PDA

View Full Version : Halloween at Disneyland

melinda1955
10-26-2002, 11:54 AM
Can anyone tell me what is planned for Holloween night at Disneyland Resort? I have a 7 yr old daughter and I thought it would be fun to go there. Thanks

Morrigoon
10-26-2002, 12:15 PM
Not really.

Grandbreaker
10-26-2002, 06:54 PM
I will find out. I do know that DL is closing at 8pm and DCA at 6pm

melinda1955
10-27-2002, 11:28 AM
Thanks for your help.:)

dsnyredhead
10-27-2002, 12:53 PM
DL typically doesn't do that much for Halloween. The holiday is typically much more celebrated at Knott's Berry Farm or Magic Mountain (though it is probably not the best type of celebration for youngsters as it tends to be more on the teenage/adult type scary stuff).

This is the second year that Disneyland has the "Nightmare before Christmas" haunted mansion. They run that through christmas and you can ride it for at least the next two months.

I don't know if they are planning anything special this year or not.

Darkbeer
10-27-2002, 03:54 PM
Actually, Knott's offers Camp Spooky for the young kids during the daytime (regular park hours). Not scary.

Knott's Scary Farm a.k.a. Halloween Haunt, the after-hours event is NOT recommend for kids!

stan4d_steph
10-27-2002, 04:06 PM
The only thing I've heard is that there will be villains roaming about. I have heard Maleficent will be in the park.

Morrigoon
10-27-2002, 04:17 PM
Melinda:
If you have APs and live close by, take her trick or treating, then take her to the park later. If you're not local, don't bother with DL, OR- Take her to DL for the day, go back to your hotel, change, take her trick or treating in a nearby neighborhood (drive west on Katella to Brookhurst, there's some neighborhood areas there), then back to the park after sunset.

But with a small kid, don't count on DL as being a great Halloween destination. At least not until they reinstate Mickey's Halloween Treat.

melinda1955
10-28-2002, 04:18 AM
Thanks for all of your replies. We are ap holders, so I just thought it might be fun if Dland does something to go there for a change. We live pretty close by. But it doesn't sound like much is going on so we will probably go around our house. I was looking on the Disney website but since nothing is there I knew I would get the help I need here. Thanks again all.

ChipmunkStar
10-28-2002, 07:11 AM
The Villainshave taken over the Character Walk area in Small World Mall (YES! A location!).

Villains previously seen by myself and others:

Ratcliffe
Snow Hag
Big Bad Wolf
Frollo
Jafar
Stromboli
Captain Hook (with a guest appearance by Mr Smee, not there usually, though)
Snow Queen
Cruella DeVille

It's fun if your kid doesn't freak easily, as the characters do look rather mean and menacing. Also, rumors floating among the department incluide that Goliath (from Gargoyles) and/or Malificent migtmake an appearance on Halloween. (I would love to see Goliath, I hear he's like 7 feet tall, six feet wide. . . and that's with his wings closed!)

Upanova
10-28-2002, 09:14 AM
OH COOL! Villains take over Disneyland, very sweet!

Last year we did see Malificent walk down through the castle alongside the Carnations Gardens path. We stopped her for a picture, it was way cool! I'd never seen Villians in broad daylight before in the Park, usually they are in a parade or something like that, but Malificent was AWESOME looking! Great costume, and she had the perfect face and sneer to go along with it! ;-)

Upanova