-Ray disc player for Father's Day simply because I had heard about this release so needless to say I'm going to be at this for him.

I've read about the product releases being a bit crazy with line jumpers and all other kinds of insanity. What should I really expect? How early should I get there? I'm guessing that bringing the kids and the stroller wouldn't be a good idea. Anything else I need to know?

Elizabeth

Bring your husband as a body guard. I'm rather excited about this myself, but alas, I have no large male to bring along with me. :(

yohomama212
08-10-2008, 09:32 PM
I wish I could. Someone will need to stay home to watch the kids. Since I know he hates lines, crowds, and all that and this is a belated extension of his Father's Day gift, so I'll be the one "sacrificing" my morning for him. Maybe we could team up and protect each other? I'm pregnant and can be very intimidating in an Italian Momma kinda way!

Elizabeth

AVP
08-10-2008, 11:35 PM
I wish I could. Someone will need to stay home to watch the kids. Since I know he hates lines, crowds, and all that and this is a belated extension of his Father's Day gift, so I'll be the one "sacrificing" my morning for him. Maybe we could team up and protect each other? I'm pregnant and can be very intimidating in an Italian Momma kinda way!

ElizabethI'm planning to be there - the bonus features on this DVD sound worth it.

Here's the trick - if you don't care if you get the DVD signed, buy it anywhere but Disneyana. Seriously. People camped out for HOURS to buy the Pirates DVD at the World of Disney Store at 6am or some insane hour like that. Me? I waited until Disneyland opened, walked into the Showcase shop and bought it with no line, no wait. WoD had sold out of DVDs and were turning people away, and at least five other stores had the DVD and the Gift-with-Purchase and no line!

According to this event announcement, the "DVD's will be available at select merchandise locations, including the Disneyana Shop, and 20th Century Music Co." I'm sure DCA will also have it, either in Off the Page or in EngineEars Toys. There is NO reason to wait in some insane line unless you REALLY want that autograph.

AVP

cstephens
08-11-2008, 07:53 AM
I'm planning to be there - the bonus features on this DVD sound worth it.

Do you know if the special edition is only available at the resort?

AVP
08-11-2008, 08:12 AM
Do you know if the special edition is only available at the resort?I don't - I'm asking.

AVP

JeffG
08-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Do you know if the special edition is only available at the resort?

There are definitely new 2-disc DVD and Blu-Ray editions of the movie being released to regular retail stores on August 28th. I suppose it is possible that the supplements relating to Haunted Mansion Holiday might be exclusive to a version available at DLR only, although that would surprise me. On the other hand, those features aren't mentioned in the descriptions on the Disney DVD website or on Amazon.com.

-Jeff

yohomama212
08-11-2008, 01:20 PM
I'm planning to be there - the bonus features on this DVD sound worth it.

(snip)

According to this event announcement, the "DVD's will be available at select merchandise locations, including the Disneyana Shop, and 20th Century Music Co." I'm sure DCA will also have it, either in Off the Page or in EngineEars Toys. There is NO reason to wait in some insane line unless you REALLY want that autograph.

AVP

Okay, still really new to the technology here... DVD is one thing Blu-Ray is another, right? So when they say the DVD will be available elsewhere, that still means those of us who want the Blu-Ray disk set will still have to wait in line, autograph or not? Am I correct?

Elizabeth

Pumpkin King
08-11-2008, 07:18 PM
The way I read it is you only have to wait in line if you want the autograph. You may also need to wait for the "special gift".

DVD and Blu-Ray will be available at many retail locations. You can get it early (Aug 26) at the mentioned Disney locations.

JeffG
08-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Okay, still really new to the technology here... DVD is one thing Blu-Ray is another, right? So when they say the DVD will be available elsewhere, that still means those of us who want the Blu-Ray disk set will still have to wait in line, autograph or not? Am I correct?

Just to be clear, a Blu-Ray disc is a fairly new high-definition format. You have to have a Blu-Ray player (either a Sony PlayStation 3 or a dedicated Blu-Ray player) in order to play those discs. They won't work in standard DVD players and you also generally can't use a Blu-Ray player with an older standard-definition TV. If you just have a regular DVD player, then you want the DVD edition.

From what I've seen, it looks like the content of the two versions should be basically the same. The obvious difference, of course, is that the Blu-Ray version will have considerably better video and sound quality, assuming you have the equipment to play it.

-Jeff

yohomama212
08-11-2008, 08:06 PM

Elizabeth

Just to be clear, a Blu-Ray disc is a fairly new high-definition format. You have to have a Blu-Ray player (either a Sony PlayStation 3 or a dedicated Blu-Ray player) in order to play those discs. They won't work in standard DVD players and you also generally can't use a Blu-Ray player with an older standard-definition TV. If you just have a regular DVD player, then you want the DVD edition.

From what I've seen, it looks like the content of the two versions should be basically the same. The obvious difference, of course, is that the Blu-Ray version will have considerably better video and sound quality, assuming you have the equipment to play it.

-Jeff

Yup, got one of those! Specifically for the release of this version of the movie. DH is a HUGE Jack fan and it meant so much to him to get this gift. We've got the set-up to view it, we just need to get our new library going!

Elizabeth

olegc
08-11-2008, 09:47 PM
The way I read it is you only have to wait in line if you want the autograph. You may also need to wait for the "special gift".

that's what I was wondering about AVP's comment on not waiting in line. Can i get the free gift anywhere or only Disneyana and wait in the line?

AVP
08-15-2008, 12:05 AM
that's what I was wondering about AVP's comment on not waiting in line. Can i get the free gift anywhere or only Disneyana and wait in the line?Disneyana *may* be the only location to have the GWP - the final decision has not yet been made.

I was able to confirm that the national released DVD and Blu-Ray will have the Haunted Mansion Holiday bonus material.

AVP

cstephens
08-15-2008, 10:50 AM
I was able to confirm that the national released DVD and Blu-Ray will have the Haunted Mansion Holiday bonus material.

Thanks for getting that info. So it looks like unless people want the DVD signed or the gwp is really that cool (presuming they tell us what it is ahead of time), it's not necessary to have to get it from DLR.

ShirleyFilms
08-20-2008, 09:02 AM
I'm curious...

If they have leftovers of the "free gift", will they give them out the following day as well?... until they are gone?

I am scheduled to be at the park the day AFTER the event. And while I don't really care about the autograph, I might be interested in the "free gift". So. I am trying to decide if its worth showing up a day early.

AVP
08-20-2008, 09:09 AM
I'm curious...

If they have leftovers of the "free gift", will they give them out the following day as well?... until they are gone?Yes, and they may have the gift at more than one location, but at the moment that hasn't been determined.

AVP

yohomama212
08-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Darn it all! The only day that is going to work out to take my "niece" back for her final trip to DL this summer is Tuesday! Gah! Looks like I'm going to have to stand in line with her and the kids after all! Luckily she's a great kid and a big help!

Should I plan on being there when the park opens?

Elizabeth

Tinker Bell
08-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Is it me or is there no more GWP for this?

AVP
08-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Is it me or is there no more GWP for this?I believe you are correct, though I can't get confirmation until Monday.

AVP

olegc
08-25-2008, 10:54 AM
I believe you are correct, though I can't get confirmation until Monday.

AVP

any updates? thanks

ShirleyFilms
08-25-2008, 11:33 AM
Just wondering myself...

AVP
08-25-2008, 12:19 PM
any updates? thanksStill waiting.

AVP

AVP
08-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Here's the latest:

The GWP was pulled, so there will be no GWP at any location.

The three special guests will be signing a "signature card," not the DVD itself.

And that's all I know.

AVP

olegc
08-25-2008, 01:38 PM
Here's the latest:
The GWP was pulled, so there will be no GWP at any location.
The three special guests will be signing a "signature card," not the DVD itself.
And that's all I know.

AVP

wow.... who's gonna line up for that? I can see why the artist for Happiest Street on Earth did a signature card (no mini-prints). but not signing a DVD?

someone who owns right must have said no, or because the DVD and packaging are black they did not want to sign? (there are such things as silver metallic pens...). Who knows but that's a shame.