PDA

View Full Version : Tickets ---> AP's

SoCalSnowWhite
10-24-2002, 12:05 PM
My uncle gave me two 5 day hoppers with 2 days left on each. I was planning to use them to get my AP's. The only thing is that he wants the tickets back as a souvenier for his daughter. Will they allow you to keep the tickets if you use them to get an AP? Can they just void the rest of the days on them?

adriennek
10-24-2002, 12:12 PM
I know that in the past, guests had to sign their multi-day passes so that they were non-transferable-- are the park-hoppers signed? If so, you may not be able to use them.

I *know* there are CM's here that will know the answer-- I just can't spell his/her s/n's right now. (I think it's a him, but I thought Matterhorn Fan was a guy...)

Adrienne K

mandi2728
10-24-2002, 12:14 PM
When we were at the park a couple weeks ago, they never asked us to sign our hoppers. I just kept waiting for them to do it, but they didnt!

tabacco
10-24-2002, 12:17 PM
Unfortunately, we're not allowed to give you back the tickets after if we've applied them to the price of an AP. They have to be returned with all of our void tickets to account for the difference in the pass price. Otherwise whoever does the upgrade will come up short by quite a lot of money :(

Afterthought: Yes, I'm a guy :)

MouseWife
10-24-2002, 01:03 PM
I hope your Uncle still lets you do it!!

But also, isn't there a time frame she must do it in?

adriennek
10-24-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
Afterthought: Yes, I'm a guy :)

:D

I kept thinking "It's Tabacco, and that's how it's spelled right? It's not TabaSco, and there's only one O," but there was just too much confusion in my head.

Turns out I had your name and gender right all along. :rolleyes:

:D Adrienne K

RStar
10-24-2002, 05:06 PM
Yes ticket media in that sort of transaction is considered the same as currency. It would throw off someones drawer. And if they let you keep them you could use them over and over. Even voiding them doesn't always stop someone from figuring out a way to use them. Sorry. Good luck.

tabacco
10-24-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by MouseWife
I hope your Uncle still lets you do it!!

But also, isn't there a time frame she must do it in?

Not really. You have to upgrade before:
a) the ticket expires
or
b) the end of the last day your ticket is good for (so, in other words, the end of the 5th day on which that ticket is used)

roberts1398
10-29-2002, 04:08 PM
See if your uncle would accept a color photocopy instead, so you can get the AP...

mousey_girl
11-02-2002, 06:41 AM
I think I have the Hubby talked into upgrading our passes to Premium AP's. I will prob do this our first day so that we can get the discounts on food, souveniers and gifts (I am a shop-a-holic so this will save me some serious $$$). I just have a few questions.

1) Are the passes for 1 full year, from the date of pruchase?

2) Where do I need to go to purchase the passes (I will already have my park hopper's by then) ?

3) Since we get there pretty early on the first day we usually park in the parking structure until check-in time, will I be able to be reinbursed for parking?

I know if I looked long enough I could find the answers, but this seems so much easier and since we have a lot of newbies they may have the samw questions.

The other question is about the Edwards cinema...is it stadium seating with the raising armrests?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

on a side note-with the way I tend to shop the upgrade to the Premium AP could pay for itself in this trip alone!

HBTiggerFan
11-02-2002, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by mousey_girl
I think I have the Hubby talked into upgrading our passes to Premium AP's. I will prob do this our first day so that we can get the discounts on food, souveniers and gifts (I am a shop-a-holic so this will save me some serious $$$). I just have a few questions.

1) Are the passes for 1 full year, from the date of pruchase?

They are one year from date of first use. If you buy the voucher at a Disney Store and then take it to the park a week later the experiation date will be when you actually get your physical pass at the park.

2) Where do I need to go to purchase the passes (I will already have my park hopper's by then) ?
You can purchase them at any ticket booth, I think you can also upgrade at the information window and also the AP processing center. (I am not sure about the last two).

3) Since we get there pretty early on the first day we usually park in the parking structure until check-in time, will I be able to be reinbursed for parking? Bring your parking ticket with you and they will reimburse you for your parking or credit the $7.00 towards your AP (it works out the same in theory)

The other question is about the Edwards cinema...is it stadium seating with the raising armrests?

It is an AMC theater, they are all stadium seating and they are all "love seat" style, with raising arm rests. The seats are all high back. Some theaters are larger than others, however the seats are all the same.

tabacco
11-02-2002, 07:40 AM
Er.. the info booths can't upgrade. I think you might be referring to the DTD ticket booth, though. That's not an information booth, it's a fully-functional ticket booth just like any of the main entrance ones.

mousey_girl
11-02-2002, 08:59 AM
Thank you!!!

We should be getting out packet with the next week or so, I will see if our Disney Store can upgrade, if not we will do it at the park.

I guess I keep thinking the theater in DTD is Edwards because when Edwards came here it ran AMC out of business. When The Boy gets tired he raises the arm so he can lay on me.

EandCDad
11-02-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by mousey_girl

If I understand you correctly, you are upgrading park hoppers to AP's? If this is right, then you should use your park hoppers to enter the park (Disneyland) and then upgrade them at the AP processing center (which is on the left at the far end of Main Street). Don't waste your time at the outside ticket booths because you will need to get a picture taken (unless you already have one from a previous AP) and they only taken them at the AP Processing Center in Disneyland.

It's funny that Edwards ran all the AMC's out of business where you are, since because of rampant overexpansion, they came close to going out of business themselves.

sydney
11-03-2002, 12:52 AM
just a quick note to tag onto everyone else's expert advice. although I don't think your situation warrents worrying about this, they way I understand things, if you're upgrading park hoppers to APs, understand that the AP is backdated to expire one year from the first use of the pass. So if it's a multi-day pass which was previously used, take that into account in your planning.

:)

(that is right.... right?)

driftwood714
11-03-2002, 05:42 AM
Yes, that is correct. They backdate the AP to a year from the first day used.

So if you have a 3-Day Park Hopper you bought from the Main Entrance (the ones that are good for a 2 year period before expiration) 10 months ago for one day, and wanted to upgrade today. They'll start a year from that first use 10 months ago.

slaakker
11-03-2002, 09:47 AM
You guys know more about this stuff than I do but two years ago when I upgraded my 5 day pass, the day I upgraded was the day it expired on.

Is this a new policy? We go the same weekend every year and we count on this for the next year.

Also, I just noticed that all APs have been raised in price. I knew one was raised but now the other two have been also.

This sucks.

driftwood714
11-03-2002, 05:33 PM
They should be backdating the AP to first date used on the multi-day ticket. That's the policy. Sometimes, you might get a CM that messes up or does it intentionally.

The AP prices went up at the same time. Besides, it's only 6 bux. It's not going to break your bank. You spend more than 6 bux on ONE meal at the Park. The APs are still a great value.

tabacco
11-03-2002, 05:57 PM
Yep. Occasionally we slip up and you get a few free days as a bonus :)

I'm sure I've done it a few times without even noticing.

slaakker
11-03-2002, 06:18 PM
O.K. Tabacco, what days do you work?:D

tabacco
11-03-2002, 06:38 PM
Junes ;)