PDA

View Full Version : This weekend crowds

jrad32
10-23-2002, 08:40 PM
Anyone have any idea on crowds this weekend on Friday and Saturday? Game 6 of the World Series will be going on down the street Saturday, and I'm not sure how that will effect attendance.

The weather report is calling for cloudy, with some possible showers Saturday, from what I've read.

TimBuk2
10-23-2002, 08:57 PM
This weekend shouldn't be too bad. Most kids are in school, and the WS will take a few away. Friday will be better, but you should check the weather channel. Might be raining, it says there will be a few showers and 68deg. on Saturday. That will make it even better for you since some will stay away during the rain. I think it's fun at that time, not as many crowds, and not as many strollers running you over.

As for your other question on early entry, I seem to remember a discussion at MP that stated disney stopped it, but that may have been at WDW Florida. I would call the hotel direct, or call Disney Guest Relations.

Good luck....!

jrad32
10-23-2002, 09:19 PM
Thanks. I always hope for some rain. It doesn't bother me and it seems to cut down on some of the crowds.

kranders
10-24-2002, 07:04 AM
Last weekend was the most crowded I've seen DLR during the off season. I think a lot of that was the World Series bringing in travelers. If that's true, it should be crowded again this weekend!

Pirate Bill
10-24-2002, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by kranders
Last weekend was the most crowded I've seen DLR during the off season. I think a lot of that was the World Series bringing in travelers. If that's true, it should be crowded again this weekend! I'm with ya on that one. It felt as if it were a regular summer weekend. I'm not there as much to compare it to other off season weekend crowds, but it was sure busy.

Anyone have some numbers of attendance for last weekend. I'm really curious.

jrad32
10-24-2002, 10:20 AM
That's interesting, because Game 6 is scheduled for Saturday. My thinking was that the series may bring more people in Saturday, it would still be less people than if the Angels had won last night and closed out the series tonight.

If that had happened I would guess there would be a pretty good chance of a parade or event in D-Land. Thankfully we'll miss that.

mousemom11
10-24-2002, 11:17 AM
They mentioned during the World Series broadcast last Saturday that lots of the folks who were attending the game had gone to DL the day before (Friday). Based on that, I might expect it to be more crowded than usual this Friday, since there is a good possibility that the Saturday World Series crowd might use the off day to go to DL. Also, if the Angels win tonight and could therefore win the Series on Saturday, I would expect there to be a bunch of rallies on Friday and/or Saturday morning. And if they win the series Saturday, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a big celebration either Saturday night or Sunday.

RideMax Mark
10-25-2002, 02:04 PM
So far today (Friday), the crowds haven't been too bad. We'll see how things go tomorrow...