PDA

View Full Version : A 3rd park hinted to the DLR said Ed Grier...

Westcotx2012
08-10-2008, 07:58 AM
:)After a Succesfull 2005,"the 50th anniversary celebration" we want the momentum to keep going with the expansion coming to DCA and the new Garden walk at anaheim next to disneyland we have 88 acres to add a third park.....plus coming to October a new tinkerbell attraction comong to disneyland... and the Indiana Jones Stunt show coming to disneyland... as well as the new it's a small world ride with disney and pixar characters in them

Malcon10t
08-10-2008, 08:04 AM
:rolleyes:

Bytebear
08-10-2008, 08:07 AM
Yeah, this is a little old. Ed Grier got a lot of flack for calling the upcoming Tinker Bell meet-and-greet (replacing Arial) a "attraction." Sales are really low this year, and the Garden Walk is a total flop, so I wouldn't expect a third park anytime soon. They need to fix DCA first, and that won't happen until at least 2011.

Personally, I think they should buy Wild Rivers in Irvine.

Malcon10t
08-10-2008, 08:12 AM
I guess he hasn't been to Disneyland in a long time and hasn't seen the Indy Stunt show. The Tinkerbell meet and greet, well, you know.... And not a lot of people are thrilled with them messing with IASW. The Garden Walk isn't the greatest. And the 88 acres isnt exactly "next" to Disneyland.

MickeyM00C0w
08-10-2008, 08:49 AM
I guess he hasn't been to Disneyland in a long time and hasn't seen the Indy Stunt show. The Tinkerbell meet and greet, well, you know.... And not a lot of people are thrilled with them messing with IASW. The Garden Walk isn't the greatest. And the 88 acres isnt exactly "next" to Disneyland.

I was about to say, if DLR has 88 acres floating around, it had damn well better be in the sky, because I don't see anything that big near by. And the Garden Walk has been getting substantial attention as of late. Personally, in the beginning of summer I had no clue what that area was, now I constantly have friends and family talk about it.

adikted2disney
08-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Ok... someone help me out here... where is the Garden Walk exactly and what is it? (a walk through a garden, I'm guessing here?) :confused:

adriennek
08-10-2008, 08:52 AM
It's a mall/shopping center, east of Disneyland sort of beyond Harbor as I understand it.

Adrienne

Malcon10t
08-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Ok... someone help me out here... where is the Garden Walk exactly and what is it? (a walk through a garden, I'm guessing here?) :confused:Its sort of an outdoor mall. Gardenwalk runs between Disney Way and Katella parallel to Clementine way.

mohavewolfpup
08-10-2008, 01:36 PM
how about a payraise mr grier? my 10.50/hour totally sucks and would like a word with you before you go off building another mega plushie/princess dumpster retail zone, i mean 3rd amusement park

Another Dimension
08-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Garden Walk is a 'starter mall/entertainment/commercial-residential location' a short walk across Harbor Blvd.
East of the Disneyland Resort.

Bordered by Harbor, Magic Way, Clementine and Katella.

It's a sort of interesting place... but it's not done yet, not full of tenants, not full of shops/restaurants, not lush, not shadey, not garden-like, not popular and really not that great so far.
Which I really didn't expect all of to happen within it's opening season.
But it's a good start IMO...

The place is barely a month old and some 'critics' already want it as popular, lush, shadey, developed, and as perfect their local mall or even Disneyland itself, precisely at opening, or a very short time afterwards.
Just like Disneyland, their local mall... and every other mall in Orange County all were.
:rolleyes:

Anyway...

I've been there once, for a little while, to see Dark Knight, but I plan to go back again soon to try a some places to eat and check out some the shops.

The IMAX at Anaheim's Garden Walk, is HIGHLY recommended.