PDA

View Full Version : Saw the Electrical Parade...

CaliforniaCrazy
07-02-2001, 11:17 PM
Well, I just got back from DCA after seeing the Electrical Parade, and I am glad I did. It brought back a lot of sentimental feelings in my mind, and I can honestly say I cried when that music started up. It was weird seeing it at Paradise Pier, but I can get used to it. I have a few questions for anyone else who went to DCA to see it, though:

1. Did anyone else see Debra Wilson from Mad TV out there? She was doing her character to somebody, and I wanted to get her autograph, but she ran off before I had a chance to ask her.

2. Does anyone know WHY they put one of the Rocket Rods out in front of Hollywood & Dine? That one just makes no sense to me at all.

3. Why did they decide to keep the music turned off from the parade until it reached the front of Golden Vine Winery?

Well, I hope someone can shed some light on the Rocket Rod question. That's been bugging me all the way home! :confused:

CaliforniaCrazy
07-02-2001, 11:40 PM
Well, I guess splbound's thread answered my first question. If only I could have gotten her autograph. Oh well. Now, if someone could answer my Rocket Rod Question...:confused:

AIRLINE
07-03-2001, 01:25 AM
We could see the the parade from the east side and the south side of the upper terrace at Mondavi and could hear the music from both sides with no problem. It seemed to us that the music score was timed perfectly to the movement of the floats.

Maybe from tonights perfromance, they will be able to "tweak" the timing of the sound system for the official start of the parade so that everyone along the parade route will be able to hear the music timed to the movement of the floats.

Did anyone find it unusally clumsy when walking around Farmers Market and trying to walk-around the handicapped ramps put in place over the cables laid for the EP? With the number of cables running around back and forth, someone is going to slip or trip over the cables and/or the handicapped ramps...accidents just waiting to happen! But, hat's off to the folks at Sisney for thinking about the disabled and inlcuding a method in which to traverse over the cables.

AVP
07-03-2001, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by AIRLINE
Maybe from tonights perfromance, they will be able to "tweak" the timing of the sound system for the official start of the parade so that everyone along the parade route will be able to hear the music timed to the movement of the floats.

But, hat's off to the folks at Sisney for thinking about the disabled and inlcuding a method in which to traverse over the cables.

As it was explained to me...

The parade was run in silence up to where the stage was, so the invited guests would be "surprised" when the parade suddenly appeared in front of them. Otherwise, you would have seen the Big Speech, the music would have started, and it would have taken 10 minutes for the parade to actually get to the media area. They couldn't run the parade with the music up to the stage area during the big speech, because the music would have distracted from the speech.

For the public performances, starting tonight, the music will start as soon as the parade hits the street.

I noticed the cable ramps, and thought they were pretty cool. I've seen them at other events, so it looks like Disney bought them and is making them standard equipment now. Unfortunately, for all that planning, they forgot to designate a reserved seating area for guests using wheelchairs. I saw a pretty nasty argument between a guest (But Disneyland has a reserved area!) and a CM (ma'am, this isn't a public performance, so we don't have to offer special seating)

Adrienne VP

rlongenbach
07-03-2001, 10:06 AM
Re: the Rocket Rod

I don't want to give it away yet, because it will(should) be mentioned by someone else in the near future here at MP.

Ralph Wiggum
07-03-2001, 11:22 AM
Okay roger, thats just mean. You have me on the edge of my seat. Its like your dangling Krispy Kreams just out of my reach from a rope above my head.

Napsto
07-03-2001, 03:16 PM
don't be like that. what a tease!

CaliforniaCrazy
07-03-2001, 05:46 PM
It could mean one of two things: they could be using the Rocket Rods to make an entirely new ride at DCA, or else they are planning to announce they will be bringing them back to Disneyland. Am I right on either one?;)

Kevin Yee
07-03-2001, 06:15 PM
The wayward Rod (no, not a piano player) is used for... um... something.

Roger's right, we wouldn't want to spoil the surprise!

It's actually not as big a deal as you might be thinking it is....

CaliforniaCrazy
07-03-2001, 06:29 PM
I'll try not to act too surprised, then. :rolleyes:

DisneyFreak2000
07-03-2001, 10:04 PM
Now you HAVE to tell us. Are they trying to tie the Rocket Rod car with a re-opening or something else of a new attraction or what?

Rick
07-04-2001, 07:46 AM
Maybe if we bomb him with e-mails he'll have to tell us just to shut us up.

rlongenbach
07-04-2001, 03:05 PM
Nice try!

I still agree with Kevin, we don't want to spoil the surprise.

DisneyFreak2000
07-04-2001, 04:45 PM
When would we find out? Is someone going to post it on the site? Are we gonna like it or be disapointed? Is it as big as a surprise as we're making it out to be?

Napsto
07-04-2001, 05:38 PM
the rocket rods are coming back???? the first person to find out, has to post in this thread.

Napsto
07-04-2001, 05:43 PM
BTW, how were crowds forthe parade?

Gregmh48
07-05-2001, 10:54 AM
I've always thought that the Rods could be used as a limo kind of car in Superstar Limo, but I really doubt that that would happen.

Ralph Wiggum
07-05-2001, 11:23 AM
MPeers-
Can you at least tell us who will be telling us about this rocket rod stuff?

Napsto
07-05-2001, 10:15 PM
yea, which lucky guy gets to break the news?

Napsto
07-09-2001, 11:24 AM
new rod info was in dig update?

Andrew
07-09-2001, 11:42 AM
Is the DEP soundtrack the same as the old MSEP soundtrack? Is anything new or missing from previous versions?

What about the opening announcement? Does it now say "Disneyland Resort proudly presents" instead of "Disneyland proudly presents"?

And what IS the deal with the Rocket Rod, anyway?

(clueless in Northern California)

JRob2k1
07-09-2001, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Andrew
And what IS the deal with the Rocket Rod, anyway?

(clueless in Northern California)

We were told to wait because they dont want to give away the "suprise."

I thought for sure there would be something about it in todays DIG update but as you all know, nothing!!! So Im just as clueless as you, sorry.

-JRob

Ralph Wiggum
07-09-2001, 12:35 PM
I asked a cast member on Friday about the rod With a very suspicious tone they said "it's just a prop to fit in the Hollywood area." I guess that could be the true story but it really is a stretch. Its not from a movie. Maybe they are going to create a Museum(Graveyard) for the old disneyland rides. I know they have a bunch of them backstage at Disneyland. That would be cool, but still a stretch.

BTW...has anyone looked at that futuristic mural thing behind where the rocket rod is(to the left of Hollywood and Dine). Its pretty cool looking and some of the signs are pretty funny. I dont know how necessary the dining area is right in front of that. Maybe thats where they will display the Graveyard.

Ralph Wiggum
07-09-2001, 12:45 PM
or even better, maybe they will rig it so that you put in a quarter(prob more like 3 bucks) and it will swing back and forward like outside of Ralphs(the grocery store)(man i like to use these brackets):D ;) :p

Continue anything about the Rocket rod in THIS THREAD (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1140)