PDA

View Full Version : Just a question/comment

Grandbreaker
10-22-2002, 08:00 PM
Why is there a CM at the base of the last drop of Splash? You now can get your ANGELS monkeys and foam finger on main street and in downtown you can get all of that plus THUNDER STICKS. I also like the new( old ) music for HM. Oh what do you guys think of those video screens in DTD with the game I enjoyed it.

Thanks

Techie7
10-22-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Grandbreaker
Why is there a CM at the base of the last drop of Splash? You now can get your ANGELS monkeys and foam finger on main street and in downtown you can get all of that plus THUNDER STICKS. I also like the new( old ) music for HM. Oh what do you guys think of those video screens in DTD with the game I enjoyed it.

Thanks

Well you have quite a few comments and questions for one thread!

The CM at the base of Spash was added as a compromise with the lawyers after the last refurb. The lawyers (and many CM's) are deathly afraid of people getting out of the logs right before the drop. I have watched people climb out of the logs and it is scary to see people on top of the mountain with no clue how to get down.

I think you can get Thunder Sticks in Disneyland as well. For those that have not spotted the Angels ODV it is located in front of the AAA window just through the left hand (entering the park) tunnel.

The jumbo-trons are nice and people seem to enjoy having them around. I think they could do a little work to change the giant trailer unit in front of La Brea to something a little smaller but it is a nice way of bringing in fans to the resort!

Polar33
10-22-2002, 10:42 PM
Just a comment on the Angels merch setups, those are not being handled by ODV. They are being run by the merchandise department.

The TV truck by La Brea is what is running all three jumbo-screens in DTD. There's a Dish Network receiver nearby that feeds the signal into the truck which feeds it to the other 3 screens. Not a bad setup for something that was basicaly thrown together.

DwoernAdale
10-22-2002, 10:57 PM
Ok, I gotta ask. What are thunder sticks?

Darkbeer
10-23-2002, 12:03 AM
Anaheim Angels fans come alive with help of inflated sticks - AP, 10/9/02

The mellow Southern California baseball fan, known best for arriving late, leaving early and offering tepid support for the home team, has undergone a personality transplant thanks in part to inflated plastic sticks.
The 24-inch dark red tubes, which fans blow up and then whack together to create noise, have made some typically timid Anaheim Angels supporters sound more like Thor, the mythological Norse god of thunder.

justagrrl
10-23-2002, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by DwoernAdale
Ok, I gotta ask. What are thunder sticks?

annoying. ;)

Techie7
10-23-2002, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Polar33

The TV truck by La Brea is what is running all three jumbo-screens in DTD. There's a Dish Network receiver nearby that feeds the signal into the truck which feeds it to the other 3 screens. Not a bad setup for something that was basicaly thrown together.

Yup. I do love the coax cable that runs almost the length of DTD to feed the other screens. I was walking into the resort and said, "What that..." I was very impressed with the setup for how little time they planned it in. Either way you would think that they might be able to put the giant truck backstage. Thanks for clarifying the angels merch... I wondered if ODV was handeling that but the setup looked a little different.