PDA

View Full Version : Are they getting rid of McDonalds at DCA?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

ginap73
07-30-2008, 01:26 PM
I see the burger invasion is going to close, does that mean they are getting rid of Mcdonalds? or will they put something else in it's place?

HisKid
07-30-2008, 01:31 PM
I see the burger invasion is going to close, does that mean they are getting rid of Mcdonalds? or will they put something else in it's place?

The updates this week said that McDonald's is pulling out of the park completely, and something else will move into the Burger Invasion, as well as the 2 fry stands in DL

stan4d_steph
07-30-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm lovin' it!

yohomama212
07-30-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm lovin' it!

LOL! Me too! I recently started boycotting McD's for personal reasons and while Baby Chewbacca isn't lovin' the lack of McFlurries... I don't mind it one bit!

Elizabeth

Jim Dear and Darling
07-30-2008, 03:13 PM
I guess I'm in the minority, but I love those fries stands. I will miss them.

candles71
07-30-2008, 03:14 PM
I guess I'm in the minority, but I love those fries stands. I will miss them.

We will too. This is one of our afternoon snacks.

ginap73
07-30-2008, 03:27 PM
what a bummer, mcdonads and DCA was the only safe food i could eat that didn't bother my stomach.

are there any other burger stands at DCA???

adriennek
07-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Wow, it's been 11 years since they paid me $75 to tell them not to do it. LOL.

Adrienne

Andrew
07-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Wow, it's been 11 years since they paid me $75 to tell them not to do it. LOL.
Oops, now they're going to want their money back.

ChurroGirl
07-30-2008, 05:10 PM
I am so glad they are removing the McD's from the park. Its so unhealth and bad for you. I am not saying churros and popcorn is anybetter but McD's was just worse!

cstephens
07-30-2008, 05:16 PM
are there any other burger stands at DCA???

I believe Taste Pilots has burgers, but I'm not a fan of theirs. Then, again, I'm not a fan of McD's burgers either.

As for fries, I like the ones you get from Farmer's Market or Stage Door/Golden Horseshoe that comes with the fish and chicken strips. I used to love the ones at French Market but, alas, no more.

olegc
07-30-2008, 06:16 PM
I am so glad they are removing the McD's from the park. Its so unhealth and bad for you. I am not saying churros and popcorn is anybetter but McD's was just worse!

c'mon. McD worse than churros? I doubt it. Churro's may taste better - but in terms of calories per ounce, etc., it's gotta be up there..

Besides - McD's fry's at the fry shacks were a lot hotter and fresher than what you would get at the Hungry Bear or at the Stage Door Cafe... ( i guess cstephens and I differ here)

To me - the Anti-McD has a lot more to do with the notion of having something from the outside world invade and sell inside the berm of disneyland than the food. That's cool with me - everyone has an opinion. but remember - that healthy salad you're eating is only healthy if you don't use the dressing..

Malcon10t
07-30-2008, 06:56 PM
I am so glad they are removing the McD's from the park. Its so unhealth and bad for you. I am not saying churros and popcorn is anybetter but McD's was just worse!As far as getting rid of it because it's unhealty, that should be my choice. If I want to eat unhealthy during my vacation, that should be my choice. They removed the ribs and chicken from Riverbelle, my favorites, to make way for "healthier fare", and the beef stew and french dip from French Market. Next will be the Monte Cristo and the Chicken Fusilli.....

But, as I understand it, the contract with McDs wasn't renewed, so like many other contracts (Pepsi for one) its gone.

DisneyDustin22
07-30-2008, 08:00 PM
This whole "healthier choices" thing is getting a little ridiculous. Not just DL. Everywhere. A person should be able to choose what they want to eat and not just from a selection of so called healthy items.

I for one would like to think I take great care of my health by eating right and exercising 5-6 days a week on my own. When I visit DL I do so as a break from my everyday life, as is such, a break from eating and exercising is also one to look forward to. So I often enjoy a snack of fries or a plate of fried chicken for dinner.

And if they're going to start comparing items across the board then why don't we see the plates of fudge going away? Or the ice cream sundays piled with chocolate chip cookies and whip cream and chocolate syrup? Anyone walk by the ice cream shop on main st at the end of the night? You can literally smell the fat calories coming out the door. And let's not forget the 18 inch long pipes you can fill with pure sugar for the kids! Oh what, is that 'healthy' sugar? :rolleyes:

While yes, the food may not always be the healthiest choice for you, there isn't a drastic demand to outlaw it. Why don't we take a look at the serving sizes before we get rid of something all together? More times than not I've purchased fries and they were overflowing the box like Tina Turner's hair.

Anyway...it won't stop me from coming. And in the words of the governator...'I'll be back." :cool:

Chadsgal
07-30-2008, 08:38 PM
I for one will not be sad to see this go. When I go to Disneyland I want to eat food I can only get there, not something that is on every corner. It is a welcome change. We only ate at Burger Invasion once and that was because we were all to hungry to make it to someplace else.

dznyphreak
07-30-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm among those who liked the McDonald's fry stands. Those were the freshest, most perfectly made McDonald's fries I've ever had. I won't miss Burger Invasion...SO overpriced and the "combos" didn't even include drinks.

I can see the reasoning on both sides of the line here. With America's obesity and all its health risks getting so much media attention, it's no surprise that food service places are trying to offer more "healthy" fare. Still, we should have choices. I suppose there's always the option of McDonald's on Harbor, if you really want it.

...At least you'll burn off some of the calories walking there and back. :)

TTFN92
07-30-2008, 09:28 PM
I really don't mind that it is going because it is McDonald's. I cringe whenever my kids want to eat there when we are at home. I don't think they ever even knew that you could get it at DCA. I do have to say though that DH and I usually buy fries when it is just the 2 of us. We usually get them late morning when nothing else is open, except breakfast. The first time we got them was on our anniversary trip. I was so hungry because I had only eaten a light breakfast (I really don't like breakfast food) and nothing was open. We saw the fry shack in front of HM and I almost said no just out of principle, but I was so hungry I gave in :p. They tasted so much better than they do at McDs at home. It must be the atmosphere. So while they are a good snack I'd rather see something else a little more fun and unique to DL. :) Let's hope that is what we get and not another chain food, like Burger King :rolleyes:.

olegc
07-30-2008, 09:47 PM
I for one will not be sad to see this go. When I go to Disneyland I want to eat food I can only get there, not something that is on every corner. It is a welcome change. We only ate at Burger Invasion once and that was because we were all to hungry to make it to someplace else.

unfortunately - those pre-made and partially pre-cooked burgers you now get at Taste Pilots and Hungry Bear, as well as some other menu items repeated throughout the resort, just seems to me that yes it may seem unique but just because there is no brand on it may not make it unique..

Blue Bayou is unique (for now). so is some of the items at Cafe Orleans or the chicken at Zocolo. After that - it's the indulgences I love (and now miss at some locations).

I agree with other posters on this that I hope whatever they put in it's place, whether it's the snack locations or Burger INvasion, is NOT another frozen lemonade stand, churros, or turkey legs. we have 3 or 4 locations for those now as it is...

californiagirlx7
07-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Aww I'm bummed that they are taking out McDonald's. I dont go there all the time but sometimes I just get a craving for the fries and they are always a safe bet, compared to some of Disneyland's food...

dznyphreak
07-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Aww I'm bummed that they are taking out McDonald's. I dont go there all the time but sometimes I just get a craving for the fries and they are always a safe bet, compared to some of Disneyland's food...
As a former Disneyland Food & Beverages Cast Member, I can tell you that the food is quite safe and of good quality as well. I don't really see what the problem would be with the food. If you're saying it's because McDonald's made it, and not Disneyland, just remember that even the people working at the McDonald's locations in both parks are Cast Members, just like every other food service location. Heck, I worked at Conestoga Fries once last summer. Why the McDonald's food would be considered of any different quality (for better or for worse) than the rest of Disneyland's food fare seems strange to me.

Jim Dear and Darling
07-31-2008, 08:30 AM
See, I never eat at McDonalds at home for health reasons (and size-of-my-rear-end-reasons) but I do indulge when I am at Disneyland on vacation, and enjoyed those fries. We used to get them coming off of Splash Mountain in the afternoon as a snack before dinner.

As for the food at DL, I don't personally find much of it terribly unique. There are a few restaurants to be sure, but much of the burger/hot dog fare could be found anywhere, and better. I think it's nice that they are offiering some healthy things to eat at the DL Resort, but I don't think they need to go overboard and remove all of the unhealthy things.

French Dip? Ribs? Really? That's ridiculous. And it makes me sad. I loved that French Dip.

Bytebear
07-31-2008, 09:03 AM
I am glad McD's is going out. I dont think chain restaurants should be in the park. Disneyland should have unique eateries. Why pay admission to get the same crap you get outside the park, and pay a higher price for the privilage. Disneyland should be better than that.

DL Mama
07-31-2008, 09:48 AM
I must admit, I've never actually eaten any Mickey D's in the park. My kids always want it too often at home, and we try to eat stuff we can't get in "Beautiful Downtown Turlock". (Not that most of DLR's food is all that unique, but you know what I mean)

However, I WILL miss the aroma wafting from those fry carts...makes me hungry, even if I've just eaten!

HisKid
07-31-2008, 11:12 AM
As a former Disneyland Food & Beverages Cast Member, I can tell you that the food is quite safe and of good quality as well. I don't really see what the problem would be with the food. If you're saying it's because McDonald's made it, and not Disneyland, just remember that even the people working at the McDonald's locations in both parks are Cast Members, just like every other food service location. Heck, I worked at Conestoga Fries once last summer. Why the McDonald's food would be considered of any different quality (for better or for worse) than the rest of Disneyland's food fare seems strange to me.

I may be wrong for responding as though I know what someone else intended, but I don't think she meant "safe" in the "food safety" sense, but the way I read it, she knew it would be a "safe bet" because she knew it would fulfill her french fry craving. Sometimes if you get a craving for something, even something that is called the same thing won't satisfy the craving. If I get a specific craving for a piece of Godiva chocolate, it MIGHT be satisfied by a Hershey kiss, but probably not (even though they are both called chocolate). It didn't sound to me like she was bringing the safety of food served at DL into question. But if I'm wrong, I'm sure she will correct me.

BunnyCups
07-31-2008, 12:41 PM
But those fries are so magical :(

I don't care about the actual McDs in DCA... but man those french fries are the best.