PDA

View Full Version : Parade of the Stars Pin on Ebay

redrhino
10-25-2002, 06:48 PM
About a week ago, my 8 year old daughter and I were in the parade (she got to be paired with Mushu which made her day)
and we got the Blue Fairy pin for participating in the parade.

The castmember made a point of mentioning that we should not sell the pins on ebay.

Honestly, that idea would not have occured to me unless she had mentioned the possibility.

Out of curiosity, have those of you who have participated in the parade received similar admonitions against selling the pin on ebay?

Or ... have any of you actually sold the pin on ebay? How much is this pin worth?

All the best ...

[Moderator's Note: Edited to remove "signature image." - Bill]

MammaSilva
10-25-2002, 07:29 PM
my niece and a friends little sister were in the PoS last June and got the same 'warning' ....the pin on ebay goes for anywhere between 10 to 20 bucks...depending on how many are listed at the time, the time of month it's listed and a host of other variables.......if you got pictures of your daughter in the parade I suggest you take her pin and mount it in a collage picture frame with pictures of her in the parade in the other "spots" ....since I am a "memory/picture" fiend I even saved my nieces name tag and incorporated that into her collage, it hangs in her room and she is so so proud of it....

zapppop
10-25-2002, 08:06 PM
I have nine 45 Years Of Magic Parade Of the Stars Pins and I earned each and everyone legitimately. Of course, now some of the CM's from that parade know me by name. Anywho, I would never sell, auction or trade them.

redrhino
10-25-2002, 08:50 PM
Mamasilva ...
That is a great idea. Unfortunately, Pooh and Piglet were between Caroline (daughter) and Kateri (mom with camera) so we are not really sure (yet) whether any of the photos will come out.

This might be a good excuse to volunteer her to be in the parade again!

Zapppop ... do you find that the CMs in the parade are pleased that you repeatedly volunteer. I am somewhat afraid that if we volunteer two times in three days this next trip (so that we are sure of getting a good photo or two) the CMs will be reluctant to let us board the bus.

All the best ...

[Moderator's Note: Edited to remove "signature image." - Bill]

zapppop
10-26-2002, 05:27 AM
I volunteer on weekdays. Sometimes on weekdays the CM's have more trouble getting people to participate, so I just follow them along the parade route and if they're short a few people, then I get in. I've done it on weekends when they have a completely new cast of CM's that don't know who I am. They try to get people who have never done it before but if they're short a few guests, then it's easy to get in. They will not let you participate in both performances on the same day.

Sailor Butterfly
10-26-2002, 06:57 AM
Just out of curiosity, would it actually be illegal to sell them?

Alpha1mom
10-26-2002, 07:13 AM
Hi,

I got my POS Guest Performer's Blue Fairy Pin when I traded with a CM! She just had one on her lanyard!

I have seen them on Ebay for $4.00 - $6.00

Alex S.
10-26-2002, 08:51 AM
I really think a new abbreviation is needed for Parade of Stars, every time I see POS, I think something else.

No, it wouldn't be illegal to sell the pins. If they made you sign some contract promising not to sell them there might be civil recourse, but I seriously doubt Disney would ever do such a thing.

Sailor Butterfly
10-26-2002, 03:09 PM
So then that "warning" should ring a little hollow.