PDA

View Full Version : BIG World Series Celebration at DCA and DD If....

FOOD_AND_DRUG
10-22-2002, 10:05 AM
the Angels win....

Overheard some of those Disney people talking about the plans for a BIG celebration IF the Angels win

Supposedly....

Disney plans to have a CELEBRATION PARADE based upon the final game, possibly beginning at Disneyland Resort and ending inside Anaheim Stadium.

and

Disney will hold a WORLD SERIES CELEBRATION inside DCA, ONLY if the Angels win and PENDING Angels players being available to participate and approval of Angels Club management.

The plan is after the city of Anheim celebration, DCA hosts the Anaheim Angels with a celebration paying tribute to the Angels and the fans, similar to the ABC Prime Time Weekend.

The first event will most likely will be free AND another chance for Disney to sell $5.00 boxes of Popcorn.

The second event will require paid admission (one-day ticket, park hopper or AP) into DCA.

Gee, if I can't get tickets to the World Series, I can go pay $45 and MAYBE see the players inside DCA...just like the ABC stars....whoooopee

I'll wait until next spring and buy a $6.00 ticket to Edison Field, go early before the game and get autographs...unless that player has been traded..

Anyone up for the parade? That should really tie-up traffic along Katella Ave....walk Disneyland to Edison Field...then pay to go see the players at DCA. Sounds like a GREAT plan!

Go Disney!

tabacco
10-22-2002, 10:16 AM
You're really upset about that popcorn, huh?

FOOD_AND_DRUG
10-22-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by tabacco
You're really upset about that popcorn, huh?

Not upset at all...rather, I'm promoting the sale of it!!

LifelongAngelsFan
10-24-2002, 09:43 AM
I'm glad to hear that Disney is planning such an event. Unfortunately, I'm back in Seattle, so won't be able to go.

hbquikcomjamesl
10-24-2002, 02:18 PM
. . . BIG celebration IF the Angels winIf?!?

Traci
10-24-2002, 03:05 PM
Yeah, that IF should be changed to WHEN, huh James? Tee hee :D

FOOD_AND_DRUG
10-27-2002, 08:44 AM
Who's going to DD for the rally today during the game?

Anyone heard what (if any) celebration will be held toinight after the game?