PDA

View Full Version : Is this is something new?

teri
10-26-2002, 09:47 AM
I got a call from the DLR Guest Services yesterday, asking if I wanted to make PS reservations, if we had any celebrations going on, if I wanted any treats or Disney Dollars in the rooms for the kids when we arrived at the GC next Friday. That was cool! This hasn't happened before... is it just the way I made this particular reservation through DLR reservations instead of Travelocity or a travel agency? I actually have 2 ressies, one through DVC and one through DLR, and she was only calling for the DLR ressie.

I have to add, she was so pleasant and cheerful, and I was so stressed out at that moment, that she managed to turn my day around. :) Just being reminded that I was going to be at Disneyland next Friday....

Twinsmom
10-26-2002, 07:54 PM
I heard of this service through a friend who has recently stayed at GCH. Since we are staying during the holidays, I called and was told they could have a Christmas tree in the room for us, stockings hung, our favorite character ornaments, and pretty much anything I could think of down to pajamas, waiting in our room upon arrival. (Of course, this is all available at a price...:p )

I think it is a great personal service to offer and makes your stay extra nice, just a bit pricey for some items! Have fun next week! I have 58 days to go....

Morrigoon
10-26-2002, 07:57 PM
a christmas tree? That's a heck of a service! (seriously, even for a price)

Twinsmom
10-27-2002, 08:30 AM
For those of you interested and staying on-site, you can call this number to arrange for anything your heart desires during your stay at DL. 714-956-6833

And FYI, I am trying out the Christmas tree during my family's stay so I will let you know the scoop after my trip! (My husband will probably divorce me if he finds out the cost -- but you only live once so it might as well be MAGICAL.....) Can you imagine the looks on my little one's faces when we open the door to our room!
;)

Morrigoon
10-27-2002, 04:38 PM
What exactly IS the cost btw?

tabacco
10-27-2002, 05:13 PM
And where does the tree go? I don't remember those rooms being THAT big :)

mousey_girl
10-27-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
And where does the tree go? I don't remember those rooms being THAT big :)

I was wondering the same thing.

Also were the reservations for a "standard" room or the concierge level?

teri
10-27-2002, 06:47 PM
My ressie is an AP rate -- $169 for a Downtown Disney View room. The DVC ressie is for a standard room, but the service offered was the same.

Twinsmom
10-27-2002, 06:57 PM
What I can tell you so far is this -- Standard, double queen room with a daybed, definitely not concierge during peak rates, and the cost is to be called back to me by Friday. I called about 2 weeks ago and was advised all that could be offered and told the "pricing" for the holiday items would be available by November 1st, as they were currently "developing" the list.

My assumption of "pricey" is just based on past WDW experience, so you know like 30% more than normally available, I am guessing! Anyhow, maybe they will offer something in the Charlie Brown range....

:D

stinkerbell
10-27-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
And where does the tree go? I don't remember those rooms being THAT big :) Bah! My thoughts exactly! :) My friend, kisroo, just got back from her honeymoon. They stayed concierge level, and their room was sooo tiny. But I didn't say anything......until just now!!! ;) She got a lot of nice services, though.

I'd love to see one of their trees. How sweet! And what memories your children will have of a Christmas Day at Disneyland. We plan to do this some year, too. And no better place to do it, than on DLR property. Just walking through the GCH at Christmastime last year was so great.

Enjoy! :cool:

Twinsmom
11-05-2002, 02:52 PM
Just an update -- Vacation Planning called me yesterday to say that they are still working on the Christmas pricing for all the items to add to the rooms for the holidays. I will let you know when I hear!

Twinsmom
11-19-2002, 05:44 PM
Vacation planning called me back today with the items available for Christmas at the resort hotels. Here's the scoop, according to "Christian", I could purchase a 3 foot, fully decorated, artificial tree with collectible ornaments and 4 plush (like the beanies) toys on the tree in either a Victorian or Magical theme for the price of $150.00. You take the tree with you on your departure and the resort will help to box it up for travel. I asked about the location of the tree in the room and it will be placed on the table.

I could also purchase stockings for the children in either a Mickey or Princess theme with a few toys/candies in them for $75.00 each.

Lastly offered to me was the special tour of DL/MK for $39.00 per person, which includes a special walking tour, 2 fast pass rides, special seating at Minnie's Christmas Party and also reserved seating for the Parade with hot chocolate.

Additionally, when you make arrangements through Vacation Planning for special services, they also offer to go ahead and take your meal reservations for you! Yea! We already have our reservations for Blue Bayou on Christmas Eve (first seating of course!). I will let you guys know later how everything turns out!;)

stinkerbell
11-19-2002, 10:46 PM
All those services sound so wonderful. You'll have to let us know what you were able to do and how it goes. I love the tour idea and the tree sounds wonderful. I can't wait to be filthy rich someday and do it all. ;) :D

Twinsmom
11-20-2002, 06:07 AM
I should have said that I ordered the "Magical" tree and the tour for our family. We skipped the stockings. I will try and post a picture of the tree and kids when we return. I am only concerned about the tree truly getting packed up and carried on the airplane! Other than the fact hubby will have a stroke when he finds out what I spent. Well, you only live once.....

:cool:

mad4mky
11-20-2002, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Twinsmom
I should have said that I ordered the "Magical" tree and the tour for our family. We skipped the stockings. I will try and post a picture of the tree and kids when we return. I am only concerned about the tree truly getting packed up and carried on the airplane! Other than the fact hubby will have a stroke when he finds out what I spent. Well, you only live once.....

:cool:

Just tell him you are "Making Memories" for the family...

Tell him, many years from now, when your children are older and perhaps even have children of their own...they will still talk about and share their memories of this special Christmas at DLR!
**That's how I got my hubby to agree to get our kids to WDW in 2000. They'll always remember what they did in 2000 to celebrate the new century and millenium...

You are "Making Memories"...:D

jslivinski
11-27-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Twinsmom
I am only concerned about the tree truly getting packed up and carried on the airplane! It might be worth looking into shipping it home. Either by bringing it to post office/shipper yourself or if Disney will ship for you.

Twinsmom
11-27-2002, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the advice on shipping! I most likely will ask for help from the hotel on this one! We will not have a rental car and I sure don't really want something else to carry home on the plane. (I have already packed an empty duffle type suitcase just for all the goodies we will buy while visiting!) I can't wait!

mousey_girl
12-02-2002, 05:15 AM
Well, I guess this is something they don't do for every GCH guest. We leave first thing Wed morning for 3 nights at GCH. I kept waiting/hoping for one of these calls, so far nothing. I will call the guest services number later today and request a couple of things for our stay. I was hoping they would call me, since they didn't I will call them. I just hope this is not an omen of how we will be treated during our stay.

I am more than a bit nervous about staying at GCH after reading how others were treated based on their apperance. When we go places like this it is not to participate in a fashion show, but to have a good time. I only hope we aren't shunned or judged.