PDA

View Full Version : Details on the DLR Pirice Increase for Tickets and AP's starting Sunday, August 3rd

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Darkbeer
08-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Sonya Smith over at the Orange County Register has all the new prices for Tickets and Annual Passes for the Disneyland Resort starting this Sunday, August 3rd.

http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/2008/08/01/disney-raises-ticket-prices

Single-day, one park:
Adults: $69 (was $66)
Children: $59 (was $56)

One-day park hopper:
Adults: $93 (was $91)
Children: $84 (was $81)

Two-day park hopper:
Adults: $143 (was $132)
Children: $123 (was $112)

Three-day park hopper:
Adults: $199 (was $189)
Children: $169 (was $159)

Four-day park hopper:
Adults: $224 (was $214)
Children: $194 (was $184)

Five-day park hopper:
Adults: $244 (was $234)
Children: $214 (was$204)

ANNUAL PASSES:

Southern California Select:
$134 (was $129)

Southern California:
$174 (was $169)

Deluxe:
$269 (was $259)

Premium:
$389 (was $379)

Sonya Smith also reports that Parking Prices will remain the same.

So if you plan to go prior to January 6th, 2009, you can save a few dollars by ordering online at Disneyland.com before Sunday, 8/3/08.

And don't forget, the Southern California 3 Day ParkHopper is still on sale for just $99 at most Major Southern California Grocery Stores (first use must be by August 30th, 2008.)

ChurroGirl
08-01-2008, 08:45 PM
Now what happens to the people who purchased before the price went up. When we renew for AP's is it the increased price or the price we paid when we originally purchased?

yohomama212
08-01-2008, 08:59 PM
When you renew you'll pay the new price.

Has the price of a blackout ticket increased as well?

Elizabeth

Darkbeer
08-01-2008, 09:10 PM
You can go today to Disneyland.com, and get the LOWER price so long as you do it before Midnight on August 3rd, and that you turn in your "e-Ticket" by January 5th, 2009.

If you turn in the voucher after January 5th, 2009, then Disney will ask you for the difference in price from the voucher to the current price of the specific Ticket/ParkHopper/Annual Pass.

If you just got something in the mail recently for your Annual Pass Renewal, do NOT throw it out, the Disneyland.com site prices go up on Sunday, but if you mail in the renewal that still has the old prices, and it is received by your expiration date, you will get to pay the lower price.

K & S
08-01-2008, 09:20 PM
At least the prices didn't go up as much as last year, but it hasn't been a full year since the last increase.

Darkbeer
08-01-2008, 09:27 PM
At least the prices didn't go up as much as last year, but it hasn't been a full year since the last increase.

Actually, it was just about a year (or 53/54 weeks) since the last price increase.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disneyland

The last three price increases...

Sept. 2006 - $63

Sept. 2007 - $66

Oct. 2008 - $69

Boo's Mommy
08-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Darkbeer, I normally wouldn't question any information from you, but this price increase does come early. Our passes end/renew on October 21. I recall last year that I sent in the mail in renewal in end of September so that I could pay the "old" rate. If the rates go up now, August, that's less than a year.

nightdesigns
08-02-2008, 06:30 AM
Oct. 2008 - $69

It's August, not October, which puts us closer to 47-48 weeks since the last price increase.

The new annual pass prices have pushed me out from renewing. It's been getting harder and harder to justify the renewal each year, now we're done. Nearly $400 for 2 passes for occasional entertainment is high. It was much easier when they were $99 each.

K & S
08-02-2008, 07:24 AM
Darkbeer, I normally wouldn't question any information from you, but this price increase does come early. Our passes end/renew on October 21. I recall last year that I sent in the mail in renewal in end of September so that I could pay the "old" rate. If the rates go up now, August, that's less than a year.

Same here, my renew date is October 12 and last year I renewed at $359.

MuckaMowie
08-02-2008, 08:11 AM
SO ticked! Just read this thread and immediately went to renew our PAPs online before tomorrow, and Disney website wouldn't let me do it because it's 31 days out (our passes expire on Sept. 3rd) So, it's going to cost us extra $$. I guess they really mean 30 days! Any chance that going to the park to renew today would produce better results?

MickeyM00C0w
08-02-2008, 08:55 AM
It's August, not October, which puts us closer to 47-48 weeks since the last price increase.

The new annual pass prices have pushed me out from renewing. It's been getting harder and harder to justify the renewal each year, now we're done. Nearly $400 for 2 passes for occasional entertainment is high. It was much easier when they were $99 each.

I just checked the disney team website, and there is nothing on there I can find about ticket prices changing. The wikipedia article does say October 2008, but the news article says August 2008. Now I know wiki is not exactly known for its credibility, but news writers are not perfect either. Since we are a day away, I wouldn't say panic just yet.

Burnt Toast
08-02-2008, 10:36 AM
I just checked the disney team website, and there is nothing on there I can find about ticket prices changing. The wikipedia article does say October 2008, but the news article says August 2008. Now I know wiki is not exactly known for its credibility, but news writers are not perfect either. Since we are a day away, I wouldn't say panic just yet.

Prices are changing tomorrow. The Company announced it to the Associated Press yesterday afternoon but I don't think it was supposed to be released to the public until Sunday morning (which is usual whenever they do price increases, the don't announce until the morning of and people arrive to new signs at the ticket booths with the price changes after they were changed overnight), the AP released it early and probably on accident.

That's what struck me as odd too.

olegc
08-02-2008, 11:20 AM
SO ticked! Just read this thread and immediately went to renew our PAPs online before tomorrow, and Disney website wouldn't let me do it because it's 31 days out (our passes expire on Sept. 3rd) So, it's going to cost us extra $$. I guess they really mean 30 days! Any chance that going to the park to renew today would produce better results?

so - buy a "new one" - voucher and let your current one lapse. when you go next time to the park you can use the new one at the older price...

olegc
08-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Premium:
$389 (was $379)

well, it's a few years later than Al predicted, but that $500 price is inching closer every year.

I will probably renew again (since I really enjoy the merchandise discount for my art habit). However, the value seems to be disappearing faster every year.

Hopefully that will change when DCA rolls around to the new model BUT I wonder if they will keep price increases low and make their profit from return visits - OR - make a price increase significantly higher in order to recoup their investment sooner.

Gone2Disneyland
08-02-2008, 11:59 AM
^ You remind me that when DCA opened, a new park-hopper annual pass was introduced basically charging double for a pass that lets you into both parks. After it turned out DCA was failing to reach their attendence goals, they eliminated the increased charge but still kept the park hopper feature on annual passes. This makes me wonder what will happen to AP rates if DCA does really well come 2011-2012.

PanFan
08-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Because park attendance wasn't down enough this summer... :rolleyes:

cstephens
08-02-2008, 03:15 PM
that $500 price is inching closer every year.

Ummm, prices everywhere increase all the time. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that at some point, the AP will probably reach $500.

MickeyM00C0w
08-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Because park attendance wasn't down enough this summer... :rolleyes:

45,000 people average a day. Attendance may be down, but there are still a ton of people.

olegc
08-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Ummm, prices everywhere increase all the time. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that at some point, the AP will probably reach $500.

i guess my point is that $500 seems like a plateau that once reached makes you rethink the value. No kidding prices go up every year. C'mon - you can't think I am that naive, do you?

cstephens
08-02-2008, 04:27 PM
i guess my point is that $500 seems like a plateau that once reached makes you rethink the value.

I guess I just think it's weird that people aren't going to rethink the value until it gets to be a specific price. I think people should be re-thinking the value every time it's time to renew, depending on the availability of disposable income, how many times they're going, and how much they're enjoying going. For the moment, the price itself isn't what matters the most to me - it's what I'm getting out of it. I'm still going often and having a good time, but if enough changes happen that make me not enjoy anymore, I won't renew, regardless of the price.

Darkbeer
08-02-2008, 04:39 PM
It makes you think...

Do I NEED a Premium AP, or is a Deluxe with Parking good enough?

Can I do other things in the summer and get just a SoCal AP instead?

Maybe no AP, but use things like the current 3 Day ParkHopper SoCal special for just $99 (half price as compared to the 3 day ParkHopper at the Main Ticket booths starting Sunday).

Maybe I should go to another park?

SFMM is $30 with a ticket from Taco Bell

Knott's is $35 for adults from many discounts available, and kids are always $20 (and kids 3 thru 11 qualify for the lower rate).

USH has been offering $18 off coupons in the local Sunday Paper.

The cost to get in, and then of course, the cost for food, drink and souvenirs also comes into play....

And the costs of travelling to Anaheim and/or Orlando, plus things like less airline flights available due to cutbacks make the Regional Parks like Six Flags, Cedar Fair Entertainment Company and Worlds of Discovery (Busch/SeaWorld) likely winners as folks will opt for the closer location in much of the nation.

DizMe
08-02-2008, 06:06 PM
I am going in October. I have an AP on hold with my room. I was quoted the $259 rate and put down my 1 night's deposit. Will they honor that rate or will I have to pay the higher price when I get there? I know it's only $10, but still....

Another Dimension
08-02-2008, 07:54 PM
occasional entertainment

Unfortunately that's what the Anaheim parks specialize in now.
Downtown Disney has far more live entertainment now in one night now than both parks have combined each week.

Free.
:rolleyes:

I remember when ALTURAS, the main Rain Forest Cafe-area band, used to play above The Jungle Cruise in Adventureland inside Disneyland every weekend.
As did the TnT Streel Drum band.
The paying Guests in the either park don't deserve that sort of area music / entertainment anymore apparently.

When was the last time the stage in the Pacific Wharf at DCA was used?

"Year of a Million Dreams II: Higher prices, even less entertainment!"

Whose bonehead idea of a dream come true is that exactly?

cabozone
08-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Heading to DLR in a few weeks just purchased all our tickets today, ahead of the price change. MP is the best :D

Phantom2006
08-03-2008, 04:00 AM
Right now I have the Premium AP. My pass expires on Sept. 3. Next time I think I am just going to get the SoCal AP. I am planing to apply at DL sometime in Jan. So I am not going to spend a bunch of money on a Premium again. Does anyone know if there is still discounts for renewing? And how much it might be. I remember last time for the SoCal ones it was a gift card. Is that still the same?