PDA

View Full Version : Could it be... Pirates of the Caribbean not being refurbed?

Pages : [1] 2

craftyladyca
08-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Has anyone else noticed that POTC is no longer on the October refurb calendar at disney.com? I am trying not to get my hopes up, as I have been super disappointed since they announced it would be closed for my 10/22-10/26 trip! (But I am getting a bit excited...)

villainLove
08-05-2008, 05:34 PM
I looked today also and noticed that it was no longer on the calender for our stay (10/20-24). Hoping that it is correct...

AVP
08-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Very, very interesting. Pirates is off the list, but New Orleans Square Railroad Station and Big Thunder Ranch were added.

AVP

mohavewolfpup
08-05-2008, 09:06 PM
i'll ask the mechanics when I go back to work thursday what's going on if you guys want

foolishmortal
08-05-2008, 10:52 PM
i'll ask the mechanics when I go back to work thursday what's going on if you guys want

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

disneyprincessLV
08-06-2008, 06:35 PM
I just saw the PTOC was taken off the refurbishment schedule for start date of 10-13-08. I do not see a reschedule refurb. date in the near future.

(i am pretty excited, i really wanted my DS to experience this ride, after all, this is a classic)

olegc
08-06-2008, 10:49 PM
I have to think they are concerned that with closures to other parts of NOS, and maybe the Haunted Mansion slurry fix - they need things to do on the west side. it sounded like from several reports on the web that the entire NOS and West Side were going to be mostly shuttered for a while. so - essentially - a walk through to get to the critter country area. I can't remember the details but it seemed so odd to have such an aggressive schedule.

From what I recall Pirates is usually a spring refurb. HM in september and Jan is closed, Matterhorn is a September, etc. that's approximately every year (I did not look at the current schedule). As AVP said - interesting... wonder what's up?

mohavewolfpup
08-07-2008, 10:07 AM
I have to think they are concerned that with closures to other parts of NOS, and maybe the Haunted Mansion slurry fix - they need things to do on the west side. it sounded like from several reports on the web that the entire NOS and West Side were going to be mostly shuttered for a while. so - essentially - a walk through to get to the critter country area. I can't remember the details but it seemed so odd to have such an aggressive schedule.

From what I recall Pirates is usually a spring refurb. HM in september and Jan is closed, Matterhorn is a September, etc. that's approximately every year (I did not look at the current schedule). As AVP said - interesting... wonder what's up?

not sure about the rest of the plumbing infrastructure (bathrooms,etc) but the kitchen plumbing is rotten, very rotten in the new orleans area. Maybe all the kitchens need to be shuttered so it can be all tackled at once and replaced. It is in *dire* need of it.

didn't get a chance to ask the pirates mechanic guy, he wasn't in, different guys

Tan Da Man
08-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Maybe they took Pirates off so they can put Indiana on..I was there last week for 4 days and 2 days it was not open at all and the other two it was maybe open for half the day each day

IdahoMike
08-07-2008, 02:19 PM
I wouldn't expect to see Indy on the refurb calendar anytime soon, from what I read. Basically, it sounds like any issues that Indy has are not mechanical or structural, but rather, software issues in the individual vehicles, so as long as they have a decent number of jeeps running, it can stay open no problem.

Boo's Mommy
08-07-2008, 02:46 PM
not sure about the rest of the plumbing infrastructure (bathrooms,etc) but the kitchen plumbing is rotten, very rotten in the new orleans area. Maybe all the kitchens need to be shuttered so it can be all tackled at once and replaced. It is in *dire* need of it.

didn't get a chance to ask the pirates mechanic guy, he wasn't in, different guys

Everytime we've been to DL in the past 3 years, there has always been a strong sewage smell in NOS, a little as you head towards Pooh's corner, but definitely in NOS. Just figured the system was never sized for the capacity it sees today and starts backing up from the early morning.

houseofmouse
08-07-2008, 03:37 PM
I don't see Big Thunder or the train station on the list for the 19th-23rd of Oct.

TheDisneyDude
08-08-2008, 12:12 PM
I have to say I always check the DL website before I go to the park to see what rides are undergoing refurb. I would never go to the park if Pirates Of The Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, or Space Mountain were under construction because these are must do's at the park for me.

ChurroGirl
08-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Kinda bummed NOS RR station is out, I love sitting there just to relax, I know weird.

But thank goodness they are hopefully going to fix the sewage issues. The restrooms in the back corner of NOS always smelled really bad...

mohavewolfpup
08-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Rumor has it a ton of rides after the holidays are going down for refurbs, most of new orleans supposedly will look like a ghost town. Haunted Mansion might be getting brand new carpet all through out it's building, and many more. Beware when visiting during the parks off season ;)

still no word on pirates yet, haven't seen the mechanic in I usually ask the questions ;)

mohavewolfpup
08-10-2008, 05:50 AM
New boats will just be randomly added, no need for a downtime. Supposedly it had a major enough renovation 3 years ago. Enjoy your vacation :)

LdyApxr
08-10-2008, 02:01 PM
I always thought that the stench in NOS was just a part of the NO ambiance? LOL Then again, I think that Soarin' over CA should have smog smell when they hit the city too. LOL

mohavewolfpup
08-11-2008, 06:49 AM
i'm trying to picture (or smell rather) the new orleans smell. I know there is the adventureland one near the golden horseshoe. Maybe I just work around it too much. Where abouts is it smelled? on the train approaching new orleans?

bamato
08-11-2008, 06:57 AM
I was so excited to read this!! :):):) I called my wife and she dropped the phone she was so excited they cancelled the refurb. We were REALLY bummed out cause our vacation was three days after the initial closure date. :D

mohavewolfpup
08-11-2008, 06:59 AM
oh while I remember: club 33 update.

Apparently they went around last week in a part of it near the bathrooms punching holes in the floor in a office looking for drain pipes... (assuming here) after the holiday season it might be going down and the bathrooms are going to finally get handicapped stalls in them. good news for the disabled guests...

MoKat72
08-11-2008, 07:20 AM
Everytime we've been to DL in the past 3 years, there has always been a strong sewage smell in NOS, a little as you head towards Pooh's corner, but definitely in NOS. Just figured the system was never sized for the capacity it sees today and starts backing up from the early morning.

Forgive me for temporarily becoming a 12 year old boy, but "strong sewage smell near Pooh's corner"? HEEE!

Sorry about that.

mohavewolfpup
08-11-2008, 09:23 AM

far end corner of the shop near the splash mountain exit?

christina
08-12-2008, 08:32 AM
I'm trying not to get my hopes up but this would be fantastic news if it is true!! POC is my favorite ride and I was going to be pretty sad if it was closed during our trip. Crossing fingers.....

Boo's Mommy
08-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Forgive me for temporarily becoming a 12 year old boy, but "strong sewage smell near Pooh's corner"? HEEE!

Sorry about that.

far end corner of the shop near the splash mountain exit?

Yes and Yes.

No worries MoKat, I thought of that right after I hit submit and just decided to go with it.

Mohavewolfpup - yup, the far corner. It's never a strong smell, I just get a "whiff" of it every now and then.

lovindisney
08-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Sorry if I missed a thread on this already. A couple of weeks ago I know that on the DL website it said that POTC was going to be closed as of 10/13, but I just checked it again because we are going to be there the 11th thru the 15th (I was sad because I thought we'd have to go on it on the 12th only due to the closure) and I check from the 11th thru the 15th and it wasn't listed on the refurb list anymore for any of those days. Is it common to change the dates like that? Do you think it will still be closed? I hope not. My son is in his pirate stage and I think he's going to LOVE it and want to ride it everyday.