PDA

View Full Version : Has Fast Pass Policy Changed - No Return Limit? [Fastpass Rules - Merged Threads]

kimi911
07-30-2008, 06:42 PM
I have sadly not been to DLR for a while.

In the past, at botH DLR and WDW, I loved how you could use Fast Passes after the return time. I'd use them several hours late sometimes. I even had cast members tell me to only care about the first time and come after that.

Is this still how they run things at DLR?

THanks so much!

PanFan
07-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Yup. I was just trained on my first FP attraction this week (Roger Rabbit) and I was taught that they have to be used after the first time listed but not before the second time (i.e. you can return anytime after your window opens up, as long as it's on the same date). As far as Dream FP, you can use them on any date, not just the date received (and that's in the actual Operating Guide).

racccoon
07-31-2008, 09:13 AM
Really? On any date? Has anyone tried this yet? I got 2 old ones with some rides that were un-used. If I could still use them, that woul dbe awsome!

cstephens
07-31-2008, 10:21 AM
Really? On any date? Has anyone tried this yet? I got 2 old ones with some rides that were un-used. If I could still use them, that woul dbe awsome!

Just pointing out that she said Dream Fastpasses, not regular ones. Not sure if those are the ones you mean.

Mermaid
07-31-2008, 10:38 AM

If you mean Dream FP, yes I have done it a few times. I have not tried to use 2007 ones in 2008 though.

tokarrai
07-31-2008, 12:19 PM
Panfan, since you were cross trained more recently than I was (Buzz back at the end of June) perhaps you can clarify for me....

But isn't it only the 2008 Dream FP's that can still be used, not the 2007? I remember asking my trainer about it, and that's what she said.

Take this with a grain of salt...remember, I'm used to being asked 8 times a minute if my attraction has fast pass, and telling them that the subs and the FP's don't play well together. :)

T

mom2teens
07-31-2008, 04:45 PM
We are going on our trip to DL in 13 days. Last trip was about 5 years ago, and at that time (if I remember correctly) you could only have 2 fastpasses at one time. They had to be used within the timeframe marked on them. Now I understand they can be used anytime after the first time (on the pass) until closing that same day.

Can anyone tell me- are there still restrictions to how many passes you can hold? For example, if you get a fastpass in the morning with a time later in the afternoon does that mean you can't collect anymore fastpasses until that first time rolls around?

details please-- I am confused! :confused:

Barbossa
07-31-2008, 05:04 PM
From my experience:

1. You can get another fastpass at the time your latest fastpass becomes valid. i.e. if your latest fastpass is valid at 10:45am, you can get another FP at that time.

2. Though there is a time range printed on the pass, they're good from the earliest printed time to the end of the day. I've never had a CM refuse an "expired" FP.

3. I believe Grizzly River Run is "out of network". In other words, you can get an FP for it even if you hold an FP for another DCA ride that is not yet valid. The same is true for Roger Rabbit at Disneyland, I think.

4. Our strategy is to hit the park when it opens and gather fast passes in the morning. A newly issued FP in the morning is likely to be valid very soon after you get it, which means you can get many FP's in a relatively short period of time.

Drince88
07-31-2008, 05:28 PM
1. You can get another fastpass at the time your latest fastpass becomes valid. i.e. if your latest fastpass is valid at 10:45am, you can get another FP at that time.

If the return time is far enough in the future, you can get another one earlier. At the bottom of the fastpass it will tell you when you can get the new one.

For example, if at 9:00 you get a FP for Space Mountain, and the return time is 5:00pm. You don't have to wait until 5, there will be a time (maybe 11:00) when you can get another fastpass, for any attraction BUT Space Mountain.

jonesin4Dland
07-31-2008, 06:38 PM
I never realized you couldn't get a second FP before the ride time window opens (but after time to get new FP). I always go for a different ride!:fez:

PanFan
07-31-2008, 10:35 PM
Panfan, since you were cross trained more recently than I was (Buzz back at the end of June) perhaps you can clarify for me....

But isn't it only the 2008 Dream FP's that can still be used, not the 2007? I remember asking my trainer about it, and that's what she said.

Take this with a grain of salt...remember, I'm used to being asked 8 times a minute if my attraction has fast pass, and telling them that the subs and the FP's don't play well together. :)

T

I hear ya! That's all you do at Greeter for Matterhorn, too. And at least once per rotation someone will ask us if the subs have FP, so there's a few we save you from (though I'm sure they ask you about Matterhorn as well)!

According to the OG for Roger, we can accept Dream FP after the date they were awarded. It didn't specify anything different between 2007 and 2008 dates, nor did my trainer.

Can anyone tell me- are there still restrictions to how many passes you can hold? For example, if you get a fastpass in the morning with a time later in the afternoon does that mean you can't collect anymore fastpasses until that first time rolls around?

There is no restriction on the number of FP you can hold at one time, but you do have to wait until EITHER your return window opens up OR two hours after you received your FP, whichever is earlier. So if you got a FP for Space at 9:00 and it's good at 9:40, you can get another FP (for Space or any other FP attraction) at 9:40 (when your window opens up). If you got a FP at 1:05 and it's not good until 7:45, you can get another FP at 3:05 (two hours after the FP was received). The easiest way to tell is just look at the bottom of your ticket. It will tell you "Another FastPass will be available at XXX."

mom2teens
08-01-2008, 09:21 AM
Thank you everyone for the great replies!! So excited....12 days to go!!

Barbossa
08-01-2008, 04:28 PM
I didn't know the "2 hour rule". Thanks all for pointing this out!

cnonnahs
08-01-2008, 05:11 PM
I read on another thread that dream fastpasses can be used on any date after they are issued. Has anyone tried to use their 2007 dream fastpass in 2008? We have two that we didn't use and I would love to be able to take advantage of them in our upcoming trip. Thanks in advance!

Julie Mouse
08-01-2008, 11:11 PM
I haven't heard one definitive answer to this question. I have heard both answers from cast members who take fastpasses. I first heard that they would take any 2008 dream fastpass anytime during 2008. But then I heard that they are accepting old dream fastpasses (without any limitation that it must be this year). I think it depends on the cast member you happen to get.

BTW, if you call guest relations and ask that question, I think you still get the standard line that it is only good the day you win it. Luckily, they aren't following that rule at the rides. Good luck using them, I'll be most cast members won't have any problems with you using the 2007 ones.

ShirleyFilms
08-04-2008, 09:04 AM
I, for one, would really like some clarification on the 2007 vs. 2008 Dream Fastpass question.

We are going back to DLR at the end of August. Last year, we won Dream Fastpasses TWICE, but each time, we barely got to use them. So. We have a pile of mostly unused Dream Fastpasses.

It would be great if we could utilize them!

AVP
08-04-2008, 09:52 AM
I, for one, would really like some clarification on the 2007 vs. 2008 Dream Fastpass question. A CM on these boards posted earlier in this thread that, during her training on a new ride, she learned "according to the OG [Operations Guide] for Roger, we can accept Dream FP after the date they were awarded. It didn't specify anything different between 2007 and 2008 dates, nor did my trainer."

I think that's probably the best answer you're going to get. It sounds like practice differs from policy, which is good for anyone trying to use expired passes, but since the official stated policy per Disney and as printed directly on the pass is that they may only be used on the day they are won, you're probably not going to get something "official" that contradicts that.

I'd bring them, I'd try to use them, and if a CM says "no" I'd try later with a different CM. As with many policies, exceptions (and this would be an exception from the official policy provided to guests with the pass, regardless of what the location OG says) are left to the discretion of the CM.

AVP

ShirleyFilms
08-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Right on. Thanks AVP.

Chasbo
08-04-2008, 12:59 PM
I, for one, would really like some clarification on the 2007 vs. 2008 Dream Fastpass question.

We are going back to DLR at the end of August. Last year, we won Dream Fastpasses TWICE, but each time, we barely got to use them. So. We have a pile of mostly unused Dream Fastpasses.

It would be great if we could utilize them!

My wife and I won Dream Fastpasses a few weeks ago. We had already done quite a few rides, so we decided to save them. We went again this Sunday and used them. The CMs on every ride we used them on barely looked at them. As long as they saw us pulling the tabs off in their presence, I think they were satisfied. The 2007 DFPs do look slightly different than the 2008 ones, so based on what we experienced that would be about the only way they would have know the difference. However, I don't think they are looking too closely.

bayarea disneyland
10-16-2008, 09:58 AM
Are there any unconnected machines anymore? Can you back and forth between parks?

Thanks!

bayarea disneyland
10-16-2008, 10:06 AM
I didn't mean unconnected as in not working I meant unconnected from the rest of the FP machines...so you could have 2 FP's at once. Thanks!

TTFN92
10-16-2008, 10:09 AM
The last I heard, Roger Rabbit isn't connected. It is just so far to go get a FP and then go to a different part of the park, then go back when it is available. Yes, you can go between parks. They aren't connected.

PanFan
10-16-2008, 10:11 AM
DL and DCA are on their own systems. Roger is unconnected at DL and GRR is unconnected at DCA.

emsmom
10-17-2008, 02:42 PM
A few years ago AAA packages included tickets that allowed you to get multiple fast passes. You could go around and collect passes from any off the machines right at opening but only 1 per ride. I know they stopped doing this when dream fast passes came out, does any one know if they will start up again in 2009? I am planning a trip in June and this feature was GREAT!!!