PDA

View Full Version : Will DCA have fireworks on the 4th?

SimpTwister
07-03-2001, 03:16 PM
Will DCA have fireworks on the 4th?

I hope so, because I think a lack of fireworks would pretty much negate any crowds that would have come for the Electrical Parade...

WizKidRyan
07-03-2001, 05:55 PM
Supposedly they are doing extended fireworks this year. The 9:25 start time sort of points towards that.

SimpTwister
07-03-2001, 06:38 PM
...so you're sayingthat DCA will have fireworks on the 4th beginning at 9:25?

TP2000
07-03-2001, 07:03 PM
DCA won't have "fireworks" exactly.

You can see the Disneyland fireworks from many places in DCA, and you can certainly hear the booms and crackles. What you can't hear is the soundtrack that is piped all over Disneyland.

If you watch the 4th of July fireworks from DCA, you will just be seeing the Disneyland fireworks show over the fence, without any soundtrack or music.

This happens every night now that Disneyland has gone to it's summer fireworks schedule.

If fireworks are important to you on the 4th, I would save DCA and the Electrical Parade for later, and head on over to Disneyland where they know how to celebrate the 4th of July correctly.

SimpTwister
07-03-2001, 07:20 PM
Oohh... That's bad.

I'm thinking many people who go to DCA on the 4th will just kind of absent-mindedly expect a fireworks show.

When they figure out they ain't getting one, they may be upset...

I could be wrong, but if I paid $43... uh, even $33 to go to a theme park on the 4th, I'd expect fireworks.

SimpTwister
07-03-2001, 08:26 PM
OK, I did some research. Here's what other Southern California theme parks are offering for the 4th (all info is from the parks' websites):

SeaWorld

Every night the sky will light up with a dazzling Red, Bright and Blue Fireworks Spectacular, San Diego's only nightly fireworks display. An extended fireworks presentation on the Fourth of July will be simulcast on Star 100.7 radio, synchronized to a patriotic soundtrack.

Knott's

CELEBRATE FREEDOM ON THE FOURTH WITH FIREWORKS AND FREE TEES!
Don't miss Knott's Berry Farm's Firework Spectacular on the 4th of July at 9:00pm, Edison International ElectroBlast show at 9:45pm and all kids (3-11) receive a FREE Snoopy's Rockin' Summer T-shirt July 4, 5, and 6th. (While supplies last.)

Magic Mountain

July 4th
STRICTLY USA
Six Flags Magic Mountain will hold a celebration of xtreme proportions complete with a parade and fireworks that will thrill the entire family. Enjoy Dixie bands and a "Proud To Be An American" Fireworks Salute! Don't forget the all-you-can-eat picnic buffet for $8.95. It's fried chicken with all the fixings', jazz bands, dancing, entertainment plus the fireworks extravaganza!

Legoland (This is from a 2000 press release, I assume 2001 will be similar)

The Fourth of July celebration at LEGOLAND® California will be a star-spangled, red, white and blue 12-hour kid power extravaganza of building, fireworks, color, music and dance!

...but nothing for DCA?

C'mon, guys. I know you have zillions of shells lying around. Take a bunch of 'em out into Timon, or behind California Screamin' tomorrow night, and give DCA guests a reason to go home happy.

EandCDad
07-06-2001, 03:41 PM
So what happened with fireworks, yea or nay?

cstephens
07-06-2001, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by SimpTwister
I could be wrong, but if I paid $43... uh, even $33 to go to a theme park on the 4th, I'd expect fireworks.

Anyone know if each of the WDW parks has fireworks for the fourth of July?

SimpTwister
07-06-2001, 06:09 PM
Each of the WDW parks has nightly fireworks anyway, except DAK, which closes early (and they probably don't want to disturb the animals).

It's just amazing to me that DCA has no nightly pyro show. (Forget the 4th, it's over)

A new park, with half the attractions of the park across the esplenade, also must compete with Fantasmic! -and- Believe in the evening.

They should have put Fantasmic! on hiatus and opened a new show of a similar scale in DCA this past spring.

I still think it's inevitable that DCA will get some kind of Paradise Bay pyro/light show. You'd think it would be there by now, though...

DisneyFreak2000
07-06-2001, 06:17 PM
I'm pretty sure that DCA is going to most likely get a lagoon show within the next year. I hope it'll be along the scales of Illuminations at Epcot. That way each park will have a unique version of nighttime entertainment.

Rok
07-06-2001, 09:01 PM
They used to have a great fireworks show on the water at Knotts when I was a wee pup. I would love to see something similar at DCA on a larger scale.

Originally posted by DisneyFreak2000
I'm pretty sure that DCA is going to most likely get a lagoon show within the next year. I hope it'll be along the scales of Illuminations at Epcot. That way each park will have a unique version of nighttime entertainment.

cstephens
07-09-2001, 07:48 AM
Each of the WDW parks has nightly fireworks anyway, except DAK, which closes early (and they probably don't want to disturb the animals).

Where are you getting this information? According to the official website, the Magic Kingdom is the only park that has Fantasy in the Sky fireworks. Neither Epcot nor Disney/MGM have any fireworks listed in their schedules.

They should have put Fantasmic! on hiatus and opened a new show of a similar scale in DCA this past spring.

A few people on various boards have mentioned this, but I don't see how that's feasible. There is nowhere in DCA to support a show like Fantasmic. The Paradise Pier lagoon cannot handle either Fantasmic or Illuminations, as someone else has mentioned wanting.

SimpTwister
07-09-2001, 11:36 AM
Epcot has IllumiNations nightly, and the Studios has Fantasmic! (though I must admit when I posted, I was thinking of the old Sorcery in the Sky).

Maybe they couldn't do Fantamic! or IllumiNations in DCA, but they could (and I'm thinking, will) do an original nighttime pyro show over/around Paradise Bay.

cstephens
07-09-2001, 11:58 AM
Epcot has IllumiNations nightly, and the Studios has Fantasmic! (though I must admit when I posted, I was thinking of the old Sorcery in the Sky).

Neither Illuminations nor Fantasmic is "nightly fireworks". They're both shows that happen to contain pyrotechnics. Anyone who was at Disney/MGM who was not at the Fantasmic shows would not have seen fireworks on the 4th. People seem to be complaining that anyone going to DCA would have expected fireworks and would have only been able to see DL's fireworks from across the promenade. My point is that I don't see the difference between that and what happens at WDW, but no one seems to complain about the same thing happening at WDW, only when it happens at DCA.

Ralph Wiggum
07-09-2001, 12:21 PM
I know i am mr. positive when it comes to things but honestly, besides not having the music, the views from many places inside DCA are excellent. I saw the show from there on friday right near the entrance to the torilla place and it almost looks like the fireworks are being set off over the esplanade.