PDA

View Full Version : What if...

Mandrake Linux
07-03-2001, 12:41 AM
What if Disney's problems are just temporary?
What if the budget is down just for now?

Think about it, DCA cost(s) well over a BILLION dollars. Bill Gate$ can't even waste that! The park is still a LITTLE in good shape, they fixed some stuff, the Tiki Room, Pirates Rehab, Matterhorn Rehab, Lincoln Rehab etc. and they still are working on a new ride! I give them props. A billion dollar debt, and all this is not all that bad. So once the Disneyland Resort is back up to par, we'll get a full rehab, paint, regular mantainance and maybe even a new ride! I read alot of rumors that said Disneyland would not get any major thing inside the park for 5 (five) years, and that was before DCA opened.

Imagine if you attached another room to your house, or bought an expensive car, wouldn't you try and make more money/cut power/phone usage? The reason for Downtown Disney and all the stores in the resort could be a smart idea of Pressler which will cover the billion dollar bill, and help Disneyland return back to a secure budget. If Pressler is that nice in person, who knows? He may not be that evil.

But then again, you never know! Let's just hope Disney gets some pocket money. Only a billion dollars away. Come on, they make millions and millions a month!

AC/DC - hates: The smell of old people.

splbound
07-03-2001, 11:17 AM
ACDC,

Bravo. There. After all of your latest posts, you are closest to the mark on this one. Basically it all comes down to this (Businesswise):

DL is the cash cow. Revenues pretty much peaked. Top dollar admissions, highest justifyable prices for retail and food. What to do? Build a 2nd park. Double income. Add hotels and shopping. Increase earnings even further.

How to pay for it? especially after a huge purchase of ABC? Excess budget siphoned off of cash cow. Things like maintenaince, repair, paint, janitorial, mostly behind the scene stuff, that they think no one will notice. (And you know, except for a reletively small number of whiners {us}), they pulled it off. I'm sure the short term cuts were meant to be replaced when they threw open the doors and people flocked to DCA. Didn't happen.

Now, old park in disrepair, new park getting expensive fixes. DCA will pick up. I saw that last night. They have done some things right, and I think they will now recover from the sluggish opening. Once this is up to where they want it, then they will have to turn their attention to DL. It needs fixing, TL needs attractions, new parades, etc. If they don't then exactly what happened to DCA will happen there. Look how fast the problems got fixed twhen the revenue dropped.

May take 5 years, but it will be fixed.

P.S. Nice to see you in a calm rational mood.

Mandrake Linux
07-03-2001, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by splbound

P.S. Nice to see you in a calm rational mood.

Thank you thank you. Yes you too.

Also, remember that the Disneyland Resort management team has to concentrate on the DCA park more often now than Disneyland so they cannot get all the problems that bug us fixed right away, even though they are doing the best they can.

Now due to advanced pill biotechnology, scent candles and self dedication by means of wholesomeness, plus Enya's music, I am much calmer. I will be focusing on it more often now. Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it :)

AC/DC - who thinks: Advertising on the Internet is just plain annoying!

EandCDad
07-03-2001, 12:18 PM
I thought you were outta here. I think you have posted more since you asked to have your account erased than ever before.:eek:

Mandrake Linux
07-03-2001, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by EandCDad
I thought you were outta here. I think you have posted more since you asked to have your account erased than ever before.:eek:

Actually, I have! But the reason I wanted my account erased is because I need a different user name.

AC/DC - who is currently listening to: Dr. Feelgood by Motley Crue over and over because he likes '80's guitar tabs alot with loud banging drums.

Alex S.
07-03-2001, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by ACDC Therapy

AC/DC - who thinks: Advertising on the Internet is just plain annoying!

I generally agree. Though I do have moments when I almost feel a fondness for it. Those moments usually coincide with me hearing that the check just showed up from the ad company.

merlinjones
07-03-2001, 02:51 PM
Beware complacency and spin.

Having spent a good deal of time around the Disney Company, it can be said whenever there is a short-term cut it remains in place, the budgets become dependant on it. Even in the high times and the Reagan era, there was no such thing as trickle down economics at the Disney Company. Only a cannibalization of overhead to increase the bottom line.

The closure of classic attractions like Skyway, Submarine Voyage, the Country Bears, etc. are not short term solutions correctable by future profits, some are irreversable. The same goes for cheap replacements such as Tomorrowland, DCA and Pooh. Like they will ever be upgraded in the immediate future...

As for maintenence, I'm sure the dead man and his wife whose face was ripped off by the cleat will be relieved to know all will be back to normal in five years. With smiles and patience and trust in the system.

As one corporate executive once said to me when asked why they were telling employees happy, soothing lies about their future: "By the time they find out we will have had two more years out of them."

The system does not always correct itself in time to prevent permanent damage.

Business theory has become a religion exclusive of any opposing reality. Marketing itself has become the product. There is no center.

Napsto
07-03-2001, 03:12 PM
you know that makes perfect sense.