PDA

View Full Version : Wall-E nickel press machine

cstephens
08-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Walking through the Candy Palace tonight, I happened to glance over at a machine and much to my surprise and delight, I noticed that it was a nickel press machine featuring Wall-E. There are actually three different designs: one of just Wall-E himself, one of Eve with her "plant indicator" on, and one of Wall-E holding the plant. Each costs $0.80 (three quarters to pay for the process and the nickel to be pressed that you get back). The machine is located just to the left of the fudge counter.

Here's a picture of the designs from the machine. (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/merch/wall-e_nickels.jpg)

CdnMum22
08-04-2008, 06:48 AM
Thanks for posting this. My kids love doing the pressed coins and they LOVE Wal-E!

Roman Nation
08-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Awesome, i will look for this, do you know of a Wall-e penny press?

EeyoreGirl
08-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Cool! We'll have to look for this when we go this fall. My 3 yo loves Wall-E!

Matterhorn Yodeler
08-04-2008, 01:16 PM
I have never done a "nickel" press at DLR. But, I do recall the penny presses to be 51 cents (two quarters and the penny). Is this a 50% price increase?

cstephens
08-04-2008, 01:37 PM
As I recall, presses for nickels and quarters are always more expensive. Not sure if that is because they're harder metals so harder to squish so needs more expensive mechanism. But for $.75, I didn't care.