PDA

View Full Version : Has the discount for APs changed?

Pages : [1] 2

Smorri
08-05-2008, 06:39 AM
A couple of weeks ago on a visit to Disney, my wife was buying a drink and the CM asked for her AP for a discount. My wife told the CM that she thought the discount was only for purchases over $10. The CM replied that the policy had recent changed. However, later on another CM said there had been no policy change that she was aware of.

Does anyone here know if there was a policy change concerning the discount available for AP holders?

Smorri

fredc
08-05-2008, 09:27 AM
I have been a PAP holdeer for as long as they have existed and I usually eat alone. For 90% of the time I have gotten the food discount (at the listed locations) no matter how much I spend. Most of the time my bill for breakfast, lunch or snack is under $10.00. Originally the $10.00 minimum was for merchandise purchases only. Some food cashiers and Guest services have told me it applies to food also but I have almost always gotten a discount and recently they have even started asking you.

ScottC4746
09-05-2008, 06:02 AM
A couple of weeks ago on a visit to Disney, my wife was buying a drink and the CM asked for her AP for a discount. My wife told the CM that she thought the discount was only for purchases over $10. The CM replied that the policy had recent changed. However, later on another CM said there had been no policy change that she was aware of.

Does anyone here know if there was a policy change concerning the discount available for AP holders?

Smorri
I have not seen uniformity on the policy. Red Rocket Pizza seems to be the only place that things a black and white. All other places have been with that attitude that they are still going to make a very heafty profit on the purchase even with a discount so they discount. Also I experianced and bland and white issue at the Stagedoor Canteen. The juice bar (can't remember the name) at Tiki room is the ONLY place the CM has asked if I had an AP. I have spoken to leads about the issue at RRP and SC and they have sided with me saying there is no minimum.

lofosho
09-05-2008, 06:11 PM
I have been a PAP holdeer for as long as they have existed and I usually eat alone. For 90% of the time I have gotten the food discount (at the listed locations) no matter how much I spend. Most of the time my bill for breakfast, lunch or snack is under $10.00. Originally the $10.00 minimum was for merchandise purchases only. Some food cashiers and Guest services have told me it applies to food also but I have almost always gotten a discount and recently they have even started asking you.

Sometimes they say I can't use it, and sometimes I can. I think it depends on the CM you get.

yohomama212
09-05-2008, 06:58 PM
I've also gotten inconsistent applications of the discount. Sometimes I get it at Market House, sometimes not. I've never gotten it at the Tiki Room Juice Bar but I've heard of others getting it. At this point I've been to the parks so many times on my pass I figure my admission is free so I can pay the extra $2 here or there.

Elizabeth

ChurroGirl
09-05-2008, 07:03 PM
We just got ours in March! Yeah! I know we live in AZ and have PAP's but hey we have plans to go almost every month in 09' so we fig'ed its worth it!

BUT anywho back on topic... Almost everywhere we purchased something or something to eat, including Market House, we were able to use it. We have never gotten a Dole Whip so I dont know about that. When you get your AP they give you a little list of where you can and cant use your pass:D

I do have to say though that the discount is great for the BB! We saved almost 30$ with the PAP's!

ScottC4746
09-05-2008, 07:21 PM
We just got ours in March! Yeah! I know we live in AZ and have PAP's but hey we have plans to go almost every month in 09' so we fig'ed its worth it!

BUT anywho back on topic... Almost everywhere we purchased something or something to eat, including Market House, we were able to use it. We have never gotten a Dole Whip so I dont know about that. When you get your AP they give you a little list of where you can and cant use your pass:D

I do have to say though that the discount is great for the BB! We saved almost 30$ with the PAP's!
Well lets see, I usually park hop and get free parking on mine so even without the discounts. After four visits (Pass is $389 a one day park hopper is $94 plus $12 parking) the pass is more than paid for. Also, this should be the final answer to this thread....from www.disneyland.com itself
"• 10-15% dining discount at select DisneylandŽ Resort restaurants ($10 minimum purchase; restrictions apply)."
So obviously it is "sometimes" enforced.

ChurroGirl
09-05-2008, 07:55 PM
ScottC exactly! We can go for 3-4 day visit from Az for us and spend less than a grand. Which is great and saying something for my purchasing habits! I love our pass and the free parking!

OH geez and welcome Scott to Mouseplanet!

ScottC4746
09-05-2008, 07:56 PM
ScottC exactly! We can go for 3-4 day visit from Az for us and spend less than a grand. Which is great and saying something for my purchasing habits! I love our pass and the free parking!

OH geez and welcome Scott to Mouseplanet!
In fact I am using it the first time this month since I renewed...been a busy summer.

Mermaid
09-05-2008, 08:01 PM
I have seen inconsitancies with this too. Most of the time they give the discount, sometimes not. They always ask me if I am an AP at the bakery.

ChurroGirl
09-05-2008, 10:17 PM
When we were there in March we were asked in the Bakery consistently, in the Emporieum, at all the Tomorrowland Terrace, Hungry Bear, and World of Disney!

Every where asked too but those are the ones we ate at the most and shopped at the most in March so that sticks out. I know also if they didnt ask I would flash it anyways and they would give it to me.

disney_leonard
09-05-2008, 11:12 PM
When I was there yesterday each time I was in line for a food item (Taste Pilots and Blue Ribbon Bakery) the CM's were asking every guest if they had a AP. At Taste Pilots my order was over $10 but at the bakery it wasn't and they still gave me the 15% PAP discount.

I was at the Dole Tiki Room stand a couple of months ago and asked about the AP discount and the CM said no. I checked online a few minutes ago and it is not listed so if you get a discount figure the CM was filling in and you're extra lucky that day. There is also no mention of the $10 minimum purchase on the AP site. It's a good change!

Malcon10t
09-06-2008, 05:56 AM
I was at the Dole Tiki Room stand a couple of months ago and asked about the AP discount and the CM said no. I checked online a few minutes ago and it is not listed so if you get a discount figure the CM was filling in and you're extra lucky that day. There is also no mention of the $10 minimum purchase on the AP site. It's a good change!Actually, the problem is there is no "button" on the cash register at the Tiki room to be able to give the discount. (The cash registers have a button that discounts the meals.) In June, I had someone who thought they were supposed to discount the whips, and even called a lead to find out they don't have "the button", so pretty much, no one would have been able to get a discount there.

MauiMickey
09-06-2008, 07:57 AM
Actually, the problem is there is no "button" on the cash register at the Tiki room to be able to give the discount. (The cash registers have a button that discounts the meals.) In June, I had someone who thought they were supposed to discount the whips, and even called a lead to find out they don't have "the button", so pretty much, no one would have been able to get a discount there.

I wonder if they have new cash registers, then? In past trips (Aug/07 and March/08) we've been able to get the discount at the Tiki Bar, but in Aug/08 we were not given the discount.

disney_leonard
09-06-2008, 09:53 AM
I wonder if they have new cash registers, then? In past trips (Aug/07 and March/08) we've been able to get the discount at the Tiki Bar, but in Aug/08 we were not given the discount.

I noticed that this week they were scanning the AP's to record the discount. I don't recall them doing that before. Maybe part of the change?

Malcon10t
09-06-2008, 10:17 AM
I noticed that this week they were scanning the AP's to record the discount. I don't recall them doing that before. Maybe part of the change?
They weren't doing that in Dec, but were on our June trip. You have to hand them the card, not just show it, and they slide it.

MammaSilva
09-06-2008, 12:34 PM
We had that happen in August as well, not all of the registers have been swapped out so some still just need you to show and they hit the button but others you actually have to let them swipe your pass.

ScottC4746
09-06-2008, 03:04 PM
I just got back from the park and Plaza Inn, before I sat my tray down she was asking if I had AAA or an AP. I have the latter and she scaned it.

ScottC4746
10-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Well, what I found out on their web site is this:
An Annual Passholder must present his/her valid Annual Passport prior to purchases to receive any applicable benefits and discounts. Benefits and discounts are nontransferable. Discounts apply only to a minimum purchase of ten dollars ($10) (excluding taxes, fees and gratuities) and are not valid on artist originals, limited editions, selected collectibles, Disney Dollars, gift cards, gift certificates, alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, admission media, shipping, gratuities or taxes. Benefits and discounts are determined solely by the DisneylandŽ Resort and may be valid at only select locations.

With that as some had noticed the Bakery gives a discount for less than $10. What I did notice this time yesterday was it was the two of us and only I have a Premium Annual Passport. When we went to use it, Bakery, Riverbelle, and Storytellers, only I got the discount on my food.

Malcon10t
10-05-2008, 03:45 PM
only I have a Premium Annual Passport. When we went to use it, Bakery, Riverbelle, and Storytellers, only I got the discount on my food.How did they determine what was your food?

K & S
10-05-2008, 04:47 PM
The discount should be applied to anything you purchase, regardless of who eats the food.

Malcon10t
10-05-2008, 04:59 PM
In late Aug, I just showed my AP, and the discount was given on the entire order. If needed, everyone could have shown APs, but that would have slowed things WAY down as they slide the APs now.

As for the $10, that has previously applied only to merchandise and not food.

cstephens
10-05-2008, 08:45 PM
When we went to use it, Bakery, Riverbelle, and Storytellers, only I got the discount on my food.

If you paid separately at the bakery and River Belle, then yes, only you get the discount. If you paid separately at Storytellers, only you would have gotten the discount. But if there was one check for the two of you, the discount applies to the entire bill.

ScottC4746
10-06-2008, 04:41 AM
If you paid separately at the bakery and River Belle, then yes, only you get the discount. If you paid separately at Storytellers, only you would have gotten the discount. But if there was one check for the two of you, the discount applies to the entire bill.
We paid together on one ticket.

Malcon10t
10-06-2008, 06:42 AM
We paid together on one ticket.So, did someone ask you which food was for which person? Also, your discount is applied pretax in case that made a difference. I just don't see how they determined which was your bakery item and which was your friends. I go in regularly and buy enough for 5 people and only show my pass. I've NEVER been asked "DO the other people have passes?" I have never been to STorytellers, so don't know there. At Goofy's, I've used my pass for my group in a party of 14, and the cashier said "I'll enter your pass, so the rest of the groups get the discount also." This was in Aug.